RW: A suggestion!

4 messages
13/10/2002 at 23:13
I'm fairly confident that quite a few of the peole who use the forum (including myself) would love to see an article in RW giving an insight into the London Marathon selection process.
Is it really just luck of the draw?
How are the entries checked (i.e whats to stop people saying the've been rejected more times than they actually have?) What safeguards are in place to stop multiple entries, How does your estimated time affect your chances etc
Forgive me if this has been dealt with before, but I'm sure it would help if some of the mystery of the selection process was explained. does anyone out there feel the same way?
Iron SwissBobby    pirate
14/10/2002 at 07:04
Bill I agree with you, I have not problem with a lottery so long as the criteria being used for selection are well advertised before hand.
14/10/2002 at 09:54
I imagine that the details of the ballot
process are not discussed in order to
avoid giving people clues on how to abuse
it.

However, I do think that there is a good
argument for the ballot to be independently
scrutinised so that we can be reassured
that it is operating fairly.

natnif
cougie    pirate
14/10/2002 at 15:37
I'd like to fourth this motion !
It is all very mysterious an cloaked in secrecy. Maybe this adds to the event though ?

I'm pretty certain it's fair and that nothing underhand goes on. It's all supply and demand, and the race does need to make money.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.