RW Forum Six - 3.30

Shaggy v Gazelle

3,081 to 3,100 of 3,134 messages
10/09/2012 at 08:48

They will be sorting out a donation to Shaggy's running club.  If anyone would like to join in, PM Minni.

I just can't believe it.  How can you one day be so full of life and plans for the future and positive attitude and then the next day be gone. 

Scuba Trooper    pirate
10/09/2012 at 10:18

Oh no i can't believe it someone so fit and healthy like Shaggy.

Gazelle, I hope you are ok.

10/09/2012 at 10:22

Words can not express how I am feeling at this moment, I’m numb and shocked. I have only known Shaggy for 8 months and in that short period of time he has taught me so much, not just about running but also about myself. He was so supportive of everyone and has left a great impression on so many people that he has left behind. He will be truly missed, my thoughts go out to his Wife and Son.

10/09/2012 at 10:41

Big hugs, Gazelle.  And to eveyone 

10/09/2012 at 12:03
Thank you for your messages. I'm at work and not much time but will reply to you all tonight re: donations etc.

Sad days.
10/09/2012 at 12:22

Cheers Minni, I think we are all in shock the news hasn't sunk in yet. Please let me know if I can help in anyway. 

10/09/2012 at 12:46

thanks Minni, me too, donations or any help count me in.

Reduced me to tears when hearing this last night, even a bit now, so can imagine the effect on Gazelle. As for Shaggy's family and friends, my heart goes out to them.

All the progress I've made in the last 6-7 months wouldn't have happened without Shaggy's help. Getting under 3:30 in May without all the advice and pep talk - no chance. I was running & talking to someone proudly the other day about our "coach" here and his advice. That was Shaggy.

Very sad news. Just so shocked..

10/09/2012 at 16:15

just popping over from the other sub 3:30 thread... am in shock, like all of you.

Crying at the mo  

Whoever sets something up please count me in for a donation. Dunno what to do or say otherwise

10/09/2012 at 16:28

I think we're all lost for words, Chick.

10/09/2012 at 20:43

Hi folks,

I think I've PM'd everyone about donations.  If you haven't received it let me know.

x

10/09/2012 at 21:00
Just wanted to pop in from other thread to share emotions. Just so desperately sad. I know how dedicated shaggy was to helping gazelle in the spring. He was a massive contributor to our thread and just a lovely man. Many of us met him in Norwich last year. So hard to deal with.
10/09/2012 at 21:55

Only just heard. Sad, sad news.  He was a real inspiration.

Bit lost for words really. Thoughts and prayers are very much with his family and friends.

Edited: 10/09/2012 at 21:56
11/09/2012 at 00:35
AA (will post this on Minni's thread too)

Shaggy helped all of us, from early Jan right through to our spring marathons April to end of May. Gazelle he mentored and spent tons of time with, but we all got time, attention, feedback.

The odd telling off, even in jest when we got a team at Thunder Run aka CakeFest. A frown or two but he was really happy we had kept going and met up.

But a lot of support, motivation. He was still posting every week or so, checking in and seeing how we were getting on. Giving little pep talks, or boosting our confidence if needed. His enthusiasm realiy helped us all.

No way would I have gone sub 3:30 without his help. can remember being thrilled seeing his post the night before I ran, and then congratulating me after the event.

Would've loved to have met and thanked him.

I've got a club race tomorrow. I really don't know what to do. A few tears as I write this.

Life is too short. Seize the Day. Make it count?
11/09/2012 at 12:39

Afternoon All,

Sorry I have been quiet and havn't posted, it's still a bit raw for me to handle My head just can't get around the circumstances. I could understand if it was a traffic accident/long term illness, but to be healthy and active and it just happen..... 

I have just got back from an emotional 5mile run, I put some upbeat music on shuffle to listen to when The Military Wife's song came on( we were both ex forces) tears were streaming down my face then all of a sudden the song stopped and changed, quite spooky!

FRTC Club race is still on, go and do it for Shaggy and the thread

11/09/2012 at 12:59

Hello everyone

((Gazelle)).  Spooky indeed. I'm sure Shaggy would want us to keep on running and keep on posting on here so let's keep the thread going.

FRTC- go for it indeed and be awesome as always!

11/09/2012 at 13:08

Yep, he would also want us to keep supporting each other too.  Hugs to everyone, well done on the 5 miler, Gazelle, and FRTC go smash it 

Hmm, what should I do today....?  Oh I know, what about a spin class and some core for a change  

11/09/2012 at 13:09

Will try.

Feel very very deflated after the highs of Sundays 10k, seems a long time ago now and not important.

One little thing, about 3 miles, I started mentally repeating to myself, Make, Every, Stride, Count.. then just Every, Stride Count. Phrase now seems very true.

May have something to post later. Was something I wanted Shaggy to see.

11/09/2012 at 14:08

Thanks for letting me know FRC what a terrible shock it is.

M...eldy    pirate
11/09/2012 at 22:01

Just popping by to offer my condolences
I only had a few brief conversations with Shaggy whilst organising the Forum Six but I am  more than aware of the effect that he has had on all of you involved in these threads
I hope his legacy lives on 

11/09/2012 at 22:12
Thank you M...eldy.
3,081 to 3,100 of 3,134 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.