RW Forum 6 - Sub 5

Flat footed v Vik W

21 to 40 of 537 messages
17/01/2012 at 10:44
17/01/2012 at 12:33

Afternoon KK!!

Just been out for my intervals

4 x 800m and the splits were 7.58/7.57/7.59/8.02- so very happy with those

Im on the late late shift at work today so will be on the internet on my phone- it doesn't seem to get along with the RW forum but I will try and look in this evening on my supper break!!

what's everyone else been doing running wise today?

17/01/2012 at 12:39

Afternoon Vik - looking forward to reading your progress.

Running wise nothing for me today, infact I've lost my running mojo and so far only been out once this year.  Just moved house so spending my time making that all nice.  Hopefully when it warms up I will have more time and will be back out pounding the streets.

17/01/2012 at 16:24

Evening, nice to see theres going to be a few of us along for the ride.

V - there some good splits for the 800 what was your rest period in between the sets.

just over 8 miles in two commute runs today and hour turbo planned for tonight.

17/01/2012 at 18:00
it was 200m recoveries!

wish I could run to work, but BA don't even give us shower facilities and I don't think my colleagues would appreciate me next to me after I've run to work!

6 easy miles for me tomorrow morning!
Edited: 17/01/2012 at 18:01
17/01/2012 at 20:43

Yeah fairly lucky with the showers at work.

Have you any pre Brighton race plans

18/01/2012 at 00:30

Im doing Brighton Half in feb- I've got my HM pb there and love the course, even if the organisation leaves a lot to be desired and Kingston Breakfast Run on April 1st, its my local race and a good way to start the taper as it'll be my long run and a friend is coming down to run it too!!!

The schedule says that I should aim for a sub 2.00 hrs half and I'm going to get as close as I can to it even if it makes me

Right off to bed for me... night all

18/01/2012 at 05:50

Mornin'

Good that you have a couple of races booked.

Talking of recording your distances/splits, i stick mine on Fetcheveryone...where are yours Vik, Garminconnect or do you use another site,

Anyone else running Brighton out there?

18/01/2012 at 06:45

*pops head round the door*

yes, me for Brighton Marathon. Probably somewhat behind Vik. Aiming for a finish, I'm just lurking here. McMillan has sub 5 as possible from my half PB, but I'm not making it a solid target, more an in my dreams scenario.

*vanishes quickly again*

18/01/2012 at 12:27

ahhhh Helen- don't disappear you're training going fab from what I've seen on facebook!

you'll love Brighton its such a friendly race!!

I use dailymile to record runs online then sportstrack on the computer!

Just back from a drizzly 6 miles, avg pace 10.48 my tight calf was tight again so took it nice and slow- time to get out the foam roller again me thinks!!

Rest day for me tomorrow and a 17 hour shift at work.... oh the joy!!

18/01/2012 at 17:31

Now no disapearing Helen..

Vik do you see anyone about your calf? I love my foam roller and tennis ball..but sometimes i have to admit defeat and defer to the sports physio for a rub down...usually once a month during one of my cut back weeks.

Had a rotten day at work where i was the original shite magnet for trouble. no running today so will turbo later.

17 hour day is that normal?? I thought i got some rough shifts.

Was your pace today comfortable even though you had a tight calf?..Do you run at that pace for your longer 10 mile+ runs?

18/01/2012 at 18:39
We can swap shifts to get extra days off so tomorrow is a double to get another day off so although it sounds hideous it is for a good reason!

I'm going to try and book to see the physio on Monday after my earlier shift to have a look at it!

on that note I'm guessing I shouldn't go out and blast the 5 miler at the weekend to get a sub 44 as on the schedule......what do you think I should do instead?

yep most of my 10+ runs recently have been about 10.35-10.50 which really makes me as last year everything on my garmin began with 11!!!!
18/01/2012 at 19:55

If it's still sore in the morning then no, i wouldn't run that hard, do you have the option of swimming?...

I know everyone is different in dealing with niggles, I'm lucky, if running has caused the problem i move to cycling or swimming for the next few sessions. If it is a case that the weekend off running and the physio on monday save you from a long term injury then do it.

Many runners do run with slight strains but it looks to me like your ahead of your schedule at this point and a few days to heal means you'll be better.

My long run this week will be back from work, 18 miles after an early turn, going to try to run it steady.

If your still running sub 11 when your up to 18 milers then i reckon you can be

18/01/2012 at 20:02

Fridays Tempo 2 is that really just 2 miles?

How's your nutrition going during your LSR's...are your eating and drinking?

18/01/2012 at 20:29
tempo 2 is 1 mile warm up and cool down with 2fast miles in the middle, I've been doing them at about 8.53 average pace!

I take a gel every 5 miles on anything over 13 in training and I'm back on powerade now on my LSR as that's what's at Brighton!
18/01/2012 at 20:51
VikW wrote (see)
tempo 2 is 1 mile warm up and cool down with 2fast miles in the middle, I've been doing them at about 8.53 average pace! I

*thud*

*closes door quietly behind her*

18/01/2012 at 20:54

Ok..seems an odd session to me.

In my training i take a gel every 45 mins rather then distance...as you slow your making the time between that energy boost longer. Which ones do you use?

I use the Powerbars gels..reason for that is they contain both fructose and glucose as opposed to Lucozade that has just one. they also have a good level of electrolytes to replace what you sweat out.

How much you drinking when you run?

This is one area i am poor at, i really have to force to myself to drink...i try to stick to water...i did once mange to pour a cup of lucozade over my head thinking it was water...mnade the last few miles interesting.

Was it the heat that hit you last year or setting off to fast?

18/01/2012 at 20:56
that's only for 2 miles Spence.... doubt I could keep that up for many more!

and I'm not even sure if that's the right pace so I might be doing it all wrong......
we'll wait and see what FF thinks!

what marathon are you doing Spence again?
18/01/2012 at 20:57

Why do people keep sneaking in then running out!!!

We that scary?

18/01/2012 at 20:59

A tempo is a "comfortable hard run"....i don't see how two miles test this...have you done a 5K before

21 to 40 of 537 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.