RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

22,941 to 22,960 of 37,089 messages
18/11/2012 at 09:45

DD - If you wear LOUD hawaiian shirts, maybe mstr DD thinks it's fancy dress

18/11/2012 at 09:54
DD - I think there's quite a few around you if you're going back to Wiltshire. Fancy BBQ in November?! Enjoy that treat haha!
18/11/2012 at 09:54
Roast turkey for me today
Dubai Dave    pirate
18/11/2012 at 10:04

Spoons: Going to Mere on the Wiltshire / Dorset border.

18/11/2012 at 10:16

DD:  I have just entered 'Plain Crazy', a 12 mile off-road run on 27th December across parts of Salisbury Plain [including a tank graveyeard].  Right on your doorstep when you are back, so will expect to see you there next year!!

Have just entered 5 races, including 4 in 7 days after Christmas [Boxing day to New Year's Day], which should stop us from over-indulging too much

Come on racers!!

18/11/2012 at 10:20

DD - handy for the North Dorset marathon.

My old stomping ground is just south of you, around Bridport, Dorchester, Sherbourne, Blandford, Crewkerne etc. nice part of the world. Except for the people who are all a bit backwards.....

Dubai Dave    pirate
18/11/2012 at 10:58

O4S:have looked at the photos of the Plain Crazy 2011, it looks very cold and grey but I suspect you may just see me there in 2013. thats a heavy race schedule over the festive season.

Spoons: Most of my family come from Cornwall so were all a bit backward, I might even ave to start talking proper again. 

AA:November is the best month of the year for bar-b-ques here and you can be damn sure its not going to rain.

Scuba Trooper    pirate
18/11/2012 at 11:17

DD- amazing ride.

FRC - Congratulations, not a surprise and well earned.

Daren - great 5k especially as it wasn't a race.

Minni - Good choose not to race this weekend. What is it with you and shoes at the moment?

Bro - I've never been to a tequila party and don't think it would be a good idea to start now. hows the hangover? Good move getting the run in first

Whats with all the pyramid sessions? Are you all mad or sadists.

Bit late to wish racers luck but I'm looking forward to the race reports and hopeful some more pbs.

Sounds like good progress on the calf front for most.

First 8miles on my new (second hand) bike in about 30mins, god its cold on a bike compared to running (it was about 1C at 8:00 this morning).

Ant P - I'll send you a message later, been a busy couple of days but it would be great to ask you a few (well maybe a quite a few) questions.

18/11/2012 at 12:07

Spoons/DD - I wouldn't say they are backward, inbreeds where I live, but all the kids give each other high sixs.

ST - Yes, factor in the wind chill speed as you bomb along on your bike and it's def brass monkey weather.

18/11/2012 at 12:40

awaiting results... Ant? Cooks? Chicka

Really glad I called the race off today as I'm no better.  Not even going to test out the spikes with the dogs.   However, I seem to have agreed to wallpaper my daughter's bedroom instead.

18/11/2012 at 12:44

Here's the PB sheet ready for the racers.....

18/11/2012 at 12:46

Minni - Have you told Mr Minni that he's got to decorate Miss Minnis bedroom yet.

18/11/2012 at 12:46

I was shit ...  I mean REALLY shit

FRC ran a PB by 6 mins . Fantastic and heartfelt congrats!!

I ran a PW by 6 mins

Well, I didn't even try, TBH. Slept badly, felt rubbish this morning but not rubbish enough to bin the race. So I jogged. My HR was through the roof instantly so I had to slow to MP and then some more. Time was 50:54 - how shit is that?? Nevermind, I am feeling a lot better and I think running, albeit very carefully, killed off the cold.

Hope Ant and Cooks have a better day today. An FRC type day

Bro: Enjoy the tequila

Spoons. wrote (see)

Daren - great 5km there - I was going to run a marathon today but couldn't find my number so ran 26.2 on my own anyway. Finished in 2:02 which is a PB for me.......

PML, spoons

18/11/2012 at 12:47

haha simon, he's not all that handy around the house.

18/11/2012 at 12:49

Oh dear Chicka.   But if its not to be then dropping the pace right down is the answer.  Onwards and upwards....

18/11/2012 at 12:50
Morning ? all
No news of the racers yet or how Minni enjoyed her new spikes?
Simon- got your pm and will reply later if that's ok
ST- yes I look at the peletons that pass me when I'm running and their old blue and shivering cold. DD- are you sure you want to come back to this?
O4S- that race is what you should be called. Sounds fun but I think I'd rather sit in a warm pub with a pint ,I think. ....then again ..maybe I want to do one too. Even all the calories of a full Xmas dinner isn't going o fuel what you've got planned. I'll be skiing.
AA-rib of beef for me.
Got out today and nervously started my first run since last Sunday . Slow start on flat quiet country lanes in cool sunshine. Had no idea how long I'd run for .Anyway all seemed to be fine at first and it continued that way for the full 13.4 miles I got through. Last 3 .4miles 7.30 mm or faster and average pace 7.44 mm. So ,touch wood that niggle may be gone. Looking forward to a bit more running next week.
Now which racer is going to report in first?
18/11/2012 at 12:51

that PB sheet will have to wait a little while longer

18/11/2012 at 12:59

Swindon 10k for me this morning and what's going on with me and these pesky 8 seconds, 3:15:08 at Abingdon and 40:08 this morning.  Happy enough, 46 seconds quicker than last year. 

Should really be called Wroughton 10K as it is down country lanes outside the village.  Great running conditions, cold, sunny and no wind.  Lots of people turned up to enter on the day, due to conditions I think, so race start delayed 5 mins. K splits as follows:

3:48
3:55
3:54
3:58
4:08
4:00
4:00
4:08
4:14
4:10
Course is flatish, 2 loops with slight inclines at 5 and again at 9, started to hurt from 8k onwards and nothing left to push on at the end but  6:29 avg pace so pleased with that and always difficult to pace a 10K.

18/11/2012 at 13:00

nice one, Barry

And a positive run 2old. Hope that's the injury gone then!!

18/11/2012 at 13:00
3.19ish, hot, threw up, but hey a new Pb more detail in the week..... hope everyone ok!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.