RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

22,921 to 22,940 of 36,987 messages
17/11/2012 at 16:36
Minni and Chick- get better soon ladies!
17/11/2012 at 16:40
Nice one Spoons.

Kiwi - glad to see you're now hooked on spinning!

FRC - sounds fast but you forgot to post your time. No doubt you were awesome.
17/11/2012 at 16:53
I'm off to drink tequila. Not sure it's such a good idea. It was planned well in advance as a 'letting my hair down party' after NY but it didn't quite work out this way. Will treat it as part of my carbo loading strategy instead
17/11/2012 at 17:35
Brol, Enjoy the taper tequila

Minni, was aiming for anything under 1:30.

My PB for 4 years & during injury was 1:39:47 till last Nov with 1:36, then March a soft 1:35. Today, 1:29:29. Pleased does not cover it.

Thanks to all posting tips, reports, whatever. I read them all. Do miss Shaggys though, especially on a day like today
Edited: 17/11/2012 at 17:40
17/11/2012 at 18:22
FRC- a HM on a Saturday? What's that all about? Anyway brilliant PB. Not sure Minni will forgive you !
Simon - yes not really worth driving 12 -15?miles for a parkrun. I suppose you could bike it there and back then it might be. That's got me thinking ...
Chick - another ready for the sick bed . Hope you get to the start line tomorrow
O4S- there's a lot to be said for running by feel rather than using a heart rate monitor or Garmin. Not sure how you work out equal distances though unless you do repeats of a known stretch. Looks more of a wedge than a pyramid..bit like the cake you eat on an ultra probably.
Oomp- better to run walk than DNS unless even that makes an injury worse.
Didn't do anything today. That's two in a row and not feeling guilty. Might try an easy run tomorrow.
17/11/2012 at 18:25
FRC- just seen your time. Brilliant PB- I know how you feel . I never thought I would be able to do an 80 something HM again. Which HM was it?
17/11/2012 at 19:01

2old - I'm all for secret racing. Sometimes its nice just to take the pressure off.

Simon/2old - not really worth driving 12m for a parkrun??   I can't believe you just said that.  If I have a race within 30m of me I think its on my doorstep.  My nearest parkrun is 50 miles away.  The race tomorrow is a 200m round trip and I even consider that as local!

Oompa - take it easy.  I can't figure out why you're doing it if your calf is sore though.

Brol - tequila night sounds fab and I bet you don't have much of a hangover tomorrow.  I once had a night on straight vodka and felt as fresh as a daisy the next day.

I'm hoping to test out my new spikes tomorrow on a jaunt with the dogs, now that I'm not racing.

17/11/2012 at 19:15

FRC  - Congrats on the PB.

Daren -  Very impressive 5K.

Brol -  Drinking a week before a mara nearly as bad as racing a 10K.

17/11/2012 at 19:42

2old - would have been a pyramid if I had been on my own, but had a sneaking suspicion [unfounded as it turned out] that BA was lost!!

Good luck to all tomorrow's racers!!

Minni - I assume you are not using the spikes on the dogs??

Daren - what does that equate to for your spring marathon

Spoons - I am guessing it was a soft 2.02

17/11/2012 at 20:18

Chinese takeaway and wine here. Not racing tomorrow due to breathing not right.

12 miles for a park run sounds close to me too!

17/11/2012 at 20:28
Spoons - ditto for me too. This weekend has consisted of drinking wine and watching Reading beat everton!! Whoop!!

Cooks - good luck tomorrow.

Daren - well done for today.

Hope the calf injury bench is reducing.

Bro - enjoy your night! Don't feel guilty

Minni, chick, spoons - hope you all feel better soon.
17/11/2012 at 20:35
Minni- I know what you mean ..sometimes it helps to switch off . Re travel 12 miles - that's probably why my 5k pb is my oldest pb-2005- and in fact it's the only 5k done. If I travel further a whole new world of race opportunity could open up. New spikes? ... Like a child with a new toy. My physio thought it was my new running shoes that caused my calf problem. ..how many different shoes am I going to get trough before I avoid injury?
Barry- I had a beer the night before my last HM...could I have gone faster without it or should I have had two?
Bro- better to have your head in a good place for the marathon...even if its with a headache!
17/11/2012 at 21:08
2old - Now look what you've done, we're in trouble now with Minni.
But joking aside, re biking to Preston for the Ykw, that's just what I thought of doing this summer when the weather was good, and plenty of daylight. That sounds like it could be a plan for us, if you fancy it.

Brol - Shouldn't you be practicing drinking Rioja, or are you an expert already ( smiley face).

Minni - I presume you mean xc spikes, as apposed to track spikes.
17/11/2012 at 21:55

FRC - great running

DD - love being in a fast peleton, sounds like a great ride

Spoons - good decision not to race so soon after a marathon...

Couldnt feel calf this morning, did a (very) slow short 3M test run ttoday and it felt OK during and when gardening after.  Good news.  Going to mtb tomorrow and run again Monday.

Driving 20M to my current local ykw in scotland does feel excessive when I've got 2 within 2 miles jog from me in London.  I've heard that there may be a new one starting thats only 10M away - looking forward to it getting going!

Race well tomorrow those who are out there.  Go speedy Cooks.

17/11/2012 at 21:59
Simon - yes XC spikes. I've never worn them before - I usually just wear my fell shoes but I had a voucher to spend so thought if treat myself. There are very light - I guess that's what your minimalist ones feel like too.

Race well Chick, Ant and Cooks. Remember, don't be shit and HTFU!
17/11/2012 at 22:34
Simon- good idea but I will have to try and draft behind you ...I'm no cyclist. It will be a good brick session
KFC- glad to hear you ran without calf trouble. Hope to o the same tomorrow. Where are the London ones. It's worth knowing for my occasional trips there.
Good racing tomorrow Chick Ant and go for 3 hrs Cooks.
Now MoD.
17/11/2012 at 23:40
Minni - Yes I've never tried them either, but they always look pretty light. But I think ok for grass, but not great for ankle deep mud.

2old - No chance you can draft behind me. I need the head start for when you woop my ar*e at the 5k. I'll PM you some dates when I'm off at the w/ends.
Yes just waiting for Liverpool to come on MoTD also.
Dubai Dave    pirate
18/11/2012 at 06:10

Morning

Darren: That's a speedy 5K particularly when you don't have the adrenaline rush of a race.

FRC: What can I say? Awesome run, 6 minutes is a huge chunk.

Not looking forward to having to travel miles to race when i get back to the UK though looking at the various websites the area I'm going back to looks fairly well covered with races, its not like living in Minni's wilderness.

I did fit in a 8K run yesterday, then drank quite a few ciders with friends, DD1 said it was a "fancy" bar b que, not really sure what he meant by that! 

will swim a 2K set at lunch, run 10K + tonight. Today was the first truly cool morning of winter 17C when I climbed in the car to come to work.

18/11/2012 at 06:10
KFC - good news about the calf you back in Scotland permanently now?
18/11/2012 at 07:51

A fancy BBQ? That means more than sausages and burgers I guess!

DD - will you move back to the south west?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.