RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

22,941 to 22,960 of 37,126 messages
18/11/2012 at 12:46

I was shit ...  I mean REALLY shit

FRC ran a PB by 6 mins . Fantastic and heartfelt congrats!!

I ran a PW by 6 mins

Well, I didn't even try, TBH. Slept badly, felt rubbish this morning but not rubbish enough to bin the race. So I jogged. My HR was through the roof instantly so I had to slow to MP and then some more. Time was 50:54 - how shit is that?? Nevermind, I am feeling a lot better and I think running, albeit very carefully, killed off the cold.

Hope Ant and Cooks have a better day today. An FRC type day

Bro: Enjoy the tequila

Spoons. wrote (see)

Daren - great 5km there - I was going to run a marathon today but couldn't find my number so ran 26.2 on my own anyway. Finished in 2:02 which is a PB for me.......

PML, spoons

18/11/2012 at 12:47

haha simon, he's not all that handy around the house.

18/11/2012 at 12:49

Oh dear Chicka.   But if its not to be then dropping the pace right down is the answer.  Onwards and upwards....

18/11/2012 at 12:50
Morning ? all
No news of the racers yet or how Minni enjoyed her new spikes?
Simon- got your pm and will reply later if that's ok
ST- yes I look at the peletons that pass me when I'm running and their old blue and shivering cold. DD- are you sure you want to come back to this?
O4S- that race is what you should be called. Sounds fun but I think I'd rather sit in a warm pub with a pint ,I think. ....then again ..maybe I want to do one too. Even all the calories of a full Xmas dinner isn't going o fuel what you've got planned. I'll be skiing.
AA-rib of beef for me.
Got out today and nervously started my first run since last Sunday . Slow start on flat quiet country lanes in cool sunshine. Had no idea how long I'd run for .Anyway all seemed to be fine at first and it continued that way for the full 13.4 miles I got through. Last 3 .4miles 7.30 mm or faster and average pace 7.44 mm. So ,touch wood that niggle may be gone. Looking forward to a bit more running next week.
Now which racer is going to report in first?
18/11/2012 at 12:51

that PB sheet will have to wait a little while longer

18/11/2012 at 12:59

Swindon 10k for me this morning and what's going on with me and these pesky 8 seconds, 3:15:08 at Abingdon and 40:08 this morning.  Happy enough, 46 seconds quicker than last year. 

Should really be called Wroughton 10K as it is down country lanes outside the village.  Great running conditions, cold, sunny and no wind.  Lots of people turned up to enter on the day, due to conditions I think, so race start delayed 5 mins. K splits as follows:

3:48
3:55
3:54
3:58
4:08
4:00
4:00
4:08
4:14
4:10
Course is flatish, 2 loops with slight inclines at 5 and again at 9, started to hurt from 8k onwards and nothing left to push on at the end but  6:29 avg pace so pleased with that and always difficult to pace a 10K.

18/11/2012 at 13:00

nice one, Barry

And a positive run 2old. Hope that's the injury gone then!!

18/11/2012 at 13:00
3.19ish, hot, threw up, but hey a new Pb more detail in the week..... hope everyone ok!
18/11/2012 at 13:01
Chick- don't worry about it. Put it down to experience. We can't expect every race to be a pb and I don't believe they can be anyway. My niggle reminded me that its all about just getting out and doing it .A disappointing run is better than not being able to run.
18/11/2012 at 13:07
Barry- great 10k. I did my 10 k a week before my marathon 4 seconds quicker so you should mirror my marathon time all being equal.
Cooks- that's a great time in hot conditions. I've heard that
very hot conditions can lead to the pace run dropping by up toa minute a mile.
Chick- fingers crossed my calf is ok but I'm not getting carried away about it just yet
18/11/2012 at 13:55

Cooks, PB . Very well done with the conditions against you.

Also, FRC  what an incredible chunk to take off your time. Sometimes it's nice to keep a race low key by not having too many people know about it beforehand.

Barry, well raced and a good improvement over last year.

Chick, sometimes you can feel not great on the day and still have a good one and sometimes not. Sounds like you made all the right decisions about how to pace it, and I'd be pleased with that time even when well. Hope you feel better soon.

Minni, hope you feel better soon as well. Look after yourself.

2Old, good that you're back in action. Sounds positive.

DD, I've never ridden in a peleton but enjoy the few rides I've done with my OH as it feels like you're flying along when tucked in behind someone.

Bro, how's the head today?

O4S, that's some racing schedule!

Bit behind everyone else but finally saw Skyfall last night. Really enjoyed it and found a nice new cinema with a bar attached so could enjoy a glass of wine during the film . Not training this weekend as resting my knees and also have a cold. Expecting to have long days at work this week but hopefully this should be the last one for a bit and I'll then have a bit more time to make it easier to starting building back up.

18/11/2012 at 13:57
Barry - great 10km, a lovely day out for racing.

Cooks well done on another p.b, very speedy sir!

2old good to see yoyr calf behaved today.

Chick - don't worry about your p.w, you listened to your body which is important.

Minni - flag the decorating, sounds like you need rest!

Been busy with school wirk this morning, planning to pop out later for 5 miles+ hoping legs won't be too tired after spin ystrday!
18/11/2012 at 14:00
Cooks - brilliant! Well done!! Nice new pb and still more to come I'd say.

Barry - nice 10k.
M.r Zuvai    pirate
18/11/2012 at 14:22

fantastic results cooks and barry

lovely cycle for me today

18/11/2012 at 14:24

Great stuff, cooks! 3:19 is awesome, especially if hot

Thanks for all your lovely comments. It wasn't an A race anyway and there's 4 more of these, one each month. So, roll on December

18/11/2012 at 14:52

Cooks - Well done on a Pb , looking forward to the race report.

Chick - So if this wasn't an A race, these other 4, are they B,C,D and E races. Well done for finishing anyway.

Barry - Year on year improvement is always good.

2old - Glad to hear the niggle seems to be sorted, I bet it was nice out there this morning.

Mr Z - Did you top DD's 200k monster bike ride, or something more leisurely?

18/11/2012 at 15:06
Cooks - 3.19 is brilliant, especially if it's hot, so well done

Chick - you did the right thing in slowing down. And you'll nail the next one

Barry - those 8 seconds are haunting you! It's still a fantastic result

FRC - wow- another great PB and sub 90!

Minni - good decision. Get better and come back fighting in the next one

Lovely day for a LSR today - 14 miles in the sunshine, really enjoyed that
18/11/2012 at 15:07

Chick - don't worry about it. You can't always win.

Barry - damn those 8 seconds! Good time there.

Cooks - amazing well done.

18/11/2012 at 16:35

just checked the results -- 9th lady and first in age group . I guess there must have been a few others that had a shit day

18/11/2012 at 17:39
Cooks and Barry- great racing.
Barry- I am sure doing a 10k a week before the marathon is much better for you than getting sloshed on tequila)
Chick- it just wasn't your day. Good call to drop the pace. Bring on the next one!
My head hurts like hell but it was good fun Right, back on the wagon I have a race to run next week.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.