RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

21,541 to 21,560 of 37,318 messages
13/10/2012 at 17:10

2old - So going with Barrys experience were bad dreams come true. Just remind us what that bad dream was of yours.

13/10/2012 at 17:18
Lol Barry that is so funny! The funiest drunk story we had I think, and we've had a few!
13/10/2012 at 18:01
Simon- it went like this:
Had a dream last night that I'd done the race and immediately went to bed not knowing my finishing time as the tunnel meant my watches were wrong and when I went to get it ,I discovered the chip had fallen off and no time was given. Actually the chip is on the back of the race number. So what does that all mean?
Looks like I cycle the ok way then if brake hoods are the way to do it.
Barry - where are you running tomorrow? That was not a dream it was a real life nightmare
AA- Diamond White was dangerous ...it made people to crazy things. I feel like I'm on it now...not sleepy at all. Alarm set for six,leave home six thirty,arrive Liverpool sevenish,park,get shuttlebus about eight, arrive start eight thirty , get ready ,start race nine thirty , finish??? TBA ,beer as soon as possible after that.
Daren - good luck tomorrow -set a good pace for the rest of team Minni close behind
O4S- enjoy Swindon . Strange putting those two words together. Sorry Swindon.
Cooks- set the gold standard for us all tomorrow. Good luck.
13/10/2012 at 18:06
Simon - I find it less painful on the drops....

Barry - bloody funny. And we'll done for remembering everyone's races tomorrow!

Looking forward to chilling tomorrow waiting for all results. Good luck to Team Minni at all the races tomorrow, well represented at the GER... And especially to 2old at Liverpool.
13/10/2012 at 18:14
Good luck tomorrow 2Old - you'll smash it!
Great report Becs, a very emotional read and well done for making if to the end.
I had a dream last night too. Minni, me and you both did 1:29:xx but I was annoyed cos I was tiring in the last mile and you overtook me!
And you couldn't be more wrong on the car front. I drive an old R reg Astra that cost half about what my road bike did!
See you tomorrow guys!
13/10/2012 at 18:34
Getting worried Daren?!

AA -I'll text you results and you can update the team.

2Old - you've got it well planned. What will breakfast be?
13/10/2012 at 19:05
Good luck for tomorrow everyone, I'm just off out so will have a drink for you all! Go team Minni go!!
13/10/2012 at 19:19
Good luck to everyone at GER. O4s doing half, cooks too.

Yes, I will be stalking 2old, I'm seeing friends running so at mile4, then on water station with club at mile9 for an hour, running with a friend (aiming for 5hrs) for 2 miles to station into Liverpool then will be stood at mile 18/25 to see everyone. 5-6 miles for me getting there & around,

BecsA, that sounded so hard but you finished. Takes guts, many wouldve given up, you didnt. you can slay other "dragons" another day.

Anyone else I missed running ?

Carrot, already back running, see a few pages back, did club hill session tue, gym wed, tempo thu. Gave myself a day off today though.

Oh, I've entered another event. 50 miler in Feb. but sshhhh I haven't told the Missus yet.

Good luck all.
13/10/2012 at 19:26

2old -  Just 10 to 12 miles steady around Swindon for me tomorrow then popping down to watch the HM, Abo next weekend.

Speaking of racers was n't Mr Z  doing Clarendon last weekend?

13/10/2012 at 19:32

Barry:  In the unlikely event you happen to see me I will be wearing a different shirt - bright green as in my avatar, but not Macmillan.  Rotherham 50 badge on left breast of shirt, but too small to read from the crowd.  Spent today planting 400 bulbs in the garden, am now knackered

13/10/2012 at 20:54

Daren - I'll be in the porsche tomorrow

Not too much wine drank tonight. Early night now.

Have a good one 2old

13/10/2012 at 22:06
400 bulbs O4S?! Have a good run tomorrow.

2old - go for it!

I'm not sure I like Peterborough. Struggled to find anywhere decent to eat so ended up with a burger, which was very nice but not exactly what I wanted.
13/10/2012 at 22:33
Thanks all for your support and kind words. This thread made a big difference to my determination to finish.

Good luck tomorrow 2old and all those racing halfs. Hope you all have good ones.
13/10/2012 at 23:19
All you racers good luck, and don't forget your binliners as it's going to be a chilly one first thing.

Did some intervals this evening after work, winter is definately here, as I had to do them up and down the local dual carriage way for the first time this year, as it was too dark on the country lanes. As time was tight I used my MP pace as w/m and c/d. So 6mins @7.58, 5 @7.31, 4 @7.02, 3 @7.02, that should of been faster, 2 @6.33, and 1 @6.03. 3mins rest, then back up 2 @6.44, 3 @7.01, missed 4mins, 5 @7.09, then 7.45 @8.00, all with 1min recovery in my minamalist shoes
Dubai Dave    pirate
14/10/2012 at 06:32

Morning

Good luck to all our racers today, do Shaggy proud and be SHIT

AA: If its more comfortable on the drops I'm going for your stem being too long thus putting the hoods too far away. 

Splash at lunch, trot tonight.

14/10/2012 at 08:10
Morning all. Very chilly here at the start area but the sun is starting to warm us up. Nervous.
Good luck everyone today
14/10/2012 at 08:43

Actually had to scrape my windscreen this morning

DD - bought a shorter one a few weeks ago, think I need to adjust handle bars now!

Calf still not great so an enforced rest day for me

Go for it Team. Looking forward to later... HTFU and no shitness allowed!

14/10/2012 at 08:49
Good Luck team, especially 2old in your marathon - go and smash it
14/10/2012 at 09:02
Morning, off to marshall my club 10km, only 5 degrees but a bright, beautiful morning GOOD LUCK to all the racers!!!!
14/10/2012 at 09:02

Go go go GER runners

And a special massive good luck 2old. Don't start off too fast and don't be shit

Going to catch up now - spent the past 2 days with my friend who had a bit of a crisis her 17-year old daugher. Some neutral mediating was required. I know why I don't have kids!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.