RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

21,581 to 21,600 of 37,464 messages
14/10/2012 at 13:24

Daz/Minni/freemers/2old - All brilliant results

14/10/2012 at 13:26
Daren- blooming Nora you smashed it by a mile. You must all be so proud

Kiwi- I'm glad you read back, I'm a bit keyboard happy today! I have a sore head ouch!!!
14/10/2012 at 14:40
Another quick update . Time 3.09.51. 103rd overall. 7th in age group. Tired but ecstatic . No time to look at what's gone on or say more sorry but can't wait until when I can.
14/10/2012 at 14:47
Brilliant performance 2Old! Well done!
14/10/2012 at 14:55
Great 2old! Having a lovely post race celebration with the team.
14/10/2012 at 15:02
Omg... What a super Sunday.

2old - amazing

Daren - so bloody well deserved

Freemers - too easy

Minni - fantastic PB

I'm so happy.

Is spoons still running?!!!!
14/10/2012 at 15:11
2Old, awesome results, you totally deserve to be estactic!! Enjoy the celebrating
14/10/2012 at 15:13

yippeeeeeee!!!  Super Sunday

Freemers: 1:36!!!! Get in - how awesome.

Minni: a PB is a PB

Daren and 2old how fast???

Really really happy for you guys

spoons???

14/10/2012 at 15:20
2old sorry, you were going so fast I only saw you at mile 25 in 3:02 ! Rest of the time too fast. 2old, 2fast !

Well done Daren & Minni. Great times.
14/10/2012 at 15:30

Just popping in to say it was lovely to meet you all this morning!!!

Minni you are just as lovely in real life as I imagined!

Spoons perhaps didn't run as fast as he could but personally I blame the shorts

Nice to see you and Darren again.

Daren I did a bit of stalking and couldn't find you result? same name but not the right time?

Freemers a really good result and bodes well for your marathon. Best of luck!

Promised myself to keep away from the forums hence my abscence but just had to pop in after meeting you all this morning and look forward to meeting up again at VLM.

Sorry I couldn't stay for lunch and drinks

14/10/2012 at 15:41
Hi y'all, quick check in to add to super Sunday, 1.24.34 for a new Pb on a tricky course well done to all the other races - a bunch of stellar times! Yay - beer tonight!
14/10/2012 at 16:48
Forever - are you saying Daren lied?!. Great to see you too and come on, don't be shy! Tell everyone you ran 1:28!! You've given me a lot of food for thought!

Cooks brillIant!

What a day!

I'm thrilled with my time. Anything faster would have been a bonus, anything slower a disaster. I text AA this morning and said 1:32. The faster you run the less enjoyable racing becomes but the bigger buzz you get afterwards.

Great effort team, great effort.
14/10/2012 at 17:08

Very busy in J household at the mo. so just a quick update to congratulate you guys on some brilliant racing. Last two weekends have been awesome!

2old, brilliant on the sub 3:10!!!

Minni, nice PB! and Cooks as well. Super times!

Freemers, nice way to go under 1:40 

Daren, brilliant time as well!

Just had a good 12 miler over the Downs this afternoon, couldn't waste all that lovely sunshine. Not quite in the same league as you racers, but enjoyable all the same!

14/10/2012 at 17:36

2old -   Massive congrats that is a great effort, you must be v happy, 4 weeks ago you were worried you might not run it then you get a PB. Enjoy the thread PB for a few more weeks cause I predict a certain runner might go better at Valencia. Speaking of which.

Cooks -  That is quick on a difficult course, great running and congrats on the PB..

Daren -  Broke sub 1:30 by a big amount, well done and congrats on the PB, very impressive racing.

Minni -  Well done on the PB, the thread just gets quicker and quicker.

Freemers -  A comfortable 1:36 you are on for a very good time at TM especially with Minni pacing you.

O4S -  Did n't see you at Swindon, shouted hello Shirley at one runner who I thought was you but just got a strange look.

14/10/2012 at 18:04
Brilliant run Cooks! Another amazing time.
Well according to the official results I ran a PW of 1:59! Got my race number wrong by 1! Meanwhile Neil Flack, whoever he is, is revelling in a new half hour PB! Grrrrrrr. I have emailed them so hopefully they'll sort it soon. For the record my/Neil's chip time was 1:27:46 so I lost a second.
I'll do a report tomorrow but very pleased with how today went - apart from nearly regretting wearing racing flats when I had calf cramps for the last few miles, it felt like the most comfortable half I've raced yet, and even managed about a 25 sec negative split which is unheard of for me!
Was great to meet up with the gang too!
14/10/2012 at 18:17
Daren - that is pretty funny

They gave me an extra 2 seconds on my chip time - 1.36.02. Still happy

Got home to find we have no wine in the house...not so happy about that
14/10/2012 at 18:18
Sorry, missed cooks' result there - brilliant
14/10/2012 at 18:33
I'm finding it less funny Freemers! That's the second time this year I've ran a milestone PB in a race and they've cocked up the result - is it just coincidence that both were council-run rather than organised by a running club? I'll get over it
14/10/2012 at 18:47
Lol Daren, I believe your time since you'd definitely finished well ahead of me. Talking of which, they've given me 15 bloody seconds! How does that work!
14/10/2012 at 19:02

First W60 by an Irish mile or two!  Guess it will be vouchers rather than bling, but I'm not complaining.  I'll do a report later - but the big news is that I had a Eureka moment today.  I realised that a) there is simply no point worrying about my times anymore b) I love competing even if my times are rubbish c) if you are enjoying yourself nothing else matters d) I should never let Mr O4S near my pasta saucepan, especially when he is mixing a solution for waterproofing the cycling jackets [More of this later]

Congratulations one and all - sounds like a good day for the forum again.  2old - how do you do that [or are you really 2young?].

Minni - 2 seconds is 2 seconds and gives you a better chance of breaking it again!

Daren / Cooks - juvenile delinquents both of you!!

Freemers - great comeback, but what have you done with Spoons?

FYI:  Barry B really is a small yellow bird

Laters.................

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.