RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

22,861 to 22,880 of 37,116 messages
15/11/2012 at 23:21
Superstars revival - eek. Love getting insight into their own sports they excel at, but spare me the rest, and the worry that Mo gets injured in the shotput...
16/11/2012 at 08:12

Brol - After racing on Sunday, will not be doing a lot next week, maybe a 3 slow monday, 5 tuesday  with 3 at MP and that will probably be it until the Sunday.

Very good line up for the Superstars, I don't think it will ever return as professional sportsmen and their paymasters(especially the footballers) would be too concerned about picking up injuries.

Minni -   If you are coughing stuff up don't think you should be doing strenuous exercise let alone racing. Hope the race goes well.

16/11/2012 at 08:20

Morning y'all!!

Really sorry to have not posted of late - office move around means that my screen is very visable to the boss & home life has been super busy too with one thing and the other!!  Anyways WAH today (we have our 20 week scan for mini-cookster number 2 at lunchtime - fingers crossed all ok) - so easier to post!

Loving the Superstars!! They redid it about 6-7 years ago & enjoyed that series but this line up looks a bit special! 

Daren - re pacing, you'll smash it buddy!! Only thing I would say is factor in a bit of over and under for the hills (mate from work has done Norwich and says there are a couple of hills) - I used toi try and run flat pace irrespective of the hills but 'smoothing the effort' makes life easier.

Valencia on Sunday - currently there is lightning forecast for the middle of the race!  Bit of a knee issue - fell over on last long run and bashed it & it has reawakened my tendonitis from footy days   That said I've laid off during taper and it feels ok - acid test will be on the day.  Fingers crossed!!

Anyways, hope all well & hopefully be able to contribute more when things settle down at home....

G

PS Oompa - are you doing the Tunny Wells half in Feb? Oh yeah, good luck for Brighton btw

16/11/2012 at 09:25

Cooks - you're right there are a couple of hills, but the only real uphill (which youdo twice as it is two laps) is preceded by a nice downhill, so Daren should be able to stretch out a bit there and even it up for the uphill. I really think he is going to smash his PB again...whether he gets close to your blue time though I'm not sure, and I think it will be close! I would say you two are probably really evenly matched so it would be good to get a Daren / Cooks smackdown going some time soon

Minni - how are you feeling today?

I think Mo will be really good at Superstars, he is just so competitive. Did anyone see him on the Cube?

I really wish I had run yesterday instead of today. Yesterday was lovely and sunny. Today isn't....looks dank and cold. Need to psych myself up to get out there...

16/11/2012 at 09:42

Freemers - I think it will be very close and to half-paraphrase Mr Keegan - 'I would love it he beat it'  That kind of works   Love healthy competition, helps one to improve!!  Re a smackdown - only if the tv rights are enough, I'll speak to me agent!

16/11/2012 at 09:46

Simon- yes, I'm chilling, thank you.  I refuse to be stressed this time round (remind me I said it next week).

Becs- good news on the knees front, hope you're back running soon.

Carrot- good luck with running and drinking in Liverpool.

Barry- good luck with the 10k. By the way- did you have to get a med certificate for Florence? 

Cooks- exciting stuff with mini cookster, hope the scan goes well.

8m for me later today with 3x 1000m reps.  Was supposed to do them before work but just couldn't get out of bed so it will have to wait until tonight.

16/11/2012 at 09:55

Its Friday!!! And there is racing comong up this weekend but not for me

Cooks -nice of you to pop in-everyone has a minor disaster prior to their marathon-apart from Bro when its a major one.Im sue all is going to go great and we are all wondering how close to 3 hrs you are going to be.Have a great trip

Free-Yes I saw Mo in the Cube-he was so calm-nerves of steel and yet he looked really relaxed and as if he was having fun. Dont overr think going to run today,as they say,just do it

kfc-no problems with calf after spinning session but it is stiff ,much as you describe yours, and that tells me if I run too soon the problem is likely to return.Saying that I will do a test run on Sunday all being well

FRC-theres some great running around Crosby /Formby etc. I know about that marathon and would like to do one of the days on a'just have a go 'basis without any time pressures that I place on myself.It would be a good way to start off the years marathon training too.Are you doing the Conway Half on Sunday? I would have liked to run it but its not to be.

16/11/2012 at 10:44

Carot - If you do run to Crosby to 'the iron men', just remember to check the tides, cus when it's in, you can see 'jack sh*t' of them.

16/11/2012 at 10:57

Anyone wanting a Berlin place for next year there are 2500 places unsold which are going on offer tomorrow 6:00pm(CET).

Cooks -  Good luck for Sunday, target time?

Brol -  Yeah, managed to get a med cert, eventually,  from Doctors.

16/11/2012 at 13:52

Hi guys - target time still 3.10, fortune favours the brave!

16/11/2012 at 14:05

Good luck Cooks....can we do any online stalking / tracking for the result?

Got out there eventually...and yes, it was cold and dank, but at least it wasn't windy or raining. 7.5 miles in an hour dead, felt nice.

Tomorrow I am having another calf massage, followed by a haircut, followed by lots of TV watching (rugby, strictly, x-factor, IAC...) for which I expect some wine will be in order .  Sunday I'm planning 14 miles LSR.

16/11/2012 at 14:40
Cooks- be braver--- as near 3hrs as you can. You know you want to...good luck
Barry- tempting. Are you signed up?
Free- good run at a good pace. Busy weekend for you then.
16/11/2012 at 15:02

ST- (((Hugs))) I'm glad they have found the cause of your stroke and hope you can get that appointment in before christmas.

Good luck this weekend to Chick, Oompa, Barry,Cooks, Minni??, and anyone else who I have missed off the list, go smash those targets.

I have just completed 14miles avg 8:49mm so I can have a good evening on Saturday and not run with a hangover on sunday, Bliss.

Have a great weekend everyone.

16/11/2012 at 15:14

Freemers - I don't think there will be scope for online stalking, the website is very Spanish so I wouldn't necessarily know even if there was!  I aim to do a quick check in with an unofficial time on Sunday afternoon tho......

2old - I like it! However, I see this one as my first realistic chance of a Boston qualifier, which has come a lot earlier than thought so want to give myself everychance of banking that before thinking of quicker.  Although my half times aren't too shabby, I have previous for significant positive splits at marathon distance..........3.10 is still 15 and a half mins faster than I've run before!

16/11/2012 at 16:03

We'll be waiting for your update then Cooks - very excited for you, it would be great to get the BQ time and 3.10 would just be amazing

Good luck to everyone else racing too

Gazelle - I fear I may be doing my 14 with a hangover! You've done the sensible thing!

16/11/2012 at 16:38
Good luck Cooks
M.r Zuvai    pirate
16/11/2012 at 16:42

you'll smash it cooks!

16/11/2012 at 16:47

Cheers guys - off now to pick up the toddler & show her the pics of her new sis/bro to be

16/11/2012 at 17:18

so your ears must have been ringing yesterday, cooks . We were all wondering what you were up to. Exciting times for the family with little cookster number 2! Best of luck for Valencia.

Minni: I guess you've decided to run anyway ... BUT coughing that much is not a good sign. I underestimated a bad bout of bronchitis one year when we were rock climbing in the Alps and I didn't want to miss out on the action. It was in the summer but up in the mountains it's damn cold and getting up there makes you sweat buckets and in terms of exertion I'd say it's similar to a hard race. 3 months later doctors told me I had developed asthma because I ignored the chest infection back then and I would have to inhale steroids for the rest of my life. It doesn't bother me most of the time but when its cold and damp out there I can't breathe and dust is nearly killing me. You really don't want this, so perhaps it's time to rest up for a while? You can still drink, you know ...

Becs: that sounds like a piece of good news. Hope the chiro is right.

Ant & ST: that's two of you with holes in ther hearts. Scary! Is one born that way or do you get them when you scuba dive too much??

Well, pyramid didn't happen last night. When I finally got home and was out there the fog had returned. I tried anyway but ended up a wheezing and swearing wreck. Took about 5 minutes to recover and jogged a slow 7 miles in the end. This morning was better. Fog had lifted and I got 11 miles in with a pyramid of 200-400-600-800-1000-1000-800-600-400-200 in the middle. Did it at 10k pace and it felt . Sunday will be no fun. At least the calf is almost back to normal. I'd say it's 95% there. I could still feel it but it was faint and it didn't seize. So far it hasn't cramped either. Guess the marathon is now definitely out of them legs

16/11/2012 at 18:27
Thanks Chick. I've almost decided not to race because my chest is worse today.

On another note, I've arrived in Edinburgh for a posh meal at a Country House. I've go the nice dress and jewellery etc but I've forgotten by shoes and only have my patent clogs I wore for work today. Doh not having a good shoe week.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.