RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

21,801 to 21,820 of 36,979 messages
19/10/2012 at 11:51

Is wearing the Xempo top any different though from putting up the VLM fridge magnet (which I have and I know I'm not the only one!). I guess only people you know and invite into your house would see that, and they can just take the p**s if they want!  I don't think they are naff as such, just that I would be very aware of the time on my back - hence why I don't wear it "in public" any more.

FRC - you must have realised by now that O4S is not mortal...  Good luck with the 10k!

19/10/2012 at 12:05
Ok, it sounds like it's a general thumbs down to the xempo. Like you say FRC it's meaningless to most people anyway, although I wasn't planning on wearing it down the pub like Freemers does
Good luck Barry! I'm sure you're going to have a great race.
Freemers, I've booked in for the sex change. Championship start here I come!
Has anyone tried plyometrics? Did 20 mins of it after my core this morning. Don't know if it'll do any good but thought it was worth a go. Then did what was meant to be 11 miles GA in my flats, but ended up averaging 7:09 which was a bit faster than GA!
19/10/2012 at 12:05

Clearly! Highlander was on the other day, kind of expected O4S to be running through in some of the scenes. Being immortal would explain a lot

19/10/2012 at 12:46

Daren - I've done some plyometrics. Supposed to be great. I didn't really notice a lot of difference...

Chick - recovery was half the time of the rep. Have some rest and you'll get back into race mode at the 10km. Do a few strides beforehand.

Rest day for me today

19/10/2012 at 13:15

Spoons: sounds like a  session!

Daren: I did plyos too but found they are a recipe for injury. Any short sharp bouncing action is to be treated with caution ...  I reckon they are more relevant for sprinters and footballers and done on tired marathon legs they can be quite dangerous. Mind you, your pace is almost sprinting pace, so they may be good for you

Freemers: I use the fridge magnet too. I had a spare VLM 2011 one and turned into a Bremen 2012 one so I could display my new PB

19/10/2012 at 14:21

Chick -  My first mara was 3:20 at Stratford in April 2009,  3:16 was my second.  Only got close to 3:15 on one more occassion 3:17 at Gloucester in 2011 and I was in tears at the end cause I thought I had done it, a bit pathetic really but I guess you are mentally drained as well as physically drained at the end of a mara,  after a few days I was over it, realised I had done pretty well on a hilly course.  Tooth feels better today so fingers crossed.

Daren - My physio had me doing drills but it was giving my calf grief so I stopped. Nice quick running from you.

19/10/2012 at 14:21

Nothing wring with that chick

8 easy today, average 7.58, nice . Only 4 more runs and 9 sleeps until the TM.

19/10/2012 at 14:23
Well chick, I am naturally a sprinter - 100m was my distance when I was younger - and I'm a footballer too so it should be perfect for me! Plus I wouldn't do them on tired marathon legs cos I don't do marathons seriously though the injury risk is a worry especially as I'm incredibly inflexible!
Strangely enough I haven't got my VLM fridge magnet up...
19/10/2012 at 16:43
Freemers wrote (see)

Is wearing the Xempo top any different though from putting up the VLM fridge magnet (which I have and I know I'm not the only one!).

I love my fridge magnets!

8 easy Freemers?  If that's easy then what is MP?!

19/10/2012 at 17:07

Damn Free, nice easy pace there!

Barry- glad the teeth are settling.

I did 4m easy this morning with some strides. XC tomorrow. Taper madness hasn't even properly kicked off yet and Moz is already getting sick of me. But seriously 10m Sunday run??? What am I going to do with myself???

On a flip side I think I've managed to crack the KL job today so might have more time to obsess about NY next week and drive everyone else around me insane!

19/10/2012 at 17:17

10 miles Brol? The man's insane!  I only have 8 to do on Sunday.  I'm heading out soon for 10 with 6@ MP and tomorrow is supposed to be off but I've committed to run an hour of a 50m relay....

19/10/2012 at 21:18
Rest day for me today. I'm having a beer. I can no longer go to tri club on Friday nights because I take my son to cubs instead.

I may have to start getting out of bed earlier for early morning swimming....
19/10/2012 at 21:44
Tri will still be around when your son grows up Spoons. Good choice to take him to cubs.
19/10/2012 at 22:29

Yep

I can be the next Bear Grylls

19/10/2012 at 22:38
Bro - When are you off to Kuala Lumpur? Or does KL mean something else.

Well I was about to wish all the racers good luck this w/end, then I remembered I've got a race tomorrow also, Oops. Standish 10k, a trial, possible hilly race with a 2.30pm start. I haven't got any minamilist trial shoes, so I'll just use my normal adidas Kanadias. With a entry fee of less than 7 quid, it should be pretty low key.
20/10/2012 at 08:10

Good luck tomorrow Simon. Really glad to see you're getting into racing. Try and squeeze one in every weekend. That's what Forever did and took her half time from 1:42 to 1:28 in 2 years!

20/10/2012 at 08:36

Good luck Simon.  I think it's today Spoons? Definitely the more you race the fast you'll get!

20/10/2012 at 09:10
Good luck Simon, should be nice + cool out there for it
20/10/2012 at 09:19

Yes it's today. Looks like a nice one. Course record is 34:15 so shouldn't be too hard to beat....

20/10/2012 at 09:47
Simon - good luck today.

I'm not running today. I cycled 31 miles yesterday with 1600ft ascent. Went to the highest point in west Berkshire. Nice lung buster. Legs like jelly at the top

This time next week I will be boarding.....
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.