RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

21,561 to 21,580 of 36,985 messages
13/10/2012 at 19:26

2old -  Just 10 to 12 miles steady around Swindon for me tomorrow then popping down to watch the HM, Abo next weekend.

Speaking of racers was n't Mr Z  doing Clarendon last weekend?

13/10/2012 at 19:32

Barry:  In the unlikely event you happen to see me I will be wearing a different shirt - bright green as in my avatar, but not Macmillan.  Rotherham 50 badge on left breast of shirt, but too small to read from the crowd.  Spent today planting 400 bulbs in the garden, am now knackered

13/10/2012 at 20:54

Daren - I'll be in the porsche tomorrow

Not too much wine drank tonight. Early night now.

Have a good one 2old

13/10/2012 at 22:06
400 bulbs O4S?! Have a good run tomorrow.

2old - go for it!

I'm not sure I like Peterborough. Struggled to find anywhere decent to eat so ended up with a burger, which was very nice but not exactly what I wanted.
13/10/2012 at 22:33
Thanks all for your support and kind words. This thread made a big difference to my determination to finish.

Good luck tomorrow 2old and all those racing halfs. Hope you all have good ones.
13/10/2012 at 23:19
All you racers good luck, and don't forget your binliners as it's going to be a chilly one first thing.

Did some intervals this evening after work, winter is definately here, as I had to do them up and down the local dual carriage way for the first time this year, as it was too dark on the country lanes. As time was tight I used my MP pace as w/m and c/d. So 6mins @7.58, 5 @7.31, 4 @7.02, 3 @7.02, that should of been faster, 2 @6.33, and 1 @6.03. 3mins rest, then back up 2 @6.44, 3 @7.01, missed 4mins, 5 @7.09, then 7.45 @8.00, all with 1min recovery in my minamalist shoes
Dubai Dave    pirate
14/10/2012 at 06:32

Morning

Good luck to all our racers today, do Shaggy proud and be SHIT

AA: If its more comfortable on the drops I'm going for your stem being too long thus putting the hoods too far away. 

Splash at lunch, trot tonight.

14/10/2012 at 08:10
Morning all. Very chilly here at the start area but the sun is starting to warm us up. Nervous.
Good luck everyone today
14/10/2012 at 08:43

Actually had to scrape my windscreen this morning

DD - bought a shorter one a few weeks ago, think I need to adjust handle bars now!

Calf still not great so an enforced rest day for me

Go for it Team. Looking forward to later... HTFU and no shitness allowed!

14/10/2012 at 08:49
Good Luck team, especially 2old in your marathon - go and smash it
14/10/2012 at 09:02
Morning, off to marshall my club 10km, only 5 degrees but a bright, beautiful morning GOOD LUCK to all the racers!!!!
14/10/2012 at 09:02

Go go go GER runners

And a special massive good luck 2old. Don't start off too fast and don't be shit

Going to catch up now - spent the past 2 days with my friend who had a bit of a crisis her 17-year old daugher. Some neutral mediating was required. I know why I don't have kids!

14/10/2012 at 09:05

I've been First Defencing for the last few days but woke this morning with blocked nose/thick head, better today than next sunday.  10 miles for me, cold/frosty/foggy to start but perfect running conditions by halfway through the run, first mile 8:22 then picked the pace up mile 4 to 6 under 7:20 and 7 to 10 under 7:10, finished with 7:20 avg.  Head feels better now and a few snot rockets cleared my nose.  Go racers.

Edited: 14/10/2012 at 09:37
14/10/2012 at 09:42
chickadeee wrote (see

Going to catch up now - spent the past 2 days with my friend who had a bit of a crisis her 17-year old daugher. Some neutral mediating was required. I know why I don't have kids!

Me too Chick. I have to mediate between my OH and our cat Phoebe, she's a little madam, that's the cat btw.

Barry - Hope the first defence sorts it out by next week, or even better, give it to one of your work collegues.

14/10/2012 at 09:44

Minni: I'd much rather drink my own blood and urine than beetroot juice

FRC: great ultra report. Must have been horrid for you with all that pain so early on! Thoughs of wanting to drop out are never a good thing in a race. Ultras seem to be even more additve than marathons ...

DD: how amazing to have 85k just for cyclists! We have a road where I live that goes about 30k with no junctions or traffic lights and all of Hamburg trains here for their bike races. You definitely see more bikes than cars.

Bro: brilliant long run! Well done. Have fun at the wedding.

O4S: Great news on the op results! Bet you are relieved. I really really hope this was it now with you and tumors.

Becs: awww, you made me all watery-eyed with your race report . What an epic battle. You show us all how to HTFU! Huge respect for seeing this one through. Not sure I would have been able to plough on with that much pain and the knowledge that a good time was well and truly out of the window. Deffo time to take a break now and ease back into training with cycling and perhaps some walking.

AA: hope your calf settles. Maybe you've done a bit too much? A marathon in the mountains followed by a superfast 10ks about 3 weeks later and all that whilst not stopping marathon training for TM ...

BarryB: great drunk story making an arse of yourself. Loved it. Sounds like a good run with a cold today.

Oompa wrote (see)

S62w, Chick & DD - Do you guys pronate/over pronate? My right foot pronates more than my left and my local running shop has in the past, scared the sh*t out of me with injury tales if i were to run in neutral shoes or even ones with very little medial support! That said i have Asics DS Racers just for races and have used up to HM distance with no apparent problems, but they do have a modicum of support?

Oompa: I overpronate when I heel strike but I taught myself forefoot running in 2009 and have not had any injury issues since. Hence the minimalist neutral shoes that work just fine.

simon62w wrote (see)
Minni - Yes drink your own blood, and while you're at it, drink your own urine, as that's supposed to be good for you too. Don't forget to put your names on the bottles on the Team Minni refuel table, or you could end up drinking someone else's.

simon: you are hilarious! I just splattered coffee all over my laptop reading this

Managed a bit of run/walk yesterday with my friend and will go out later for an hour or so bimbling offroad. My quads and hammys seem to have settled down. Left knee still slightly niggly but improving too. Normal training to be resumed as of tomorrow

14/10/2012 at 09:47
Perfect weather here for 2old, cool, 6-8 degrees but sun out.. Just jogged here to 4 mile marker, cafe handily near.
Race started 9.30 so expect runners in 10 minutes or so.

Chic, see last page. Entered a 50 miler in Feb
Edited: 14/10/2012 at 09:48
14/10/2012 at 12:00
The GER crew should be going over the finish line now Any news AA?

FRC- have you spotted 2old??
14/10/2012 at 12:17

FRC - I guess your 50m ultra in Feb must be one of the London ones! Will you use it as a warm up for a spring mara like O4S does. How's 2old doing?

14/10/2012 at 12:43

FRC: I saw it -- that's why I mentioned ultras being addictive

c'mon GER posse - spill the beans!! I wonder if Dazza & Minni reaped their just rewards and got their sub 1:30 today ...

14/10/2012 at 12:46
1:27:45. Done it at last! I'll let the others let you know how they got on.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.