RW Forum 6 - Just Finish!

Sparkly bridget v Len2

1,141 to 1,160 of 1,200 messages
28/05/2012 at 22:20

Fantastic report mitiog!  All that training and planning came right on the day

28/05/2012 at 22:29

Well done mitiog great report and it was bliddy hot I know because I ran the half and all I could think was thank god I wasn't doing the full one.

Fantastic P.B and easy to go sub 5 on a cooler day.

Had a fantastic weekend in Edinburgh with my friends just back and exhausted.

29/05/2012 at 07:34
Well done Flo Po - I was thinking of you and wondering how you got on.
29/05/2012 at 13:16

Mitiog, that's amazing! To run at all in that weather, incredible. Well done

xxx

29/05/2012 at 14:00

Thanks Len It was very hot!  I'm so glad I started slowly and din't get carried away.  I was chatting to someone in the hotel who has a half-marathon PB that's 25 mins quicker than mine but he went out too fast, crashed in the heat and in the end finished in a similar time to mine.  I prefered my slow and steady plan - it sounded a lot more enjoyable!  Marathons should be enjoyable...

29/05/2012 at 14:08

Ha! Should they?! I'll let you know..one day! (I got my email for my "ill/injured" place for VLM next year! Here we go again...!).

Which event are you targetting for your sub-5 then?

x

29/05/2012 at 14:16

Hmmm not sure!!!  

Open to suggestions!!!

You'll love VLM

29/05/2012 at 19:46

mitiog although I am never never ever ever doing a marathon again...If I did then I think an Autumnal one would suit better. Train in the hot when it's hard then run in the cool.

How are you feeling today? back down to earth

30/05/2012 at 07:04
Yes, back to work yesterday! Autumn marathon sounds a good idea - hadn't really thought of that time if year before. I'm just conscious that I could spend another 4 or 5 months training and then the weather could be rubbish, I could just have a bad day or get a niggle - marathons are big investments from that point of view. So I'm torn between getting that sub-5 and having a year of training for some shorter distances. I'll see how I feel in a few months.
30/05/2012 at 16:08

Did you enter the ballot...If I don't get into London and here is hoping I may think about doing Dublin next Autumn...even though I am never doing one again.

30/05/2012 at 18:51
Ooh lots of possibilities! Chester and Liverpool are quite popular with runners from my club - Chester has a 6-hour cut off so that should be manageable. Wolverhampton would be the closest geographically but they stand down their marshalls at 4:30 pace and I don't fancy doing the last bit if the race unsupported. My confidence has soared post-Edinburgh but I know I'm not even close to sub 4:30 shape.

Did an easy swim and lots of stretching after work tonight. Legs almost feel human again.
30/05/2012 at 19:59
I'm wondering about Leicester in October as that isn't too many miles away
01/06/2012 at 09:13

For me it'll depend on work - looking for a full-time job so it'll depend on if I get one and if I can get the time off for the race.  

Feeling as if I've plummeted down to earth with a big thump this morning.  Very tired.  Not got back into an eating routine yet, just eating rubbish!  Need to get back on track with healthy eating but all I'm craving is sugar.  

01/06/2012 at 23:25

you have the post marathon blues...I think after all the focus it is a bit of an anti climax even if you have achieved your goal.

Book something else up......

02/06/2012 at 20:07
Yes, I need something! Actually got sent home from work yesterday because the boss said I looked shattered! My work situation is changing again soon so I don't know about getting time off for races (only really fell races round here so need to travel quite a way for road races so need extra days off which puts the cost up ) hopefully I'll know soon how things will be changing so I can get things
n the diary.

Went for my first run today, just an easy 3 miles but my legs felt ok.
06/06/2012 at 08:28

Wooooo Hoooooo mitiog - what a fabulous race you had in what sounds like nightmare conditions - can't stand running in the heat - would much prefer it cold. Sorry I didn't manage to pop in before the race  - was on holiday in NY - well actually in Heathrow delayed, but I was thinking about you and sending go faster vibes. Hope the post mara blues are fading.

Have done Leicester half - it was a nice run - haven't done the full. Think its probably a lot smaller than Chester and Liverpool, but seemed well organised and was friendly.

Haven't properly got back into this running lark - took my kit on holiday but didn't use it. Think I need a kick up the arris

07/06/2012 at 00:06

Thanks DL Hope you had a good holiday.  I'm sure the running mojo will return.  I'm still eating rubbish.  That needs to stop else I'll regain that 4 stone I lost training for Edinburgh!

I did a local 5K tonight and got my best ever "official" time of just over 29mins.  The 28:35 I clocked a few months back was on a route we were trialling for a Parkrun so it hadn't been measured accurately but this was a "proper race" so 10 days after a marathon I was chuffed to bits to PB since I thought I'd do about 31 mins.  I was bang on 31 min pace at mile 1 but that was into a headwind so once the wind subsided I was comparatively flying.  The best bit was being paced round by Marathon Talk's Tom Williams!!!  Definitely a night to remember!  

07/06/2012 at 21:22
Well done Mitiog - that is a fantastic 5k time.

I took running kit on holiday as well DL but it didn't see the light of day either!! I did manage a couple of decent swims in the sea though.

I managed 6.5 miles on Tuesday (very slow first 3m with new runners though) and 3.5 miles in the pouring rain tonight. It was actually quite refreshing but I was desperate for a soak in a warm bath when I got home.

The PF is still a bit troublesome so I've just done 10 mins of rollering it. I'm hoping it will hold out as I'm going to have a go at the Humber Bridge Half in just over a fortnight. I'm a bit apprehensive about it though as it mentions a hill at 4m and a steep hill (nickname cardiac hill) at 9m. I can always walk it!!
13/06/2012 at 18:00

Come on guys where are you?

Did a 5k race last night and ran well not a P.B but managed 27.58 over a tough hilly course so pleased.

19/06/2012 at 09:44

Just back from my holiday Well done on the 5K, Flo Po.  

1,141 to 1,160 of 1,200 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.