RW Forum 6 - Just Finish!

Sparkly bridget v Len2

1,161 to 1,180 of 1,200 messages
27/06/2012 at 09:50

First speed session in a loooooong time last night - 6x400m with 200m jog recoveries, and it was on a proper track!  Feeling a bit sore today so having  a rest-day.  

How's everyone else doing?

27/06/2012 at 18:09

Thanks Cake

I am on night shifts this week so very tired...I am hoping to do a park run on Saturday but not sure if I am being too optimistic as finish my nights on friday morning. It usually takes a few days to adjust but going to try.

Well done on your speed session mitiog. What is next for you? I have signed up to do Palma half in October...

27/06/2012 at 21:11

Not decided yet, Flo-Po.  Am starting a new job soon so I'm going to wait and see how that settles down.  I'd quite like to work on my speed so I'm thinking of finding say an 8-week 5K plan that has some speedy bits in it and then having a crack at a Parkrun.  I'm still not totally over Edinburgh - my resting heart-rate is still a little high and while my legs seem ok I'm happy plodding on at about 20mpw.  I don't want to lose my endurance tho!  It was hard-earned!

Palma sounds a great venu for a half  

17/07/2012 at 09:52

Is anyone still here....?

17/07/2012 at 18:01

CAKE! How's married life, old fella?

17/07/2012 at 20:22

I'm still here - just watering the tumbleweed. Waiting for the second coming - and I'm not talking Superstar

18/07/2012 at 14:21

DL!!! Hello What second coming?!  Is Seb Coe due round your neck of the woods or something?

Your pic reminds me - I HAVE DOG NEWS! Whippet pup joining us in August - HOW excited am I??

Oh Cake - have you forced that poor girl onto a bike now??

18/07/2012 at 21:44

Evening all - I'm awaiting Len's 2nd coming - marathon take 2 - I may also be awaiting other second comings but I just don't know about them?

We'll have none of that dirty tri talk here please - there's plenty enough of that over in the WAISters thread.

Also Len - you can't just leave it at a whippet in August - details and photos required. Have you got your flat cap yet? And have you bought the obligatory bobble hat???

By the way I haven't run for months - if you see my mojo anywhere please send it my way - ta ever so

19/07/2012 at 09:35

Cake!!! You're forbidden from ever mentioning tri on this thread ever again .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24027835@N07/7602288638/in/photostream

Did that work DL?!

19/07/2012 at 09:38

Meh - it was supposed to be a picture, but hey, follow the link! If anyone figures out how to put the pic here, go ahead!

She is currently 5 weeks old (almost!) and utterly, utterly gorgeous. Her name is Meg!

DL - are you joining me in a return to pavement pounding then??

Marathon take 2...here goes. Starts again with a run/walk plan cos I'm so fit/fat! Aarghhh!

19/07/2012 at 13:00

Yep - I deferred my place from last year, so it's guaranteed - 2013 or bust!

19/07/2012 at 13:33

Cake - I didn't know you were a fellow Wednesdayite!

DL - hope you get your running mojo back soon. I know it is hard to get motivated to start again. My last break was nearly 3 years!

Len - Glad to hear you are starting again.

I'm glad the thread has started up again as I've entered the London Ballot and also decided to give Edinburgh a go as a few from my club have decided to enter Edinburgh, including a couple of Marathon virgins so I'm hoping that it will be easier training together.

I've done a couple of Half Marathons since London but my training mileage has really dropped off so the last mile of the Humber Bridge Half I found really tough and I had to walk, having also walked a lot of Cardiac Hill at 9m. I'm now two weeks into a Half Marathon training programme for the Robin Hood Half in September and not looking forward to speedwork tonight.

Hope you all stick with it and get back into training. I'm glad I didn't totally stop after VLM - I'm not sure I would have started again!

20/07/2012 at 21:49
Cake - I'm a season ticket holder on the Kop and try to get to most of the away games as well.
I find it difficult fitting in training in the football season. I can usually manage long runs on a Saturday when Wednesday are at home but have to move them to Sunday when they are away and I sometimes have to move my mid week runs about. I was lucky when I was training for VLM that friends at the running club would often change their running days to keep me company so I only had to do a few on my own.
I hope you manage to convert Sarah to a Wednesdayite!

Thanks for the info on Manchester marathon. I've entered Edinburgh now - but I'll bear it in mind for the future (if I still want to do one after Edinburgh next year)
23/07/2012 at 14:07

Cake honey, who are you talking to...?

23/07/2012 at 14:34

Welcome back Len!! It's lovely to hear from you again!

23/07/2012 at 20:15

ummm. Not that I know of lol! Actually nothing is formatting right on my tablet at the moment... Ignore me! (not literally....)

Hi Emmy  

anyone doing much in this hot weather?? X

24/07/2012 at 08:57

Hi Cake - I'm in the Dearne Valley between Doncaster and Rotherham.

Good to hear from you again Emmy and Len

I'm not looking forward to my run tonight. I was planning on doing 6 miles but I struggled on my 7 mile run on Saturday because of the heat and it wasn't even that warm!

24/07/2012 at 09:33

Hi all!

I went out for a 5 miler yesterday and 10 miles this morning before it got too warm and it was "ok". I was lucky that i brought some money with me to get some water as i would have struggled!

How is everyone doing?

24/07/2012 at 15:16

I went for a run/plod at 6am this morning to avoid the heat. It's sooooo toasty at work today - almost 30 degrees. Blurghh. 

24/07/2012 at 22:17
10 miles is good Emmy!

I managed 6.35 miles tonight but it felt hot and was a struggle!! I was around 30s a mile slower than my recent runs. I do feel better for making myself run though!!
1,161 to 1,180 of 1,200 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.