Run/Walk Training Thread

FLM 2008

6 messages
10/09/2007 at 17:14

I know this is early but there are probably some 5xs rejects, deferred places or golden bonders around.

I am a 5x reject and starting out running again after a long lay off with a squished disc, hence the run/walk.

I will be following the John Bingham Run/walk schedule from marathon running for mortals but as that is a 20 week programme I am using the next 7 weeks to ease myself in to regular training again. 

I hope there are some other run walkers out there to keep me company and for mutual support and help.

Any way, I started out today with 5 lots of 2/1 with 5 min warm and cool.

JJ 

11/09/2007 at 00:17

Hi JJ! Remember me from the sub 5 thread? I may have been using the name Debbs then. I was only wondering the other day where you were these days.............

Sorry to hear about your disc trouble. How you doing now?

11/09/2007 at 09:07

Doing fine thanks Debbs, and I do remember you

I had a bit of a relapse in July, lifting somethingb too heavy again but no twinges since then so I'm easing my self back into training.

This morning was another milestone. If I am going to finish my marathon training I'm going to have to be an early morning runner. Soooo this morning I was up at 6 and out the door.

11/09/2007 at 18:44

Well done! I do lots of running early in the morning too especially in the summer when I just can't run in the heat.

You should pop into the sub 5 thread and say hello - there are still people on there that were there a couple of years ago! Bet they would love to hear from you..............

14/09/2007 at 10:34

Hi Josie.

Looks like we both have the same sort of goals. I have the next 14 weeks to lose a bit of weight and just get the old legs moving again.

I had keyhole surgery on both knees late 2004 and have been very inactive since. Plus i am having real blister problems on my soles and that has been my problem.

Time for excuses is over.

I was on the 4 30 plan last time, and was well on plan until the knees said no way dude. Did the 2004 race in 5 hours 6 seconds in the end, and boy did it rain.

This week I am run / jog ( what is running ) 1 minute walk 4, repeat 4 times. There is no way I can run for 5 mins in one go, that is going to takes months. In fact I did the last race on the 10 jog 1 walk which got less run and more walk until at the end it was walk 10 jog 30 seconds. Was I in pain last time 30 mins for last 2 miles. I was so sure I would break 5 hours. 

14/09/2007 at 11:45

Why do we put our selves through it !!!!

Bit tired today as I did my 5 x 2/1 Run Walk then cycled the 6 miles to work.

Going to try 3 miles tomorrow as I have been managing around 2 miles in the week

Slow and steady

JJ

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.