RW Forum 5 - Sub 5

Dr Daffs with Kaz

1 to 20 of 577 messages
M...eldy    pirate
29/12/2013 at 12:48

I cannot tell you how much this pleases me .... Daffs, you are going to have such fun!!!

Kaz, enjoy this one 

Very special mention also to our close second Bam86 looking for the 4.45 mark

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
29/12/2013 at 13:33

Yay for our very own Daffy I shall be watching this with interest and may even start to up my training in support

29/12/2013 at 13:36

Yay for Daffs 

29/12/2013 at 13:44

Hurrah and well done!  I have eaten your Christmas present in celebration.

29/12/2013 at 13:46
Well done Daffs, good luck.
M...eldy    pirate
29/12/2013 at 13:47
Sister of Daffs wrote (see)

Lol!!    Be afraid Sister of Daffs  

29/12/2013 at 13:48

Hooray!!!!!!!

(and also eeeeek!)

Thank you SOOOooo much lovely adjudicators and organisers and everyone else for being supportive and lovely

I am SO very excited

although slightly alarmed - 'enjoy this one' sounds rather like a threat Meldy...

Kaz, how lovely to meet you I'm afraid I know absolutely nothing at all about you but I am very much looking forward to finding out

And Bam86 - pull up a chair and grab a cuppa, I very much hope you're going to be in this with me too!

Goodness me, I don't know what to say (possibly a first)

Rather appropriately, I've just come in from a 4 mile run and am all hot and sweaty so perhaps I'll shut up and have a shower instead...

29/12/2013 at 13:50
M...eldy wrote (see)
Sister of Daffs wrote (see)

Lol!!    Be afraid Sister of Daffs  

Cheeky monkey! In that case I might open and eat yours too

I'm not sure who's more scary - you or Meldy!!

M...eldy    pirate
29/12/2013 at 13:51

Kaz .. I have 'known' this one for almost 10 years now I think so if you need any inside information then you know where to come 

29/12/2013 at 14:01

Kaz - don't listen to a word she tells you!

(unless it's good, then you can listen )

29/12/2013 at 14:07

Hi Daffs, very pleased to meet you

Hopefully this will be a fun ride between now and your target marathon.  As Melds knows, I'm more than a little nervous about all of this but hopefully we'll get into the swing of things pronto

M...eldy    pirate
29/12/2013 at 14:18

I am sure this will be a very busy and happy thread ...

29/12/2013 at 14:21

Well there's a first - I went to look for your original pitch and hit on the right pages straight away. I'll have a re-read to remind myself what your experience is and where we're at.

Anyway, guess a bit about me might be a good start, especially as I rarely post on the forum nowadays so you're unlikely to spot me around and about the threads (not like the old days when I was a prolific poster!). 

I ran my first marathon in 2001 and, 12 years on, joined the 100 Marathon Club on Good Friday this year.  As well as finishing the year on 125 marathons/ultras I've lowered my marathon PB twice this year - firstly at Brighton and then at Kent Road Runner.  I ran the Brathay 10in10 for the second time this year and next year hope to become only the second lady to have run it three times.

A few years back I went through a bit of an off phase when I struggled with injury and my times suffered as a consequence.  Part of getting out of that was being picked as the Forum Sub 5 mentee with XB as my mentor so hopefully this is my chance to "pay something back".

Now I may be an experienced marathon runner but I rarely do things the conventional way and my training methods are somewhat strange and occasionally erratic.  Not sure why Melds thinks I'll make a good mentor but I'll help you as much as I can!

seren nos    pirate
29/12/2013 at 14:22

brilliant team here.looking forward to reading the thread

XB
29/12/2013 at 14:27

Oooh, Daffs, well done. Kaz is lovely, supportive and will be a fantastic mentor.

Hurrah

29/12/2013 at 14:31

Please don't be nervous, I'm not remotely scary and despite what Meldy (and my sister) might say, I generally do as I'm told!

Ah, you had the lovely XB as a mentor? How very lucky - he's ace I saw him just a few weeks ago in fact!

And you did that 10in10 thing? How very impressive! Gosh, such a lot of experience. I don't know why you're worrying at all!

Should I be concerned about your 'somewhat strange and occasionally erratic' training methods?? I confess they sound quite fun

So - what needs to happen now?? Do you want a fully formed training plan for the next 9 months on your desk in the morning? (cos you might not get it...)

29/12/2013 at 14:32

Just had a look at the calendar to see if I can do Chester too but it's the same day as Lisbon so sadly I won't be able to run with you that day.  We'll have to see if we can find another race for a get together!

I need to get on with making medals for my Bells & Whistles race but I'll be back later

29/12/2013 at 14:37

XB is indeed very lovely.  He's also my 'twinnie' so that makes him extra special

Not sure how we work this but we'll get there!  Guess an idea of what your training routine is, what kind of help you think you need and what you expect/hope from this - other than getting the sub-5 of course!!

29/12/2013 at 14:47

Well done Daffs, a lively thread already, should be fun yo follow

M...eldy    pirate
29/12/2013 at 14:49

'Now I may be an experienced marathon runner but I rarely do things the conventional way and my training methods are somewhat strange and occasionally erratic. '

Match made in heaven I would say !!

1 to 20 of 577 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.