RW Forum 6 - Sub 5

Flat footed v Vik W

81 to 100 of 540 messages
22/01/2012 at 15:44

So Suffers your now following me at the Outlaw and Brighton..not coming to London as well are you??

Looks like there was some good running there team..looking forward to the report HL.

Vik -fingers crossed it's not a cold coming...although as you say better it comes now then latter down the line.

I'm off all week so loads of baby jogger runs planned with my 11 month old monster...will look try for at least 10 miles a day with some quality short runs in the evening for some speed sessions.

Swimming....i knew i forgot something.....

Edited: 22/01/2012 at 18:14
22/01/2012 at 18:27
I intend to come and support and stalk you at London...yep.
22/01/2012 at 18:40

race report, care of blog.

general gist - got badly thrown by the wind & hills, ended up going too fast.

22/01/2012 at 20:28
well done Helen  
23/01/2012 at 07:04
Morning, looks like it's shaping up to be ok weather wise here, hoping to get out earlyish for a buggy run.
23/01/2012 at 08:47

I could do with transporting today, so if you fancy pushing me about in a buggy, that's be fine, FF.  Think of it as resistance training.

Hip aches, and I can feel yesterday in my bum & back. Mainly one side for the hip/back thing. Suspect I ought to do something about that.

23/01/2012 at 13:06

This is the thing HL, as i get better at running with her she's getting bigger so i never seem to run any quicker..

Do you do recovery runs?, does anyone think they work....i know after a hard race i feel that swimming helps me recover more then running a few gentle miles does.

23/01/2012 at 16:34
After running long yesterday I did think about a short recovery run today of 3miles, as I hear that's the thing to do.....but I am going swimming for an hour instead.  
23/01/2012 at 17:07

I've not tried recovery runs. But I did go for a walk at lunchtime, as I could feel myself setting in my seat. It's aerobics tonight, so that'll get me moving a bit. Then I'll roll about on a foam roller (actually a plastic bottle, but it does the same job) and no doubt wince a bit.

23/01/2012 at 17:51
I've done a warm up/down then 2 x mile
23/01/2012 at 18:10

Evening gang- and happy Chinese New Year!!

Helen- fab race report over on the blog it sounded avery tough race so  well done!!  Hope the hips are feeling better... aerobics after a run like that !

Saffers- well done on the 14 miles!

Spence- I hated those mile reps I did the week before last but I know they do good so am trying to love them!!

FF- week off how lovely!  My running buddy said the same thing when she was running and pushing her little one but when she raced without it she flew!!

I was an early shift today  but woke up feeling better so hit the gym after work and did mile 5 mile fartlek on thetreadmil- legs felt good and I felt like I had a really good run, avg 10.48 pace!!

I tend to swim after a heavy session or hard week and then hit the sauna as they've just put one in our gym and it's heaven after a long run!! 

Edited: 23/01/2012 at 18:12
23/01/2012 at 20:57

Though tbh Vik a week of with Maddie is harder then a week fighting criminals!

I do miss not having a sauna/steam room...but all the gyms near me charge the earth and have no pools...so i use the council pool but has no other facilities.

Managed 8 mile run and 18 miles on the turbo in just inder an hour and half. Will try for this again tomorrow too, the run was a steady 9.22 m/m with the baby jogger.

Good effort Spence, you running Brighton too...sorry i missed which one your training for?

23/01/2012 at 21:27
No, I'm training for Ashby 20 atm......and then Chester in Oct
23/01/2012 at 21:35

Calling it "aerobics" might be overstating the case, me leaping about on the Wii fit for 45 minutes is more acurate. It thinks I'm down another lb and am only 24 - I could live with that

Spence is doing Ashby for the pizza afterwards  I'm there too, and might gatecrash.

23/01/2012 at 21:58

Swim tonight as recover from my long run. Swam with my middle daugher who is 15 and loving the swimming, as we got in and I tied my hair back she said, "Mum you look really young.".... bless her....as we got out, she laughed at my goggle eyes and said, "Blimey you now look 102 year old, that swimming doesn't do your looks any good Mum!!".......obviously she is now grounded.

23/01/2012 at 22:06

Kids, don't you just love 'em!!

Got to be an incentive Helen !!  I've had a slight change of plan & I might now be PB chasing  see how it goes

23/01/2012 at 22:10

Spence....they're a bit like marmite I think...love em or hate em...

A little worried about this marathon training thing....at the moment I am only running twice a week as putting a lot of focus on the cycling due to a training camp in February and keeping up with the others.  I have been warned that I cannot run a marathon on two runs a week.   So planning getting another run in after the camp in February and hoping that it will get me to the finish line without too much pain.

Plum    pirate
23/01/2012 at 22:12
Lurks
23/01/2012 at 22:14
haha..... *watches what she says*
23/01/2012 at 23:10

waves to plum!

I'm luck this is the local council gym, just been done up so all nice and shiny but the ASBO clientele hasn't changed much though.. but I manage to avoid most of the lowlife's most of the time and as it's cheap I can't complain!!

Helen- do youhave the wii fit board thingy then...?  Is it good fun and useful as fancied getting one?

Saffers I did 3 runs a week last year and managed a PB and as it's your first one do you just want to finish or get a specific time?

Night all! 

81 to 100 of 540 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.