RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

22,801 to 22,820 of 36,975 messages
14/11/2012 at 14:57

2Old, I reckon I'm probably the fittest in the team now (we have got one guy who has a 1:25 HM PB but that was a few years back and he doesn't run so much anymore). Not the fastest anymore though - I always used to be when I was younger, but I've lost half a yard of sprinting pace as I've got older. Still no slouch for a relative veteran in football terms though!

14/11/2012 at 14:58

2old This is a good time to rest. Get on the bike.

14/11/2012 at 15:29

In my book anytime is a good time to rest

Off to a wine tasting tonight - on two wheels.  Hope I don't have an embarrassing accident on the way back after a few glasses!

14/11/2012 at 15:45

bugger, 2old. Can you bike or does it cause you more aggro?

A.A. wrote (see)

Chick - are you running a 10k this weekend?

unfortunately, yes . At some point I have to bite the bullet though and face those 10k demons. We'll see. It's not a very fast course - 2 twisty-turny laps with about 3k on a rather narrow forest trail complete with stones and tree roots. Only 2k is run on the road. If it's raining it'll be a mudfest

Daren: are you officially the fastest on here too by now? Or is that still cooks? Speaking of which, where is he?

14/11/2012 at 16:18

Minni- so the bike it is

14/11/2012 at 16:27

Chick-not sure I want to be bu**ered but there is the bike and spinning and the ergo to try before I have to take up golf. Maybe its time Daren and Cooks had a head to head race to settle the fastest question once and for all

04S-like the idea of winetasting on a bike but how do you use a cork screw and hold the handle bars without falling off .I struggle to use a bike bottle. Isnt your idea of a rest the same as Darens idae that 6.29 is not faster than 6.30mm

14/11/2012 at 16:38

Daren - Quick mile reps off a short recovery, what's your 5k PB?

2old -  Like your style, if you can't run go down the pub, encouraging news on the calf - just a week off.

Weeble -  Good news. Fingers crossed for your run tomorrow.

Having had my fair share of calf injuries, if it lasts more than a few days go and see a  physio and get some expert advice, I've tried running through the niggles before and sometimes it works  but others it has laid me up for a further few weeks. 3 slow for me  this morning.

14/11/2012 at 17:23

5k PB is 18:43. It's the blue time for the thread, but Cooks has the 10k and HM. Not sure I'd fancy a head to head - I'm pretty sure he'd beat me!

14/11/2012 at 17:26

Speedy reps there Daren

Easy run for me tonight

14/11/2012 at 17:37

Yowsers, those are speedy reps Daren. Is your HM on Sunday - shouldn't you be taking it easy? I have

14/11/2012 at 17:38

No, mine's the following Sunday Ant. I'll be taking it easy next week.

14/11/2012 at 18:25

The shortlist of the Asics competition are being contacted inviting them to bootcamp.  A few people have posted to say they are through.  So, come on.... who's in?  Daren???

14/11/2012 at 18:36

Aw, did I miss out again?

14/11/2012 at 19:10

Has anyone seen that they're going to revive the old Superstars TV show from the 80s for a one-off Christmas special and Mo Farah, the Brownlees and a load of other Olympians are going to be on it? Should be interesting to see what Mo's 100m time is like!

14/11/2012 at 20:19

Damn Daren.   You'll have to enter the Forum 6 instead.

I can't remember that show from the 80s but sounds like fun.

K reps for me tonight. Fecking hate them.

14/11/2012 at 20:54

Minni- How about I do your k reps and you do my slow 14miler on Friday?

Daren- Are you sure your 10k is next week and not this weekend????

Chick- Just think how quick the 10k is to run compared to a marathon, you can be changed and in the pub within the hour I've been told the in thing to get a fast marathon is to concentrate on getting your 10k and half marathon times down.

Spoons. wrote (see)

Evening.

Busy day for me at work followed by a 6pm session: 2 mile rep + 4 x 400s + 2 mile rep.

Then 7pm I was coaching the main club group: 1 mile rep + 20 min rolling hills + 5 hill sprints + 1 mile rep. I nearly killed them 

Brolish- Yes I'm with Moz at the mo, I'm scared I will go down the lazy route and miss sessions if I don't need to report back to anyone, I wouldn't want spoons to be my coach looking at the above session

KFC/2old- How are the Calf's today?

14/11/2012 at 21:25

Yes - Daren enter the forum 6

Gazelle - you're exactly right. I have a coach too simply because if I didn't I would drink more and run less. Although - I'm on the wine tonight....... 

Daren - no easy week for me next week. Training through. My schedule is now long run Saturday evenings followed by racing on Sunday mornings every week.

14/11/2012 at 21:25
Gazelle- calf still tight but being rested thanks.
Minni - wish I could do your k reps..
My pool allergy has turned into sneezing fits throat swollen nose streaming ...what's that all about?
14/11/2012 at 21:33
Spoons. wrote (see)

Daren - no easy week for me next week. Training through. My schedule is now long run Saturday evenings followed by racing on Sunday mornings every week.

Why?! Surely all your race times will be slow and you'll be putting yourself at risk of injury by trying to race with only about 12 hours rest after your long run. Sounds like a crazy plan to me!

14/11/2012 at 21:37
Spoons. wrote (see)

Your new coach must be as mad as your old one!

2old - Take a rest!!!!

Gazelle - Daren is racing HM not 10k.  Keep up!

Barry is it your marathon this weekend?  And Cooks?  I've lost track a bit.

Edited: 14/11/2012 at 21:38
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.