RW Forum 6 - Just Finish!

Sparkly bridget v Len2

1,181 to 1,200 of 1,200 messages
25/07/2012 at 07:32
Hi LMB. I try to only run early in the morning before the heat gets too much - I'm the same and am normally 30 seconds slower per mile in the heat.

How did you get on with your plod, Len?
25/07/2012 at 12:22

Hi

I did okay - still run/walking and really being a bit vague about that - I'm starting on a proper "plan" to get me going again when I come back off holiday in August. Until then I'll just keep doing whatever I feel like I think!

Warm again innit?!

27/09/2012 at 21:27
How is everyone?

Did anyone who entered London get in?

After running last year I was rejected this year again but I'm not too upset as I had already entered Edinburgh and I'm running that with a friend from my club. My nightmare scenario would have been me getting into London and her not (or vice versa) and then having to decide whether to run both or abandon the other one to run Edinburgh alone. I'm sure I would have tried to run both and got injured or really slowed her down for Edinburgh.

At least I'll have someone to train with this year. Anyone else doing Edinburgh?
28/09/2012 at 06:40

Hi LMB, I was also rejected but already have Paris on the horizon so i'm not too upset.

Len - did you defer so that you're running london in 2013?

28/09/2012 at 08:38

Yes I deferred, so I got my magazine yesterday! Eeek!

If I'm honest I've had a really rubbish summer. We have had whooping cough (yeah, really, we are BBC News statistics!!), and I'm SO out of shape and fat . But for the past couple of weeks I have been run/walking (starting all over again, right from the start) and I've lost 10lbs. I hope to spend between now and the end of the year getting my fitness back and losing some lard. I'm swimming regularly, I've cut out all junk food, and I'm on it. 

I'm hoping everyone will still be around when I need some moral support again! xx

28/09/2012 at 12:48

Ha ha ha ha!! Brilliant - I need the distraction 

28/09/2012 at 15:04

On standby with moral support

Got my magazine telling me that I will not be required next year. I'm rather relieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Len and Cake~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those are brand new VLM 2013 vibes - use them carefully

01/10/2012 at 08:22

Thanks DL! I'm going to need them - I've come down with a pre-marathon cold already 

Edited: 01/10/2012 at 08:22
01/10/2012 at 20:26

I'm number 6016

Sorry I have been AWOL but life has been getting in the way quite a lot.  Will try to behave better now.

02/10/2012 at 09:04

USBeeeeeeeee!! Hello I have alos been AWOL, life has been fairly crap since my father in law died to be honest, I'm hoping to trun a new page and get bac to where I was asap. When I've lost 3 stone...anyway....

I went for a run/walk this morning regardless, the cold seems to be a head thing and not in my chest, so it wasnt too bad. I'm following a really simple programme for a bit to get me back into it, I'm still doing run 1 minute, walk 2! It was depressingly hard work the first week but it seems to be coming back okay, wasn't too bad this morning even with the cold. I've got til Christmas to get myself ready to start training in the New Year again! Eeep!

I forgot my number but it's not a catchy short one this year, it's about 6 digits long!

02/10/2012 at 09:18

Incidentally I have just completely surprised myself by having a panic about a hotel for the Saturday night, did a quick check online to see if the one I booked last year is available (no! It's all booked up already! aargh!) and then having a vague  flash of a memory of doing something...and lo! There is a booking confirmation email in my Inbox - I booked it when I deferred in April! Who knew!!  

04/10/2012 at 14:08

Hello All We reunite again!

I didn't apply for the ballot this time - tbh I was at "that" stage in marathon training when the ballot opened that I couldn't face going through it all again in 2013!  I loved Edinburgh though, and I'd thoroughly recommend it for anyone who didn't get in to London.  

At the moment I'm working on the shorter stuff.  I got a 5K PB of 27:40 last week, that's a 90-second improvement on my last 5K.  I'm trying to get my head round "proper" speedwork whcih is interesting as I've only got two paces - slow and very slow!!  My goal for the rest of the year is to run 1041 miles in total - that's all the way round Wales (coastal path and Offa's Dyke) so that's keeping me out of mischief.   

Will try and pop by and encourage Cake and Len  

05/10/2012 at 15:21

This is where I confess to not having run for 12 days   I did the JW Ultra on 22nd Sept and then on the 23rd we had one of 'those' phone calls about MiL who was already in hospital after a fall but had had a 'funny term' and the doctors were with her (euphenism for the resus team).  Although she has now settled down and they are aiming to send her home next week ( again) I have been dead kanckered plus had some leaflets to deliver which got in the way of running too but provides some extra cash.  Anyway I have tasked myself with getting my shoes on this weekend and doing some miles at least towards my 100 mile a month target.

08/10/2012 at 08:48

You have to laugh, I need to have a wisdom tooth removed so please hope for a speedy referral, a very quick and painless procedure, and a swift recovery with no nasty holes in my mouth which might be a bit hurty!!
I must be due a run of good luck, at some point, right?!

08/10/2012 at 16:56

(((((((wisdom teeth and poorly rellies)))))

That's quite a goal Mitiog - so no marathon entries for you this year?

Hey Bridget - I was at the JW ultra - I was running (slowly) in a relay team. What a shame I didn't know you were there. In real life I don't always wear the red bobble hat so I'm not always recognised.

I also ran a 10k with a friend and we came last. I really rather enjoyed myself. Running can be OK when you're not trying to prove anything! 

Happy training one and all

08/10/2012 at 22:47
Hi Guys

Glad to hear that you recommend Edinburgh Mitiog - I just hope it is bit cooler this year.
I've had a good fortnight running wise (a PB of 2.20.33 in a half marathon last week and a PB of 1.01.30 in a 10K this week) which has really improved my confidence and I'm starting to feel a bit more like a proper runner again because my mileage has really dropped off since May / June time.

I now really believe I can do a sub 1 hour 10K and I'm starting to think I may even manage a sub 5 hour marathon and a half nearer to 2.15 than 2.20. Mind you - I may not think that in a couple of weeks when I'm struggling again!!

Well done on your PB Mitiog. How many miles do you need to reach your target? I've now got to 797 miles and so I'm trying to get to 1000 for the year (I've worked out I need around 17 miles a week for the rest of the year).

Sorry to hear that your MIL is ill again USB. I'm really impressed with your monthly target and your ultras.

Len - your tooth will be fine. I've had a wisdom tooth out with no trouble (though the gap does annoy your tongue for several days) and I also had an implant on one of my front teeth which needed a bone graft and took nearly an hour - but even that wasn't as bad as you would think!!

Did you get extra applause for being last DL? I've never been dead last but I've been fairly close
11/10/2012 at 18:05

DL - which leg did you do?  If you were around at the start and saw someone in a blue JW Ultra vest that was me

Got myself into gear this week and have done a total of 19 miles spread over 3 runs

12/10/2012 at 17:24

I'm on 897 as of yesterday's soggy run.  My best excuse for not running today is that my kit is still drying out from last night!  It was torential rain.  So I have 150 miles to go....I think 1047 miles works out at 20 miles a week but after all that marathon training when my average was more like 25 mpw I've got a few weeks in hand.  I just needed something else to motivate me.  

13/02/2013 at 14:55

Hello?

Just wondered if this thread was still going and how marathon preparation is going Len?

I'm not doing any marathons this year- or any running for that matter- I'm preggers and due to have babybeck2 on 30th April  Quite a contrast from where I was this time last year- the manchester marathon was on 29th April!

Don't enjoy running while pregnant- once the sickness and lethergy wears off I'm feeling too big and it just feels wrong. Missing it though, so looking forward to hopefully getting back to things slowly come the summer. Boo to starting from scratch again though- ugh!

Did you meet your target mitiog? Are you on for London this year Len? How is everyone else?

Bx

15/02/2013 at 13:22

Congratulations on your pregnancy Beck

I'm still running - doing Edinburgh Marathon in May and now in week 3 of my training programme - due for a 13 miler tomorrow!

I'd be interested to know how Len is getting on and everyone else for that matter.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,181 to 1,200 of 1,200 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.