RW Forum 6 - Just Finish!

Sparkly bridget v Len2

101 to 120 of 1,200 messages
23/01/2012 at 08:30
Morning

Sounds like some splendiferous running is going on.

Don't know which schedule I'm following as I seem to have cobbled together lots of bits from lots of plans. I was due for 12 on Sunday and despite the wind attempting to blow me back for half of it I did manage to get round. The last 2 miles were hilarious. I have one of those lightweight running jackets that sounded like a kite and almost turned me into one too. Gave me a lovely centre parting and watery eyes. But it's done - rest day today - hoorah.

Running in Paris - -how very chic
23/01/2012 at 08:34

Morning!

I will hopefully get the following Monday off work in lieu, so I can do my long run then. Do I just skip a tuesday shorter run and get straight back to my schedule on the wednesday? I could do the shorter 3m on the Sunday, the long run on Monday and back to the medium ron on the Wednesday as planned? Did that make sense to anyone but me?

I have another trip at the start of March too! Oh and my family apparently require my presence at a birthday pary over 100 miles away on Sunday 12th Feb, when I'm meant to be running 12 miles that day

Marathons should be like jury duty - you should get time off work!

23/01/2012 at 17:46
As you'll have had several days off I thnik you could get away with doing your 2 days in a row like that.  Just make sure you do the 3 miles nice and slowly but if you don't get back from Paris till Sunday afternoon I'd be inclined to dump the 3 miles and focus on the long run.  It is those miles that are most important.
23/01/2012 at 21:39
I'm yet to find out when any of my flights are! Helpful.... Not even a clue as to which airport they're booking it from. The joys of business travel. Still, the hotel has a gym and a couple of local running routes too, so I could always take my stuff with me!

So the weather forecast says possible snow tomorrow morning too! Who put the london marathon in April?? Someone with a sick sense of humour, that's who.

DL your jacket in the wind made me laugh! On sunday when the wind went mental I either travelled further than I intended, or went backwards!
24/01/2012 at 10:51

Sorry DL - but laughing at the centre parting & watery eyes!

Len - that sounds hard trying to work your schedule around flights that you don't know when they are! You're doing brilliantly fitting everything in - keep it up!

24/01/2012 at 13:48

Thanks B&T!

We *still* dont know any of the travel arrangements! Pffft.

I was going to run this morning but woke up feeling lousy, so I'll do it this evening. 3 miles planned!

I'm having my hair cut off tomorrow too (I wonder if it will helpp me be more streamlined?!). I used to have it VERY short, cropped to within an inch if its life. I also used to have it VERY long, all the way down my back. I have been growing it again, it's got to just below my chin, and it's driving me nuts. I'm bored of drying it. So it's coming off again!

24/01/2012 at 18:37

Mine was getting towards halfway down my back but I finally got it cut just before Christmas.  Just past my shoulders at the moment but if I leave it a year between cuts again who knows where it will get too!

Sensible to leave it until tonight if you felt lousy Len.  If you still feel naff now then have an extra rest, best in the long run. 

I learnt the hard way about resting when I found myself having to pull over for 40 winks on the way home from work last  year.  Had a quiet couple of months leading up to Christmas and felt much better so I'm now being more sensible.  Today is a case in point - I could have drunk a mug of coffee and gone to intervals with the club but I'm having a mug of Earl Grey and  a lie down instead.

24/01/2012 at 19:28
Go faster haircuts are a must!

Feeling very virtuous (makes a change) managed my 3 miles this morning in the dark and the rain. I especially enjoyed the moment where I didn't notice the very large puddle. 1.5 run 1.5 squelched.

I am all for taking it easy when my body tells me to. It's just the voices in my head I need to be careful of. They made me miss a 6 miler last week as it looked a bit too chilly out!
24/01/2012 at 21:00

Nice to see DL still entertaining the ranks as Forum 6 jester.  Eat your hearts out Asics - we've got DL!

24/01/2012 at 22:03
I have flight details! Woop woop! Coming back saturday night, so even if I miss my 3 miles on Friday, I'm good to go for my long run on Sunday. Must remember to drink lots of water though, flying dehydrates doesn't it ?

oooh Bridget, an earl grey and a lie down sounds like my perfect evening these days!! That's more or less what I have done tonight, with the addition of Holby City. But I did do my 3 miles first, in a power cut too! How spooky is the world when its properly dark? Glad I had the dog with me, and I was concentrating so hard at not tripping up any kerbs or anything that it flew by!

DL, ignore the voices in your head, I don't think they're on your side . Listen to us instead. Because "the strangers on the internet made me do it" sounds so much better lol!

Errrr... Thanks for the offer Cake I think I might pass, this time. My dog needs a haircut though, you're welcome to have a go with the clippers! She doesn't mind looking stupid, I've made a total mess of her hairdo more than once!

24/01/2012 at 22:17
Len 2 wrote (see)
 DL, ignore the voices in your head, I don't think they're on your side . Listen to us instead. Because "the strangers on the internet made me do it" sounds so much better lol! Errrr... 

Tee hee

Well done on the 3 miles.  Strange about the power cut as last night I rounded a dark corner and found myself wondering 'what if there was a power cut'.

Good that you'll be back Saturday from the point of view of a whole day with the family if nothing else

25/01/2012 at 08:32

Morning all

B*gger of a sore throat all night, but it seems to go as the day goes on. Again I'll have to see how I feel later and do what I can. 

More importantly, it's HAIRCUT DAY!

Bridget, the power cut last night was very spooky! I got scared to death by a small yappy-type dog which went mental as I ran past a garden. Jeeez those things should be shot! Phew. And part of my run takes me down a very narrow alley, with high hedges each side - that got the adrenaline going!! I did think that having a black dog isnt much of a deterrent when it's dark though. And high-viz dog coats don't work if there's no actual light to reflect. I might get her a flashy light to wear! She'll love that... .

25/01/2012 at 17:17
I had a dog barking at me on Monday night but his owner dealt with it well.  Turned out the dog was expecting to see his 'mum' who was out running with the local club
25/01/2012 at 20:45
oh I feel pooooorly I have a sore throat and headace. Urgh. I'm going to paris tomorrow, back saturday night, and I'm hoping that I can shake this off and get some rest. Blurghh. Xx
25/01/2012 at 22:13

Oh no!  Plenty of vitamin C, some painkillers and rest if possible for you.

I ripped a hole in the knee of my leggings tonight and a bit of a hole in my knee too but it would have been worse had I not worn the long ones.

26/01/2012 at 09:09
Oh nooo - what did you do B?? Are you ok? Plenty of painkillers and rest for you too!

I feel quite lousy thing morning, but it appears to be more snot-related today. Less of a sore throat, more nose blowing (sorry...tmi?!). It can just b*gger off, I have stuff to do!! Will be stocking up on vitamins in the Boots in the airport.

In better news, my haircut is AWESOME!! I love my hairdresser, she's the best. It took me about 2 mins to dry this morning. Bliss. Utter bliss! I'm never ever having long hair again.

Sniffle....
x
27/01/2012 at 06:42
I've had short hair occasionally but it always ends up long again. Being straighter than a straight thing doesn't help.

I caught my toe on a lip in the footpath and went full length. Bit stiff but was going to run last night until I got warning signs for a migraine just before leaving work.

How is the throat? And how is gay Paree?
27/01/2012 at 10:37
Morning all

Hope the lurgy passes quickly Len - a good dose of French garlic should help - obviously infused in a slap up dinner and washed down with some wine

Ouchy ow Bridget - sounds painful. How is it falling as an adult is 100 times more painful than when you did it as a kid?

Was saying on WAISters (over in beginners) it's not so much the voices in my head these days - I'm following instructions from the fridge. Have my 'plan' (for plan read pure fantasy) stuck on the door. Have struggled this week to follow instructions, but managed 6 today. The running bit was as nasty as ever but it was nice to see the sun rise on a crisp and frosty morning. Small domestic appliances - be careful - there's a tinge of evil about them
27/01/2012 at 18:25
I have a beer can opener on the door of my fridge.  What does that say about me?
27/01/2012 at 22:54
ohhh help. Help, help, help. Seriously, help.

I've been dragged around paris for 8 hours in the wrong shoes (my fault, I should have thought to pack something comfy!) and I have blisters. Everywhere. Where my big toes used to join my feet? Blisters. Big fat painful ones. Little toes? Blisters. I could cry. I nearly did. And I have tomorrow to get through, and no different shoes. How am I going to RUN?? Sob. I'm so stupid. Heeeelp!

(and apart from that, how's your knee B?). X
101 to 120 of 1,200 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.