Running in London

Where to run near Bloomsbury?

4 messages
22/12/2006 at 16:36
Have changed my job since last year and now spend a day or two most weeks in London. Until now I've kind of let my running slip a bit when I'm down there, but as FLM training starts in earnest after xmas I was wondering where you London types would run if you were in the vicinity of Russell Square? I usually stay in Russell Square as I work nearby, but would be after a 6-8 miler without too much buggering about with crowds and crossing roads, plus maybe somewhere to go and run some intervals of up to a mile.

Ta
22/12/2006 at 17:11
You could run west along Euston Road and after 5-10 mins cross over into Regents Park and run round the Outer Circle.

Alternatively, head south down Southampton Road and Kings way until you get to the Embankment, where you could run either way, crossing over various bridges on the river and back again.
22/12/2006 at 18:46
Check out

http://www.serpentine.org.uk/routes/

I'm too old to spend what remains of my life to spend time buggering about with RWs links but this is a good site and will give you lots of options.

Oh, and Merry Christmas, Bah, humbug.
22/12/2006 at 23:09
Thanks Boggy - good link. Will probably head on out with the serpies at some point.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.