Runners World How to Enter FLM 2004

My alternative Guide

9 messages
11/09/2003 at 07:21
Like Runners World, I too have updated my guide to entering the London Marathon and fortunately the dates are the same as the one in Runners World ;-)

So if you want to read a slightly longer article check out my signature below.

Good luck to everyone entering and let's share experiences of getting in (or not!)

My Guide to entering the London Marathon
11/09/2003 at 12:43
Annie M - both your article, and the RW piece, forget to mention that UKA affiliated members can get a guaranteed championship place if they've run under 2:45 (men) or 3:15 (women) in a marathon since January 2002.
11/09/2003 at 14:09
Thanks Donutto

I'll update mine later and then at least I can say I'm one step ahead of Runners World ;-)

Orca    pirate
18/09/2003 at 18:15
Thank you so much for the link to Uli's site for overseas entrants. I'm an Irish runner (relative beginner) interested in applying for a lottery place in FLM 2004.I've e-mailed Sports Tours International to find out the procedure for overseas runners and have received no response what so ever. When you click on the link it tells you all about accomodation etc. which is of no interest to me as I have family in London. All I wanted was to find out how to get an entry form so I could be included in the lottery.
30/09/2003 at 18:17
It's a very nice article, Annie, but why don't you mention this website and its forum community in it?

If the forum underneath your article had been used since July 2002, I'd have put a message there ;-)
30/09/2003 at 18:24
Meowww!

Saucer of milk for Mr Fishpool!

:o)
30/09/2003 at 19:26
Fair point Mr Fishpool and no sooner said than done and only too happy to oblige.

I actually spend more time in this newsgroup than the Yahoo one anyway as it's far livlier ;-)
30/09/2003 at 19:58
Now THAT was funny, Mr F!!
01/10/2003 at 09:10
group hug all round...

thanks Annie

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.