RW Forum Six - 3.30

Shaggy v Gazelle

3,121 to 3,133 of 3,133 messages
Scuba Trooper    pirate
15/09/2012 at 22:11

Brolish - Good luck with your Half tomorrow, hope the weather is kind to you for once. Don't be shit.....

15/09/2012 at 22:23
Thanks ST I will do my best
15/09/2012 at 23:16
Great run Gazelle.
Is there a hint of a time with the MP section then?

SS, yes, I know about the dial in spin, used to do 2 classes back to back for 2 years when I couldn't run much due to my heel.. Did 3 hours for charity last year. On the other hand, if i couldn't run..

This mornings miles...Aiming to beat time of 5.52 of 2 weeks ago, tried the racing flats again for a little extra speed

First one 5.46.7 went out hard from start and pushed all the way.
Second, legs felt tired on first quarter to half, thought I was way off pace, 5.49

You really can run a mile tons of different ways, hard at start, slower start, increase pace in middle.. Like a super compressed version of 10k/ half or marathon tactics. (More tomorrow after Brol.)

Third one All out, 5.45 dead..
7 seconds off in 2 weeks, 30 seconds off mile time in 8 weeks, very happy with that.

Good luck Brol ! Do it for Shaggy.
15/09/2012 at 23:23
Go Brolish go
16/09/2012 at 09:05

Great running, everyone!!  Gazelle, I'm so glad your MP miles went brilliantly   Confidence should have received a much-needed boost so well done you.

FRTC, I think you should be on a sub-5 by next year the way you're going!

Scuba T, how is your running mojo?  Have you made any decisions on next year's racing?

Brolish, looking forward to hearing your race report.  I've got everything crossed for you!!!!!

Spin and S+C later, physio tomorrow.  Plus ca change......

16/09/2012 at 13:05
Hey everyone, just a quick check in fore now, more to follow. I bang on equaled my pb of 1:37:52so not deliriously happy but at least it means I'm back at my best after a few crap races with 5 more weeks of full on training before NY. Will break 1:37 next time! Absolutely knackered
16/09/2012 at 19:53

Hey, well done Brol!!! That's excellent! Glad to hear you are back at your best!!

16/09/2012 at 20:02

FRTC, 3x1 at under 5:50! Brilliant! I've managed twice under 6 mins this year, but that was on separate occasions and neither of them were sub 5:50. So Another well done!

S Sheep, I'm also a fan of spin, but slightly jealous of you at the mo, cos I can't get to spin classes at the moment. I know you've had a rough year with injuries,, but at least you can smile about your spin and your core work. How is mission six pack coming along?

Gazelle! That sounded like a cracking MP run. you must have been pleased to bank that one.

ST Nice to hear that the training is still going well. I know what you mean about motivation tho, I've still not entered a race for autumn or spring. Thinking about Bexhill half in november (if there's still places) and Brighton half in February. But not sure yet.

My running's going ok though. Today I did 12 (flat course) at 7:25mm, although pace was a bit uneven, fast out (wind behind me) slower return, (headwind!) but both halves were fairly even in themselves.

don't think I mentioned tho, earlier this week I did 10 miler at 7:10 pace along very similar course. "Why so fast?" you might ask. Tbh, I was just thinking about shaggy as I set off and thinking, "most of all he'd want us to run, and to enjoy it" so that's what I did. Not much else I can say really.

Waves to all

Scuba Trooper    pirate
17/09/2012 at 09:23

Brolish - Great HM well done, your splits do show that you need more race practice to get your pacing on target.

FRTC - Great mile racing

Juggler - Great running 10miles at 7:10 wow.

Did 13miles with 10 at 7:40mm on Saturday and 3.5miles cross country recovery on Sunday and just got into work after 30 min swim this morning.

17/09/2012 at 13:04
Juggler- that's some very impressive running.
ST- same for you. 10m@7:40 is very good indeed.
Yes, I'm aware that I faded badly in the last 3 miles and it hurt like hell to be honest but I wanted to give it a good bash from the start and it was a bit hard to predict what I was capable of. Doing the Royal Parks half in 3 weeks time. Will probably set off at a similar pace and hope I can hold it to the end this time.
Otherwise decided to ditch VLM next year and concentrate on shorter stuff for a few months. I think I need a bit of a break from marathons.
30/09/2012 at 21:33

Hello,

Apologies for not posting for the last few weeks, most of us from this thread have started to post over on Shaggys home thread "Minni v Dubai Dave". I have missed a few people and I hope your training is still going great, so I thought if you are still popping on here then please post on here

Take care

Gazelle

01/10/2012 at 10:03

What the fast one said.

Other thread here

Edited: 01/10/2012 at 10:04
01/10/2012 at 10:21

Cheers FRC, I have just noticed your name change??? Where has the "T" Gone?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3,121 to 3,133 of 3,133 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.