RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

22,881 to 22,900 of 36,987 messages
16/11/2012 at 10:57

Anyone wanting a Berlin place for next year there are 2500 places unsold which are going on offer tomorrow 6:00pm(CET).

Cooks -  Good luck for Sunday, target time?

Brol -  Yeah, managed to get a med cert, eventually,  from Doctors.

16/11/2012 at 13:52

Hi guys - target time still 3.10, fortune favours the brave!

16/11/2012 at 14:05

Good luck Cooks....can we do any online stalking / tracking for the result?

Got out there eventually...and yes, it was cold and dank, but at least it wasn't windy or raining. 7.5 miles in an hour dead, felt nice.

Tomorrow I am having another calf massage, followed by a haircut, followed by lots of TV watching (rugby, strictly, x-factor, IAC...) for which I expect some wine will be in order .  Sunday I'm planning 14 miles LSR.

16/11/2012 at 14:40
Cooks- be braver--- as near 3hrs as you can. You know you want to...good luck
Barry- tempting. Are you signed up?
Free- good run at a good pace. Busy weekend for you then.
16/11/2012 at 15:02

ST- (((Hugs))) I'm glad they have found the cause of your stroke and hope you can get that appointment in before christmas.

Good luck this weekend to Chick, Oompa, Barry,Cooks, Minni??, and anyone else who I have missed off the list, go smash those targets.

I have just completed 14miles avg 8:49mm so I can have a good evening on Saturday and not run with a hangover on sunday, Bliss.

Have a great weekend everyone.

16/11/2012 at 15:14

Freemers - I don't think there will be scope for online stalking, the website is very Spanish so I wouldn't necessarily know even if there was!  I aim to do a quick check in with an unofficial time on Sunday afternoon tho......

2old - I like it! However, I see this one as my first realistic chance of a Boston qualifier, which has come a lot earlier than thought so want to give myself everychance of banking that before thinking of quicker.  Although my half times aren't too shabby, I have previous for significant positive splits at marathon distance..........3.10 is still 15 and a half mins faster than I've run before!

16/11/2012 at 16:03

We'll be waiting for your update then Cooks - very excited for you, it would be great to get the BQ time and 3.10 would just be amazing

Good luck to everyone else racing too

Gazelle - I fear I may be doing my 14 with a hangover! You've done the sensible thing!

16/11/2012 at 16:38
Good luck Cooks
M.r Zuvai    pirate
16/11/2012 at 16:42

you'll smash it cooks!

16/11/2012 at 16:47

Cheers guys - off now to pick up the toddler & show her the pics of her new sis/bro to be

16/11/2012 at 17:18

so your ears must have been ringing yesterday, cooks . We were all wondering what you were up to. Exciting times for the family with little cookster number 2! Best of luck for Valencia.

Minni: I guess you've decided to run anyway ... BUT coughing that much is not a good sign. I underestimated a bad bout of bronchitis one year when we were rock climbing in the Alps and I didn't want to miss out on the action. It was in the summer but up in the mountains it's damn cold and getting up there makes you sweat buckets and in terms of exertion I'd say it's similar to a hard race. 3 months later doctors told me I had developed asthma because I ignored the chest infection back then and I would have to inhale steroids for the rest of my life. It doesn't bother me most of the time but when its cold and damp out there I can't breathe and dust is nearly killing me. You really don't want this, so perhaps it's time to rest up for a while? You can still drink, you know ...

Becs: that sounds like a piece of good news. Hope the chiro is right.

Ant & ST: that's two of you with holes in ther hearts. Scary! Is one born that way or do you get them when you scuba dive too much??

Well, pyramid didn't happen last night. When I finally got home and was out there the fog had returned. I tried anyway but ended up a wheezing and swearing wreck. Took about 5 minutes to recover and jogged a slow 7 miles in the end. This morning was better. Fog had lifted and I got 11 miles in with a pyramid of 200-400-600-800-1000-1000-800-600-400-200 in the middle. Did it at 10k pace and it felt . Sunday will be no fun. At least the calf is almost back to normal. I'd say it's 95% there. I could still feel it but it was faint and it didn't seize. So far it hasn't cramped either. Guess the marathon is now definitely out of them legs

16/11/2012 at 18:27
Thanks Chick. I've almost decided not to race because my chest is worse today.

On another note, I've arrived in Edinburgh for a posh meal at a Country House. I've go the nice dress and jewellery etc but I've forgotten by shoes and only have my patent clogs I wore for work today. Doh not having a good shoe week.
16/11/2012 at 21:40

Cheers for all the tips about where to run on Sunday morning 2old and FRC, will see where I end up and report back

What's the strategy for Sunday Cooks? Hope the knee holds out and the thunderstorm holds off!! Running in thunderstorms is fun for a few miles but not a marathon worth of miles. You'll do really well on Sunday, have faith in yourself.

Daren - go on Sunday and do what you do best!

Enjoy the do Minni, at least with a meal you can keep your feet hidden under the table!

You enjoyed the pyramid really Chick, good to hear the calf is getting better.

16/11/2012 at 21:45

Minni - wear your running shoes. I'm sure you'll have them.

Cooks - best of luck. Go smash it!

I'm on another rest day and missing my drinks. Wine and Lemsip.

16/11/2012 at 22:06
Red wine cures the cough...
16/11/2012 at 22:44
Minni- enjoy the vino
Cooks- good luck in Valencia. I didn't see this one when I was looking for an alternative mara after NY. It looks good. Go and smash it!
16/11/2012 at 23:59
Lucky you didn't, probably would've been a hurricane

Good luck Cooks, and the others running half & 10ks.
Dubai Dave    pirate
17/11/2012 at 06:05
Morning

Cooks: good luck your flying at the moment

Daren ; as above

2Old: the marathon is the A race. The schedule in Jan is no worse than the next few weeks. Next week 23/11 Olympic Tri, 30/11 5 mile run, 7/12 1/2 M. 14/12 92K bike race, 15/12 10K.

Yesterday's bike ride was a no dramas day started at 0530and kept pedalling for 6 hours and 39 minutes up and over the mountains back down to the sea. 221K or about 140 miles, average speed 32.7K or a bit over 20MPH. Scary bit was seeing 83KPH (50MPH) on my Garmin as I went down the back of the mountain. Sore bum today,may trot later
Edited: 17/11/2012 at 06:33
17/11/2012 at 07:30

140 miles at over 20 mph including a mountain to climb?

Still on Lemsip here. Breathing is not good either so yet another rest day

17/11/2012 at 07:59

DD - Excellent ride @20mph ave. I might just give that leg shaving a go.

Spoons - Wise decision, Minni would still be out running, coughing and spluttering eveywhere.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.