RW Forum 6 - Sub 5

Flat footed v Vik W

41 to 60 of 540 messages
18/01/2012 at 20:56
that's only for 2 miles Spence.... doubt I could keep that up for many more!

and I'm not even sure if that's the right pace so I might be doing it all wrong......
we'll wait and see what FF thinks!

what marathon are you doing Spence again?
18/01/2012 at 20:57

Why do people keep sneaking in then running out!!!

We that scary?

18/01/2012 at 20:59

A tempo is a "comfortable hard run"....i don't see how two miles test this...have you done a 5K before

18/01/2012 at 21:02
Vik, I'm doing Chester in Oct......I did Windermere in 5:02 last year, so I'm hoping to get in under 5 as Chester is a pancake in comparison!!
18/01/2012 at 21:36
Spence windemere , I've had a friend who's done that and it sounds brutual I'm sure you'll ace it on a flatter course!

what plan you following Spence?

think my 5k pb is just over 30mins 30.16 or something, I'll check in running diary when I get home!
18/01/2012 at 21:38
Flat Foo.ted wrote (see)

Why do people keep sneaking in then running out!!!

We that scary?

Oh, hell yes
19/01/2012 at 06:12
VikW wrote (see)
 think my 5k pb is just over 30mins 30.16 or something, I'll check in running diary when I get home!

Mornin'

If your 5 k best is over 30 mins then you are running the tempo 2  fast at 8.45ish.

Spence that if you got a 5.02 at Winder then you will love Chester.

Saffy -fur cough

19/01/2012 at 07:24

It was brutal !!

but I had forum buddies to get me round  and I was chasing Meldy's time of the previous year, when she left me !!     Ask her if I beat her !!??   

I'm beginning to think I don't put enough effort in !!  my 5k pb is 28:20 but I can't get anyway near an 8 during a mile !!

FF, I did Chester last year with a  friend who was doing her first mara & to suss it out, lovely course nice and flat, we came in at 5:15 but I know I can do faster

I'm following the RW sub 5 plan.......well I will be.......although I am following it at the moment for Ashby

19/01/2012 at 07:31
Hello guys!  Can I join in?  I'm aiming for sub 5 hours at Stratford, which I know I am capable of in theory, but due to injuries and illness I haven't been running the miles that I used to so am starting from a lower level of base fitness.  It will be interesting to hear what people have to say.
19/01/2012 at 08:23

I'm struggling to see how my pace - long runs are all 12:xx and the paces Vik is reporting are going to head to the same target. I do 3 mile tempos with a target of 10:00 to 10:15. Only time I've seen a time start 8 is when being yelled at during sprints with the club

Is someone underselling themself, perhaps, and is going to comfortably be sub 5, rather than sneaking under?  Or am I in the wrong place? I'm following Shades' plan with 4 runs a week, and I will stick with the paces and runs in that rather than get at all confused by someone else.

19/01/2012 at 12:19

Afternoon all

just rushing in as Im out with the passengers tis morining so no internet but back in the office on my later shift!!

Welcome supercaz- when is Stratford?

Helen- don't worry I think I might be running everything too fast.......  so stick around!!

FF- sorry had to laugh at the cup of lucozade over the head bet it wasn't pleasant......

Do you think I should do something else tomorrow instead of the tempo run? 

Also I think it's clear maybe i'm running my runs too fast?  What paces do you think I should be running my sessions at?

Happy Thursday all!!!

19/01/2012 at 12:23
oh and checkedn and my 5k is 28.57 can't belive I forgot it as its written in big red letters in my training diary..... I think I some how might have been excited about it at the time due to all the stars drawn around it, heaven know's how I forgot!!
20/01/2012 at 14:12

Afternoon!!

Just back from my tempo run and I eased up on the pace for the middle to and did 9.40 and 9.22, for the tempo bit! It felt much more comfortable and like I'd actualy been for a good run rather than shattered at running full out struggling for 2 miles!!

Realised I missed your question before FF- yes I drink on my LSRs I have one of those handheld water bittles and sip as an when and in races I normally take water at every station and carry a bottle of the sports drink round with me (if its the small sized ones!)

20/01/2012 at 14:33
Whoop Whoop Vikki, nice to read a bit more info re your runs than just on dailymile/FB and sounds like it's going fantastic. Glad your calves are easing out! *waves* great marathon times Spence! ) Can I hang around here if nobody minds to pick up some tips as I've got my first trail marathon in June and the summer weather isn't my first choice of running conditions either!
20/01/2012 at 18:20

Evening, sorry been rather busy at work, good times on the run today, i starting to think that Helen may be right and your setting your goal a bit low here Vik....I'd need to look at some of your longer run pace but i reckon 4.45 is acheivable with the times i've seen so far.

Fairy Elephant join the party your more then welcome.

Whats everyone planned the W/E?

I'm running 18 tomorrow then will try for a three hour bike sunday...really need to swim as well but hey.

20/01/2012 at 18:22

Yet again Vik it sounds like you know what your doing with the drinking.

Have you ever put anything like Nuuns tablets or High5 Zero in your bottle?

20/01/2012 at 19:11
11 miles for me tomorrow, will do the first few round the park with dawgie and then run onto Cannon Hill Parkrun where I can finish with a coffee and chat with mates
20/01/2012 at 19:31
All the Parkruns near me are miles away, can't beleive there is not one closer..would love to use it as a bit of speed training.
20/01/2012 at 19:48
15 mile race for me on Sunday. It will be a PB . 2 laps. Not run a lap race before. Suspect I may get lapped - not sure how good that is for the confidence.
20/01/2012 at 19:54

FF- I'll dig out some stats for my long runs before Christmas and post later!

I was hoping for 4.45 last year so tha's a good target- I started off conservatively but the heat got to me and the big lonely hill helped the devil on my shoulder and mentally I went to pieces..... strangely enough once I'd got over that I really enjoyed the second half!  Needless to say I'm praying for a cooler one this year!!

18 miles and then a 3 hour ride the next day  

Spence- enjoy your 11 miler, I bet it's a really good boost to finish up a long run with a but of company!  I have to admit I've never made it to a Parkrun even though there is one in Bushy Park where I run most of the time, its just when I have a Saturday off it's a bit of a rarity so I enjoy a lie in.... but maybe I should try and get to one soon and have a go!!!

FF- what shall I do with this 5 mile timed race on the schedule for Sunday?  It says go for sub 44minutes  which I think is massively fast for where I am at the moment- should i just go out and treat it as a race and see how quick I can do it.... or do you

I've used Nuun tablets before found the taste a bit gross really, but have seen there are other flavours online so might have another try!

FairyElephant- good to have you onboard... trail marathon are you MAD???  Hopefully we'll all be able to help each other on our marathon adventures!!

Next week looks like this for me

5 Fartlek

16 LSR

4 Marathon Pace

5 Easy

Does that sound ok with you FF?

41 to 60 of 540 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.