RW Forum 6 - Sub 5

Flat footed v Vik W

181 to 200 of 537 messages
09/02/2012 at 12:39
Love it Spence! Not if you add in the weekend marathon training camp I now want to go on next weekend!!
Averaging 4m/day so far this year- if I could keep that up =1500 in the year, that's 3 pairs of trainers as well!
09/02/2012 at 14:35

Foxy- do you think you'll mange to get to go on that camp?

Woke up after a naff nights sleeps and really didn't feel like doing my 19 miles.... luckily I have sunday off so shall do it then....

it was a good job I decided to do my 6 marathon pace run instead becaus ethe legs felt heavy, tired and generally rubbish!  I hid the pace on my garmin and tried to run to how I felt

10.13/09.54/09.43/10.27/10.20/11.00 

now as it all felt like such hard work I am surprised at those split but it really was awlful- but it's done and dusted so I won't dwell on it!!

what's everyone else been up to......

09/02/2012 at 17:21

Looking like it.  It looks great.  Slight issue is that the cubs are away for most of the week skiing and then coming back and then I'll go away so they won't see much of me this half term.

Have just broken the news about the Mara to Mr FL!! (Having been discussing it here and with others for 3 days now....)

He's taking it as well as can be expected possibly seeing the benefit of only 9 weeks build up instead of 16!

I'm selling a "family weekend" in Brighton.  Cub 2 very excited, cub 1 "but you always said you would never run a marathon".....

And, yikes, how do I work out my marathon pace?...

Edited: 09/02/2012 at 17:22
09/02/2012 at 17:49
whoop whoop Foxy's doing a marathon....

my advice would be and I'm no expert in the slightest would be just to run it and enjoy the day whatever time you'll do will be a pb and you can't beat that feeling crossing that finishline for the first time, I had a time in mind for my first one and at about mile 18 I thought I was never going to make it and got a bit down! by mile 20 I had decided just to enjoy getting to the end, do high fived all the kids.,interacted with the crowd and loved it!

this year however I am deadly serious about it!
09/02/2012 at 21:15

I feel like i've been neglecting you Vik...but work is still silly busy.

Good work on moving your long run , this is often the time when people are getting a bit run-weary...You have been amazing up until now.

Interesting your MP done by feel. I try this every now and again as type of fizz test. I've never had such varied splits though.

The long run then...how about 12 steady and then 7 at MP +15 sound.

This will be a great test of your nutrition and drink stratergy. I your splits are consistnat for the last 7 then we know its bang on, if your suffering though....

FL post some run times and lets see if we can work out your MP.

09/02/2012 at 21:21

It's bliddy snowing again....NNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!! i want to get out on my bike.

Foxy Lady wrote (see)

I've run 156m so far this year, so about 30m/week plus a bit of mild x-t, but nothing longer than 10m. I'll wait to here what FF has to say.

FL - You have a good base and with a controlled race you can easily get under 4.30. What's your longest run to date?

With a proper taper, we have maybe 8 weeks running and we don't want to push to much to get injured.

09/02/2012 at 21:44
FF don't be silly we've all got stuff going on!

to be honest guys I wasn't really concentrating this morning, had a shite day at work yesterday they're in the process of changing our contracts which means we might have to reapply for our jobs so things are a bit tense to say the least!

soI cranked up the music and tried to keep putting one foot infront of the other- I thought it was better to go out than and do something rather than miss a run......

ooooh that long run plan sounds like fun Im loving the fact I have something specific to do on them rather than just go out and plod....

Foxy's a brilliant runner with lots if dedication- how many miles did you surpass your Target by last year Foxy?

09/02/2012 at 22:22
I aimed for 1000 last year and did 1108m in the end. My HM PB is 1:54 last September at Maidenhead- fast and flat.

Longest run ever was 16m a couple of years back, longest run lately was probably Henley HM at the end of October (sub 2-just, despite a fall and the evil hill). Recently nowt longer than 10, but a high weekly mileage over 5 runs most weeks.

I've been having a play with my HM plan and RP's 3 runs/week mara plan and by amalgamating 2 runs, my mileage stays about the same over 4 runs instead of 5, but nothing longer than 20m.....

Kind of feel, making the decision this late in the day exempts me from going mad about time but I will probably try to anyway!! was thinking about 4.30. And yes bliddy snowing again here too....

Sorry to hijack your thread VikW!!!
09/02/2012 at 22:29

More than welcome Foxy- hijack away!!

bloody snow my early shift is NOT going to be fun tomorrow..... if I'm not back tomorrow evening you know I've been run over by a suitcase....

09/02/2012 at 22:44
Oh and I get REALLY bored at about 11m, hence never wanting to do this.... Iplod time I guess.
10/02/2012 at 21:02

It's happens to alot of runners i reckon FL...can you run with anyone even if its part of the way..few years back on my long runs I had friends join me for 6 mile sections and before you know it 18 miles had passed.

I've just entered Beachy Head marathon on October if anyone fancies doing a real marathon...none of this flat road rubbish

10/02/2012 at 21:04
Binned the parkrun idea and now going to do 18 sunday....not quite running to plan but my work/life seems to be going that way at the moment
10/02/2012 at 21:11
Running partner is training for Brighton so doing a lot of running with him anyway so mostly sorted thanks FF.
10/02/2012 at 21:14

Righto...your plan for dropping one run and extending an other sounds good...just don't dive into the big distances..maybe plan for two 18 milers in the time we have left.

10/02/2012 at 21:17
OK, sounds doable. All hinges on how I find my run on Sunday, resting tomorrow and cut today down from 8 to 4m.
11/02/2012 at 09:26

Morning all!!

What you running on Sunday FL- how long?

I feel a bit bad that some of the others have relocated to the just finish thread as they think I'm too speedy  I did put on my pitch for the forum six that I was eventually hoping for 4.30ish

Rest day for me today- off to work for a late late shift tonight then 19 tomorrow!

Oh and sports massage on monday afternoon- that'll be fun

11/02/2012 at 09:51
The race is a 10 or 20m and I am entered in the 10m but running partner is doing the 20. I am going to just go with the flow really, run the 10 how I feel and if alive will carry on. It's 2 loops. If I am tiring before 15m, I will turn back to the start, otherwise I'll carry on.

Really no idea at all. I did cut back yesterday's run accordingly from 8 to 4m easy but snow running is different and my calves are tight today. Not doing today's steady 4m obviously.
I'm just heading up the gym for 10mins rower, 10 mins elliptical and some arms and core as I am feeling quite seized up today.
My calves need a good deep massage. I'll do them later.
Rest of the day is domestic cross training with my hoover and mop!
Such a lovely day, would love to be running outside now, but too cold for my asthmatic lungs!
11/02/2012 at 15:14
VikW wrote (see)

I feel a bit bad that some of the others have relocated to the just finish thread as they think I'm too speedy  I did put on my pitch for the forum six that I was eventually hoping for 4.30ish

I'm still here  and there!!

You go girl, if you can get 4:30 that's blinkin ace  I shall be happy with anything that starts with a 4 ....even 4:59:59 .....but of course I have a slightly better time in mind

but nothing like 4:30

oops edited to say I have LSR'd 13 miles in 2:20 which is 5 minutes quicker thatn my first half mara in 08 that I "ran" and today I ran/walked, hw mad is that!!

I wore 3 pairs of gloves and my hands were toasty warm for the first time

Edited: 11/02/2012 at 15:16
11/02/2012 at 15:41

I keep popping my head round the door too - but I can't keep up with my blog, FB, and the other threads I post on regularly - oh, and work , hence my sparse attendance in here. A finish with a 5 at the front would do me fine. Finish is the important word for me. 5:01 might annoy the hell out of me though

I know I couldn;t run the paces you're turning out, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be running them. As long as the paces you've been running are not too fast for how you're feeling, then I'm sure you'll be fine and be 4 something with ease.

I'm hoping that tomorrow's race is on, otherwise it's 20 miles to find - and for once I'm excited rather than nervous about a race.

11/02/2012 at 15:51

what's the race Helen?

So you're doing 2 x 20 mile races 

181 to 200 of 537 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.