RUNNING A MARATHON 1 MONTH TRAINING

Want to run the Copenhagen marathon (19th may) with 26 useful days of training)

421 to 440 of 457 messages
Cheerful Dave    pirate
20/05/2013 at 09:06
The original waccyracer wrote (see)

Seren,to be fair, he has already said his real name is not Alex.

He said his real name isn't Alex Coward.  He gave enough information early on to work out who he was on the entry list (a name that wasn't on the list to start with, so he couldn't have just assumed the identity of another runner).  That runner finished in 4:36, so obviously there'll be a photo in due course, if you're interested.  Heck, he's 21, there'll be photos of him all over the web, probably.

But to be fair, you're not going to believe anything other than your claim that he's DF3, so why bother?

At the end of the day there's no way of knowing that the person typing any post on here is who they claim to be.  I could be me, or I could be my kids having a laugh, how would you know?  But if we assume the worst of every poster, on something as benign as a running forum, then the internet's worse off for it.

20/05/2013 at 09:34

the runner who finished in 4:36 is Swedish but our Mr Coward

has already said he is English .

sorry about that Cheerful.

20/05/2013 at 09:35

FUCKS SAKE, ALEX COWARD IS NOT MY NAME

ALEX IS

COWARD IS A MADE UP THING, WHAT SORT OF A SECOND NAME IS COWARD ANYWAY?!?!?

20/05/2013 at 09:39
Noel seemed to cope with it ok.
20/05/2013 at 09:41

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/772109/gallery/picture0067.jpg?width=350

..... now how would I fake that

Edited: 20/05/2013 at 09:44
20/05/2013 at 09:45

Waccy, DF3 is a lot of things, but even he isn't mad enough to invent a new character, and argue with himself using another login as on this thread!

Cheerful Dave    pirate
20/05/2013 at 09:46

the runner who finished in 4:36 is Swedish but our Mr Coward

has already said he is English .

sorry about that Cheerful.

No, the 4:36 runner is an entry from Sweden where he's studying (he said that in an early post).  The entry was also linked to an English university as well as the Swedish one. 

20/05/2013 at 09:46

Oh you are a swearmy type Mr  not Alex Coward,      I suppose that's down to the stimulants you've been drinking.

Coward is a great surname for someone who likes to hide and play games.

All the abuse I've been getting has been due to my mistake in calling your bluff

I was not aware you  were playing a game with other posters and my ignorance has set some formites against me .     

That is why i am being persistent.

Have a happy day and please try to excuse my spelling errors .

20/05/2013 at 10:00

" If you gave yourself 6 months that would be plenty"

Would it be as painful as yesterday....???

Cheerful Dave    pirate
20/05/2013 at 10:24

Maybe less painful, more exhaustion.  You'll be cream crackered after the bike almost regardless of training, so you'll start the marathon with a run/walk strategy with the simple aim of finishing by midnight.  The more bike training you do the easier the run will be, but it'll be a long slog.  The time isn't a problem, you could take 6:23 and still make it.

20/05/2013 at 10:48

Oh you are a swearmy type Mr  not Alex Coward,      I suppose that's down to the stimulants you've been drinking.

Coward is a great surname for someone who likes to hide and play games.

All the abuse I've been getting has been due to my mistake in calling your bluff

I was not aware you  were playing a game with other posters and my ignorance has set some formites against me .     

That is why i am being persistent.

Have a happy day and please try to excuse my spelling errors .

Alex was not the one playing games with you - it was me. I was teasing you to wind you up. I know full well that Alex Coward is not DF3.

Alex can't fake his race photos - just compare them with the one DF3 posted after Reading and then come back and tell us if it's the same person.

And if it isn't (which it isn't) please stop this lunacy.

Edited: 20/05/2013 at 11:35
20/05/2013 at 12:53

What is so bad about DF3? I'm confused he seems to be hated more than me...and it's fair to say I've been an arrogant twat.

Obviously I don't really know what he did in the past etc I'm just a bit confused.

20/05/2013 at 13:55
Alex Coward 2 wrote (see)

What is so bad about DF3? I'm confused he seems to be hated more than me...and it's fair to say I've been an arrogant twat.

Obviously I don't really know what he did in the past etc I'm just a bit confused.

A bit of an amateur attempt at a wind-up Alex.

And you've been doing so well!

Edited: 20/05/2013 at 13:56
20/05/2013 at 14:25

Just had a look at the marathon photos for Alex and the Reading Half picture for DF3 and while they both have dark hair, but its plain to see that they are NOT the same person

df3 looks a lot older!

Sorry Waccy but you were wrong in this case

Pudge    pirate
20/05/2013 at 14:29

Wow, he looks to be getting absolutely zero enjoyment out of that race.  In fact, it looks positively painful for him in every shot - poor guy.

20/05/2013 at 14:30

Errrrrrrrrm ............

No Comment!

20/05/2013 at 14:38

(Seeing as my OH is sitting right next to me at the moment I shouldn't comment on any men, as he is known for pouting and sulking )

Edited: 20/05/2013 at 14:59
seren nos    pirate
20/05/2013 at 16:37

waccy has gone well over the top over this....and yes it does look obsessive to me

alex is just a young lad you was an arrogant twat but took it all in good measure...

he did the race and learnt a bit more about himself and about marathons.....you can call him a lot of things ( but he has the guts to come back and admit when he was wrong )......but to continually call him fake and an imposter is just plain stupid

20/05/2013 at 16:42
Joseph Preston wrote (see)

waccy is just smoking something. i would ignore.

My goodness JP, how very grown up of you

20/05/2013 at 16:56
Just in case I get accused of lying. My real name is not (say no). I do feel sorry for anyone joining this forum and have a few questions as they will need to defend themselves first before any progress.
421 to 440 of 457 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.