RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

21,761 to 21,780 of 37,118 messages
18/10/2012 at 12:43

Just finished my cyber-stalking lunchbreak . Great pics! Minni, you look unbelievably determined and strong. I wish I would look like that when I'm racing! I love the pics where you leave those blokes eating your dust

The Neils and Darens got me totally confused though. Especially as there are 2 Neil Flacks! So no idea which one is Daren

No such t-shirt for me. I agree with the missus, Daren. They sound a bit showy ...

18/10/2012 at 13:08

I'm with your missus & Chick, Daren, not for me either (but then that's probably because mine would be a brown shit coloured one).

Minni - I'm not in a club, so can't got that route I'm afraid. I had a think about it and emailed the person at work and said I was planning to do MK. I said I didn't want them to lose the places so if, and a big if, they didn't have any takers then I might be tempted.

We'll see - I can't currently do anything so I might be being a bit optimistic anyway. I've had to push my plan of a run for tomorrow back too, as knee pain returned earlier this week. It's one step forward, two steps back at the moment.

I'm at a wedding tomorrow and out all day Saturday, so just want to wish Barry & O4S all the best of luck for their races. Hope you both feel a bit better, and that your tooth is ok Barry. Good luck!

18/10/2012 at 14:27

Yeah Chick, the whole Neil Flack thing is confusing. He's apparently now run 1:39 and some other guy has been given the number they originally thought I was. So sounds like quite a mix-up involving more than just me and Neil. But I am now me on both the results and photos - no 2253 - not as impressive as Minni striding for the line with that pack of men chasing her though!

I suppose one good thing about the Xempo tops is that if you're having a bad race, at least people know you usually run faster!

18/10/2012 at 15:37

Daren, you know you could have got a purple one already with your 10k and 5k times?  They introduced that recently - sub 20 5k and sub 42 10k I think.  Actually you are not far off the next one for the 5k, need to be sub 18.30.

Having said all that we all know the marathon is the only time that counts

18/10/2012 at 15:50

Hahaha, Mo Farah doesn't think that and he's not a bad runner so I've heard  Yeah, I did notice about the 5k and 10k Xempos and that I wasn't that far off a red for 5k - personally I think they're a bit soft compared to the HM or marathon times you need, although probably depends on if you're male or female. It wasn't so much about the colour though, more about the fact 1:30 has been quite a milestone time to crack for me that made me tempted.

18/10/2012 at 16:18

Yes, and it is a nice round number - it would be best if they said sub 90 though - aren't you meant to count in minutes once you get that quick?

18/10/2012 at 16:28

Oh yeah, I forgot that! If Cooks can do it...

87:46

18/10/2012 at 16:29
I haven't seen the photos yet. Must look tonight.
18/10/2012 at 16:46

Your hair looks a mess in them Minni

18/10/2012 at 16:58
Bugger, I knew it would!
18/10/2012 at 17:32
Evening all. 7 miles run on tready and calf was fine

Neil - 87 mins sounds more impressive

Think me and minni decided to get a xempo top after doing 3:28 last year. I beg to differ Freemers - you wear yours down the pub!! Maybe we should all wear them for the TM?!!

Chick - give it time. Think my jungfrau has just started to catch up with me just when I didn't want it to!

2old - enjoy your break hope you're still buzzing too.
Snowdon is supposed to be a great marathon. Voted best uk apparently!! I like a challenge...takes the pressure right off any time or anything.

O4S - hope your cold is going. Have you got lots of flapjacks for RR50?
18/10/2012 at 18:56

Cold has not materialised into anything major, lots of First Defence and Vit C, just a snotty nose when I wake up.  Visit to dentist went OK, half an hour in the chair and he used so much anesthetic my mouth was numb for 5 hours. Kids found it hilarious when I tried to speak.   He found a load of bad stuff under my fillings next to the nerve so hopefully sorted but was sore last night when anesthetic wore off and still getting twinges but hope it is just where he dug around so much. Not sure about the Xempo tops.

18/10/2012 at 20:20

Sorry but Xempo tops are juut naff.

2Old:  my comment about the spectators at TM was meant to be sarcastic - on the video you did quite genuinely see one man and his dog out supporting.  Kiwi and Spoons are going to make the place look crowded

Please don't use the 'R' word about my 50 miles.  This is a chance for me and 'Broken Ankle' to jog round together, eat cake and enjoy life.  No racing is planned or anticipated!

If I don't get a chance to get online tomorrow - we are leaving mid-morning - Good Luck to Barry and any other racers this weekend.

18/10/2012 at 20:34

Brolish- Hope you are feeling better today. I'm sure after a bit of rest and with the next few weeks of mp runs you will be fine. On the flip side if the practice mp run yesterday went sooo good, you would be thinking "If it's this easy in practise maybe I can go into the race at a slightly faster pace" as you will have the crowds and adrenaline to push you along! So just remember your mp and stick to it on race day.

Minni- As you have joined another running club will you still be coached by Moraghan? Or will you be setting your own programme's?

Freemers- Nice link, I gave Hubby a big hint so I will see if he took it???  You seem to be coping with taper very well

Chick- I'm in your post marathon bored club, I have 5 slow plods this week(yawn) Hope to add a faster session in next week. On the plus side I have entered a 10k on the 16th December so need to start focusing on my new adventure, well if you can call it that!

Daren- Glad your pb time has been sorted. Yes go for the t shirt, your allowed to show off if you can run sub 1:30 for a half.

Oompa- Nice Pic.

O4S- Good luck for your 50miles, how long will it take you to do?

Barry -Glad the cold hasn't materialised. 2days and 12hrs to go, are you excited???

18/10/2012 at 21:06

Lol, O4S, I just watched the Town Moor video and thought, what was that it, such a small group of runners!  Will be a nice cosy event  At least we won't miss you runners coming past and we get to see you 5 times!

Hope everyone with colds/niggles feels better soon.

O4S - enjoy your not racing 50 at the weekend

And good luck to all the racers, here's to another super Sunday!

No running to report here, have got a doctor's appointment for during half term to get to the bottom of the never ending niggling knee. That said, looking forward to circuits after school tomorrow night!

18/10/2012 at 21:38

Bro - "Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"

How are the legs today 2old?

Dentist sounds a bit grim Barry. I hate that anaesthetic, you try to swill your mouth out with water and it goes everywhere and you have to walk home feeling like you've been punched.  Hope it's all OK for Sunday.  Race number?

No Xempo top for me.  I'd only buy one if it was a sub-3 hour one (save my money then )

Good luck O4S!

18/10/2012 at 21:41
AA- glad to hear the calf is behaving.
Barry- ouch on the tooth front, been there done it. Hope you're right and it settles. Not long now till the big day.
I have no idea what xempo tops are. Off to google.
O4S- jogging around eating cake sounds great. Enjoy!
Gazelle- what next few weeks of mp running are you talking about??? I have a marathon to run in 2 weeks It was probably my last chance... Anyway I'm not too bothered, just want this week to be over. So are you now going to target 10k?
Chick- I hate post mara boredom. In a way it's worse than taper for me as there's nothing to look forward to.
Decided to rest today and do a few easy miles tomorrow. XC on Saturday.
18/10/2012 at 22:20

Brolish- I have just checked my diary and you can still fit in 2 more mp runs, admittingly not as long as your last one I'm targeting the 10k as a short goal, I'll go crazy if I wait for my next marathon!!!!!

Another nice word for Obsession is determination

Kiwi- Good luck at the Doc's

18/10/2012 at 22:31

Evening all. Mega busy at work today. No time to get online

Anyway, tonights sessions was (in minutes): 10, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, all at 10km pace. I've done pyramids like that loads before, but not with 10 mins at 10km pace first which made it quite tough....

AA - Snowdonia is on my bucket list. Not sure about next autumn though.

Daren - I read an interesting interview with Mo Farah recently. He said "I'm not a proper runner because I don't run marathons."

18/10/2012 at 22:34

Why are race photos always so awful.  They never get a good angle! Love your photo's though Neil, although it did take me a while to find you.  There's always one of you checking your watch, eh?!

Barry - how you feeling now?  What's the forecast for the weekend?  Have you done Abo before?  There's always a buzz about it and lots of quality runners, such as yourself, choose it.  Have you set a target?

Gazzelle - I've only joined the new club so I can be part of their XC team.

A.A. wrote (see)
Think me and minni decided to get a xempo top after doing 3:28 last year. I beg to differ Freemers - you wear yours down the pub!! Maybe we should all wear them for the TM?!!

Great idea AA.  That will give us a psychological advantage.  Unless of course the other ladies have a purple one.

Left my run till late tonight.  After 9.   Met my neighbour in her dressing gown walking her dog!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.