RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

22,661 to 22,680 of 37,089 messages
10/11/2012 at 16:43
Guys I don't think Daren is racing this weekend, are you wishing him luck for something else?
Edited: 10/11/2012 at 16:46
10/11/2012 at 17:56

Maybe they 're wishing Daren good luck for when he starts marathon training.

Freemers - Good luck for tomorrow.

DK -  Welcome, sighs another one from the dark side but does doubles, speaking of double maybe we could get Daren  to do a double HM.

DD - Congrats(again)

FRC/2old -  Are you racing for the same team tomorrow or against.  Good luck to you both.

10/11/2012 at 18:02
Haha - double HM! I bet we could sell that to him!
10/11/2012 at 18:12

Minni - Yes your right, Norwich half is 25th Nov. Maybe it's just early well wishes for Daren.

10/11/2012 at 18:23

DK - I forgot to ask, IM cut off is normally 17hrs, do you get a bit extra for the double, or is it just 34hrs .

10/11/2012 at 18:41
DK- welcome.
Free- good luck with the 7 miler tomorrow.
FRC and 2Old- hope you have a good one tomorrow.
Is anyone else racing?
Oompa- ouch, popping calf sounds horrible, hope you get it sorted.
Weeble- sorry to hear you're having set backs. At least it looks like its going in the right direction. Fingers crossed for you.
Daren- just get on with the programme, you know you want to
Minni- I'm back to my normal mileage this week with 20m planned for tomorrow. I understand that the plan is to have a shorter taper this time round of around 10 days. Moz said there's no reason why I shouldn't run just as well in San Sebastian but I must say I am a bit unsure about how this starting and stopping would've affected me. I guess I just have to wait and see. One thing is for sure- my head will be in a much better place this time round.
Had a reasonably good time in NY but I must say I'm glad to be home. Between getting up at stupid a clock every day to get my runs in and worrying about Mr B being annoyed it was all a bit of a struggle.
Still no word from NY Runners about how they are planning to handle this thing. Disgraceful.
10/11/2012 at 18:42
Yes I am doing a double HM - I'm just taking a 6-week break between them! But no, my race isn't for 2 weeks yet. Only running I'll be doing tomorrow will be on a football pitch!
DD, congrats on yet more silverware.
Welcome DK, sounds like 3:30 is well within your capabilities.
Freemers, good luck for the 7-miler.
Gazelle, re: my HM breathing pattern. Basically I split the race into 4 sections. First 3 miles I run to a 6-count (3 strides in, 3 out), the next 3 miles to a 5-count (2 in, 3 out), miles 6-9 I alternate between 5 and 4 (2 in, 2 out, 2 in, 3 out) then switch to a straight 4 count for the last 4 miles. See I told you it was boring! But seems to work and also gives me a good idea how things are going, ie if I can comfortably stay on a 5 count beyond 6 miles I know I'm doing ok and can up the pace a bit.
10/11/2012 at 18:44
Sorry missed that FRC and 2Old are racing tomorrow too - good luck to you two too.
10/11/2012 at 18:45
Oh and Spoons with your cross country!
10/11/2012 at 18:47
Spoons- good luck!
10/11/2012 at 19:02

Bro:  welcome back!

DD - bling king!!

Mr Z - I was seriously disappointed, will have to catch you soon 

Good Luck racers - will read back properly when I get home as the wifi is a bit dodgy here.  Knee was stiff, sore and swollen on Thursday but managed a reasonably paced 17 miles on firm track and road yesterday, then 27 miles today of greasy limestone, energy sapping mud and fabulous scenery today.  To put the record straight - all my injuries have come from road running and I had completed about 13x 100 mile off-road events before hitting my half marathon or marathon PBs [plus too many other ultras to count].  Trail running is the best ever, just don't treat trail races as time trials!

20 miles planned for tomorrow on mixed terrain.  Weather fabulous today and predicted better for tomorrow

10/11/2012 at 20:13

Hello again!   Im back looking at getting close to 3:30 come spring. 

10 Marathons and 2 ultras took it out of me up to August and had plenty of niggles but hopefully Im back now!

10/11/2012 at 21:14

I'm not surprised you had niggles Spen!

Bro - is Mr Bro going to San Sabastian with you?  I've just googled it and it looks like a promising course.  I hope its not windy on that sea front though! I reckon the double taper will do you good.   It'll be a nerve wracking weekend for us all.

Good luck racers.  Go get muddy Spoons.

10/11/2012 at 21:25
Minni- of course he's coming with me. He might be complaining but he wouldn't want to miss a weekend in San S I don't want it to be nerve wracking for you, you've all worried enough for me. It's all going to be fine and I'm going to kick some Basque a** I promise!
10/11/2012 at 22:16
DK - welcome. Sounds like you are well in the right ballpark. Good to have more representation in the forum from the recovery food sector . Whens your next marathon and what's your plan for training for it?

Spen - welcome back - sounds like you've been busy!

DD - blingtastic. Dare I ask how many other entrants?

Daren - there's a great recent graham obree interview where he talks and demos a new breathing technique he's developed for the human powered land speed record - have you been taking tips?

Fab mtb day in pentlands, current score bog 3, kfc 0. Back for more graceful over the handlebar dismounts tomorrow...
10/11/2012 at 22:19

All set for tomorrow's XC. As in, I went out and got pissed tonight. Oops! 

10/11/2012 at 23:09
No race for 2old, was going to sneak him into a league one, listed as a 10k, and on a great PB 5k course x 2, but short.
10/11/2012 at 23:13
KFC - Enjoy your fun mtn biking tomorrow.

Spoons- Sounds like perfect thread training for your xc tomorrow.

Bro - I've just PM'd you.
Dubai Dave    pirate
11/11/2012 at 06:04

Morning

kfc: total of 5  M50's but I was 14th Overall out of 77 and my time would have won the M40 age group! I was 7th overall at the end of the run, but admit to dawdling on the swim, I find it hard to swim after running, much easier to bang in a hard swim then run.

Good luck to our racers today , a gentle splash for me.

11/11/2012 at 09:20
DD - nice bling!

Welcome DK - you've come to the right place for lots of encouragement + inspiration

Spen - not surprised you picked up some niggles, you sure have been busy running!

O4S - sounds like you are having a good time + getting lots of miles in.

KFC - enjoy your mountainbiking.

Good luck Spoons + Freemers for today.

Slow run planned here, have done 2 spin sessions this week + pleased that the knee has been behaving
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.