RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

21,361 to 21,380 of 37,506 messages
09/10/2012 at 21:51

I'll bring a scooter....

09/10/2012 at 22:38
2old - so I guess this was an 'easy' run tonight at 7:30? If so, what does that make your MP? What time are you aiming for in Sunday?
09/10/2012 at 23:41
Evening all - Glad you're all getting into taper madness.
Went upto The lakes hiking with a mate, so a bit of easy x-training. We did Blencathra in the northern lakes, it was a perfect day. Sunny, warm, no wind or rain, in fact we could of worn shorts and a t-shirt it was that warm. Fantastic views from the top, south over the rest of The lakes, and north over The Solway Firth, and the mountains of southern Scotland. Might try some intervals tomorrow.
10/10/2012 at 08:12

Red -  Good news, give it time and you will be back running.

Carrot -  Retiring after London. Do you need a med cert for Berlin?

2old -   What's your target  for Sunday?

Spoons -   Nice quick 400's from you, similar session from me this morning but only 9 repeats, slowest 1:35(first) and the others inbetween 1:24 and 1:29.

10/10/2012 at 08:34

Minni - presumably if we leave stuff on our tables there is still a chance someone else could pinch them? Just thinking about gels - it would be ideal not to have to carry them, or at least only a couple, and have the rest on one of the tables - my plan is pretty much one at the end of each of the first 4 laps with a couple of spares just in case. But I'd worry if I got to the table and they were gone - what do you think? Safer just to load up the belt?  It's less of an issue if water gets pinched as we can use the cups if needed.

I think on one of our tables we need to set up a ghetto blaster for the trance music

Any sort of rain plays havoc with my hair...goes horribly curly which is so not a good look for me

Yesterday's run was better than Monday - 6 miles with 4 @ 7.20. I'm running again today - just easy pace, then rest tomorrow. I'll probably do something Friday - I quite like my last run before a race to be quite fast, so long as it is not the day before, so I might do some intervals, but not that many of them and probably not at full pelt, but just enough to feel I am in good form for Sunday

10/10/2012 at 08:53
Morning all

Minni /Barry- not sure about Sunday yet. . I'm looking at a pace between 7.15 and 7.25mm all being well though as FRC has said its not a flat course particularly the second half, so that will have an impact.
Barry-spoons - good sessions yesterday
Looks like TM marathon taper madness setting in with all the waterbottle and other chatter. Aren't there any streams to drink from- Bear Grylles style?
Free- if your hair will be a mess it's probably best to pull out or find a hairdresser who runs. That must have been a very encouraging run yesterday .
Simon- I love the northern lakes. We used to go to Keswick for half term every Autumn when the kids were small. Surprised you didn't take a bike.
Bowl of porridge today to get my stomach used to it. 7 slow today then 3 on Friday and that's it.
10/10/2012 at 09:17

2old - latest forecast for both Liverpool and Peterborough is better, at least according to the BBC website...11 degrees, white cloud/sunny intervals, light wind...so my hair may be OK after all! 

10/10/2012 at 09:38
Free- cancel that hairdresser.
10/10/2012 at 10:12

crossing my fingers for perfect running weather this weekend, 2old.

All that talk about TM and drinks stations makes me wish even more that I could go

Barry & Spoons: nice 400s. They are my favourite.

Thinking about entering a 10k on October 28  if only to prove DD wrong that you PB 3-4 weeks after running a mara

Dubai Dave    pirate
10/10/2012 at 10:18

Chick I would almost put money on it

Cycled at dawn, intervals tonight.

10/10/2012 at 10:51
Freemers my gels will be getting stuffed in my pockets No I wouldn't leave them on the tables as other runners might think they are for them.

Barry no medical certificate needed for Berlin.
10/10/2012 at 11:04

we'll see, DD

Bremen pics available - this is the finish photo and it shows I'm hurting

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/411726/gallery/bremen_marathon_0.jpg?width=350

10/10/2012 at 11:15

That's hysterical, I've now got images of you guys running being chased by Nicky Clarke waving some straighteners and John Frieda weilding scissors 

10/10/2012 at 11:16

Chick - looking pretty strong there - you mask the pain well

Carrot - I go overboard on gels so will use a belt. I'll not risk leaving them on the table then!

10/10/2012 at 11:17

X-post, Chick, great photo!  You don't look like you're hurting at all.  Wish I looked that good at the end of a race.  Don't tell me, your hairdresser was just out of shot 

10/10/2012 at 11:39

tee hee - I'm one living walking bad hair day

10/10/2012 at 12:20

Chick - you look a lot better than the guy behind you!

Easy run tonight plus coaching tri club.

10/10/2012 at 12:51
Minni - Isn't there anyone at TM not doing the race who can man the Team Minni table to keep the rif raf away?
10/10/2012 at 12:54

I've been really busy the last few days, I have painted 2 bedrooms and a bathroom! Well I was told to take it easy and not run for a week, twiddle thumbs now.......

Becs((((hugs))))) Hope your feeling better today.How is your knee?

2old- The weather is looking better for Sunday.

AA- You have a MP run to do at the weekend, which marathon are you training for?

Cooks- Let me know if you will be entering Abo next year I might give it a bash. I can't race Berlin  as we are off to Disney Land America towards the end of October for 2 weeks.

SS- How are the orthotics? Are you waiting until November to start running?

Carrot- I suffer with cramp at around the 20mile mark on each marathon that I have done. I did Stratford marathon about 2 years ago and had to walk/run the last 6miles it was very painful. I tried the salt sachets in the London marathon this year and found it worked well. My body just craves for it and it tastes really nice at the time and the cramp goes within a few minutes. I don't have much salt in my diet, ie never use it in cooking or have it on the table apart from on chips! I carry a bottle of sports drink and gels with me on marathons and use the drinks provided but the cramp fairy still keeps making an appearance. It must be the mp on the day as it never happens on my long runs in training.

Chick- you look really strong on your finish photo

Can someone start a list of who is racing at the weekend please, it sounds like there are quite a few of you

10/10/2012 at 13:12

Gazelle - will certainly do, its really in the balance re how we adapting to having 2 children tho, might be a case of entering and hoping for the best

This weekend I will mainly be racing the Maidstone Half Marathon!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.