RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

22,401 to 22,420 of 36,140 messages
02/11/2012 at 10:13
Bro - have a good flight, and good luck for Sunday, so excited for you!!

Scuba - good to hear that you are on the road to recovery.
02/11/2012 at 10:55

Bro, have a great time. Good luck! Go get that time you want.

Scuba, great to hear that you are recovering. As Gazelle said for TR24, sure you could do 2 or 3 lap long run, bring your bike & go for a ride and then we can chuck you in a lake nearby. Tri training covered then covered.

2old, ultra? what did I miss. Last time I had you on holiday somewhere. Hope to see you Sunday.

02/11/2012 at 11:33

FRC-ultra-the Trans Britain-I know you weren't commiting to doing it . Whats your target on Sunday?Have you run it before? Hope I can make it too.

02/11/2012 at 11:37

Bro - safe journey

Love the TM video. How come AA is always the only person smiling when running marathons?...... 

02/11/2012 at 11:45
Head down, serious face Spoons. I have no energy left to smile
02/11/2012 at 12:12

Lol, just had a look at the video, thank goodness they added some music to it after a while!  Agree Spoons, AA looks far too happy about running a marathon

02/11/2012 at 12:29

2old - Oh that ultra! the Trans Britain one. sorry crossed lines. Thought I had missed you doing a race. It was more for KFC, the idea of a running "holiday". The 156 miles in 6 days & peaks to climb too is not for me - I really would be committed for doing that. I run even less than you per week, usually 30-35 miles, 45 ish peak weeks.

Lancaster half, yes I ran it last year - then a pb of 1:36:30, minor bump or two about 8 miles but rest is flat, quite scenic around canal and country roads paths. Last 200 metres is around track with nice finish line. Target Sunday is of course sub 1:30, that 10k fortnight ago much like yours was a few seconds over 40 mins with a few hills - 6:29mm pace, think I will aim for 6:45-50 pace and see what happens. Low 1:30s would be great.. 1:29:59 would be wonderful

Goes to look at videos.

02/11/2012 at 12:33

Just a quick heads up. Brol's flight departed at 11.38, 8mins late, and they're enjoying the extra legroom.

02/11/2012 at 12:46

Great news Simon I'm off skiing in January any chance you could.......................

02/11/2012 at 13:11

Gazelle - No probs, I'll get it diverted to somewhere there's a hurricane.

02/11/2012 at 13:25

Fantastic news, Simon! Now Bro can relax

Good luck FRC, go and get that sub 1:30 or should I rather say 8x:xx

02/11/2012 at 13:38
Kiwi. wrote (see)

Lol, just had a look at the video, thank goodness they added some music to it after a while!  

I loved the dance tracks they put on...but very odd in conjunction with the slow running   I also noticed on one of them when there was no music you could hear carrot talking in the background...can't tell what she was saying mind, what with the accent and all

Just back from 5 easy miles, all feeling good   A fleeting thought went through my head that the Bungay 20k (and 10k) takes place on Sunday and maybe I could...but then OH tells me we are going for Sunday lunch to one of our favourite pubs to celebrate the TM result...and actually I think he has probably booked it to stop me entering the race as I'd sort of mentioned it a while back

Really glad Bro is on her way. I wonder what the transport the other end will be like - guess cabs will be very busy if the subway is still not working.  I think she has friends meeting her doesn't she? So at least she can get to where she is staying and has time then to work out the rest of the logistics.

02/11/2012 at 13:40
Glad to hear Bro is finally on her way.
Dubai Dave    pirate
02/11/2012 at 14:19

2old Next 10K which doesn't involve swimming and cycling not until December 15th but unfortunately I have a 100K bike race the day before! There's a 5K in early December I may give a shot but I have a 1/2M 3 days before that one.

ST: Good that you can run, no IM plans this year unless I accidentally end up doing one, plan is to cycle JOGLE in June.

Today was the Sting tri, swim allegedly 300M, cycle 7K, run, 1.6K repeat three times, swim turned out to be 500M which makes it a little harder for a runner like me! Anyway I finished in 1-34-13, each lap was near enough even pace, swims were all around 10 mins 30 secs, cycles 11mins - 30 secs, runs 6-35 ish. No idea where I came probably about 30th out of 100, it was fun and reminded me why I love Tri and also reminded me that I'm not a very good swimmer.

Edited: 02/11/2012 at 14:19
02/11/2012 at 14:32

DD:  Nearer the time let me know the route.  Nearly all routes go through / round Bristol and a right royal welcome awaits you [and a bed for the night!].  In fact perhaps we could arrange our next forum get together to coincide with cheering DD on his way

5 hilly miles with BA today - just managed to dodge the torrential showers

Good Luck all our racers

02/11/2012 at 14:58

Afternoon all,

Bro - Bit late i know but good luck for Sunday.

Loving the TM You Tube clip. Excuse my ignorance, and i know it's not a big city marathon but how many people were running? Doesn't look like many, which i think makes your times look even better as i'm sure it's easier with plenty of fellow runners  around for support.

Haven't been on for a while due to a combination of work and still not being able to run, so have been drowning my sorrows in copious amounts of Montepulciano! Aiming to run on Sunday as i've only got 2 weeks until Brighton 10k and desperately need to start base-building for VLM.

02/11/2012 at 15:12

Oompa - I don't think there were many runners, hence why Team Minni got on the podium.

Freemers - Yes Brol has friends in Queens, that they are staying with. So I'm sure they will help them out the other end.

02/11/2012 at 15:58

Oompa - 94 finished the race but I think there were probably 20-30 who dropped out.  Hope your run at the weekend goes well.

Simon - bl**dy cheek

02/11/2012 at 17:12

Freemers - I'm only jealous, cus I've haven't been on any podium, or got any bling.

02/11/2012 at 17:30
I was just about to say Simon.... Remember you're part of the original gang and we stick together.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.