RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

21,541 to 21,560 of 36,301 messages
Dubai Dave    pirate
13/10/2012 at 13:37

AA Or your stem is too long and your reaching too far forward, answer is a bike fit but they don't come cheap.. Simon the drop between my saddle and bars has decreased over the years but I'm still bum up....... just

13/10/2012 at 13:48

DD - What's the min speed limit you allow anyone on your race track?

13/10/2012 at 14:13

Minni - that's exactly my plan. Originally I was planning on sub 1:30 or at least a big PB but I think that would be unfair on Daren. I now plan on jogging round just in front of the sweeper vehicle. 

13/10/2012 at 14:45
Minni- thanks for those encouraging thoughts. I think FRC will know before anyone else as he's promising to be at every drink station along the way. You might get an as it happens commentary. If not I will do it even if its shit or SHIT. Nail that HM pb tomorrow please and preferably sub 1.30.. You know you can.
DD/AA/Simon- careful too much biky stuff creeping in. At least wait until I've done tomorrow and get back on mine.
AA - taper madness- non runners would never believe us. Saying that I used to get similar experiences before exams. ....and now every blue moon. That was a big climb never done anything like that myself... Yet
Spoons- another sub1.30 HM on the cards. Good to see . Good luck and dont forget the brush.
Decided not to bother to run today. Hope it doesn't ruin evything tomorrow. Bit too sunny ,don't want that tomorrow. Feel a bit of a headache coming on .Worry worry worry.
13/10/2012 at 14:55
2Old, stop worrying! Good luck for tomorrow, you are going to be brilliant, looking forward to your race report.

Cooks, didn't realise you had a half, good luck for that too.

Minni/Spoons, love that you are getting the excuses in early. Go for it full throttle tmrw, have heard the GER course is a good flat one for p.bs looking forward to the race reports + the post race tales of Darren's red wine exploits
Scuba Trooper    pirate
13/10/2012 at 15:58

Still catching up with posts so thought I should just wish good luck to all the racers this weekend.

13/10/2012 at 15:58
2old - there's a difference between us - you can tell yourself you've done the training, I can't! But it's fine, this will be a marker on which to build for the Brass Monkey, where I will go under 1:30. I'm really good at moving the goal posts!
13/10/2012 at 16:19
Simon, DD, never been measured up on bike but I think that's next. My saddle and handle bars are basically level too. I spend most of my time on the drops. Played around with saddle a bit while out today. Next May we have a mini O4S type cycle from Reading to Weymouth with 3 overnights. Days of 50,40 then 20 to do followed by a celebration night and train home. Wanna get comfy on bike but after 26 miles today I'm shattered already

2old - you should be feeling all sleepy now too. What time are you leaving home in the morning?
13/10/2012 at 16:22
Minni - I do the training then wonder what's going to happen. ..the trick is to trust it will deliver. If it doesn't then there's always next time. C'est la vie and all that . Oh yes also you race a lot more than I do .
13/10/2012 at 16:24

The best money I have ever spent was getting a 'made to measure bike'.  I went from struggling on a 60 mile day to feeling very comfortable on 130+ miles in a day.  have never had bach ache on the bike since - in fact it was so good I have a second bike made to measure - which is probably why we are both still working long past pension age

13/10/2012 at 16:53

Brol -  Nice last long run - New York will be here before you know it.

Becs -  Great report, well done for keeping going when things got tough, a marathon is hard enough when you are not struggling with injury.

Gazelle -  I know what you mean but don't be tempted to do too much too soon, I was off for 4 months with PF after running too soon after a mara.

2old -  I read some nonsense somewhere that if you have a bad dream about something it usually turns out OK, but saying that I had bad dream once about going to a work awards ceremony getting drunk and making an arse of myself and guess what I went, got v drunk on red wine and made an arse of myself, I was called up for an award but the company director could n't get my name right so I refused to get up and it got worse as the evening went on, knocking a bottle of red over my boss's wife, using my award a bowling ball etc -  needless to say kept a low profile at work for a few days after.  Anyway good luck I'm sure you'll be fine.

AA - Fond memories involving Diamond White.

Cooks -  Good luck for Maidstone, fully fit but on a hillier course PB?

Daren/Minni/Spoons/Freemers -  Do us proud at GER.

O4S -  Good luck at Swindon, be looking out for you.

Edited: 13/10/2012 at 16:54
13/10/2012 at 17:05

AA - Stay on the brake hoods instead, it will help your back, and at our level, the extra drag isn't going to stop us getting on the podium anyway, and you can enjoy the scenery more

13/10/2012 at 17:10

2old - So going with Barrys experience were bad dreams come true. Just remind us what that bad dream was of yours.

13/10/2012 at 17:18
Lol Barry that is so funny! The funiest drunk story we had I think, and we've had a few!
13/10/2012 at 18:01
Simon- it went like this:
Had a dream last night that I'd done the race and immediately went to bed not knowing my finishing time as the tunnel meant my watches were wrong and when I went to get it ,I discovered the chip had fallen off and no time was given. Actually the chip is on the back of the race number. So what does that all mean?
Looks like I cycle the ok way then if brake hoods are the way to do it.
Barry - where are you running tomorrow? That was not a dream it was a real life nightmare
AA- Diamond White was dangerous ...it made people to crazy things. I feel like I'm on it now...not sleepy at all. Alarm set for six,leave home six thirty,arrive Liverpool sevenish,park,get shuttlebus about eight, arrive start eight thirty , get ready ,start race nine thirty , finish??? TBA ,beer as soon as possible after that.
Daren - good luck tomorrow -set a good pace for the rest of team Minni close behind
O4S- enjoy Swindon . Strange putting those two words together. Sorry Swindon.
Cooks- set the gold standard for us all tomorrow. Good luck.
13/10/2012 at 18:06
Simon - I find it less painful on the drops....

Barry - bloody funny. And we'll done for remembering everyone's races tomorrow!

Looking forward to chilling tomorrow waiting for all results. Good luck to Team Minni at all the races tomorrow, well represented at the GER... And especially to 2old at Liverpool.
13/10/2012 at 18:14
Good luck tomorrow 2Old - you'll smash it!
Great report Becs, a very emotional read and well done for making if to the end.
I had a dream last night too. Minni, me and you both did 1:29:xx but I was annoyed cos I was tiring in the last mile and you overtook me!
And you couldn't be more wrong on the car front. I drive an old R reg Astra that cost half about what my road bike did!
See you tomorrow guys!
13/10/2012 at 18:34
Getting worried Daren?!

AA -I'll text you results and you can update the team.

2Old - you've got it well planned. What will breakfast be?
13/10/2012 at 19:05
Good luck for tomorrow everyone, I'm just off out so will have a drink for you all! Go team Minni go!!
13/10/2012 at 19:19
Good luck to everyone at GER. O4s doing half, cooks too.

Yes, I will be stalking 2old, I'm seeing friends running so at mile4, then on water station with club at mile9 for an hour, running with a friend (aiming for 5hrs) for 2 miles to station into Liverpool then will be stood at mile 18/25 to see everyone. 5-6 miles for me getting there & around,

BecsA, that sounded so hard but you finished. Takes guts, many wouldve given up, you didnt. you can slay other "dragons" another day.

Anyone else I missed running ?

Carrot, already back running, see a few pages back, did club hill session tue, gym wed, tempo thu. Gave myself a day off today though.

Oh, I've entered another event. 50 miler in Feb. but sshhhh I haven't told the Missus yet.

Good luck all.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.