RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

22,961 to 22,980 of 36,987 messages
18/11/2012 at 13:01
Chick- don't worry about it. Put it down to experience. We can't expect every race to be a pb and I don't believe they can be anyway. My niggle reminded me that its all about just getting out and doing it .A disappointing run is better than not being able to run.
18/11/2012 at 13:07
Barry- great 10k. I did my 10 k a week before my marathon 4 seconds quicker so you should mirror my marathon time all being equal.
Cooks- that's a great time in hot conditions. I've heard that
very hot conditions can lead to the pace run dropping by up toa minute a mile.
Chick- fingers crossed my calf is ok but I'm not getting carried away about it just yet
18/11/2012 at 13:55

Cooks, PB . Very well done with the conditions against you.

Also, FRC  what an incredible chunk to take off your time. Sometimes it's nice to keep a race low key by not having too many people know about it beforehand.

Barry, well raced and a good improvement over last year.

Chick, sometimes you can feel not great on the day and still have a good one and sometimes not. Sounds like you made all the right decisions about how to pace it, and I'd be pleased with that time even when well. Hope you feel better soon.

Minni, hope you feel better soon as well. Look after yourself.

2Old, good that you're back in action. Sounds positive.

DD, I've never ridden in a peleton but enjoy the few rides I've done with my OH as it feels like you're flying along when tucked in behind someone.

Bro, how's the head today?

O4S, that's some racing schedule!

Bit behind everyone else but finally saw Skyfall last night. Really enjoyed it and found a nice new cinema with a bar attached so could enjoy a glass of wine during the film . Not training this weekend as resting my knees and also have a cold. Expecting to have long days at work this week but hopefully this should be the last one for a bit and I'll then have a bit more time to make it easier to starting building back up.

18/11/2012 at 13:57
Barry - great 10km, a lovely day out for racing.

Cooks well done on another p.b, very speedy sir!

2old good to see yoyr calf behaved today.

Chick - don't worry about your p.w, you listened to your body which is important.

Minni - flag the decorating, sounds like you need rest!

Been busy with school wirk this morning, planning to pop out later for 5 miles+ hoping legs won't be too tired after spin ystrday!
18/11/2012 at 14:00
Cooks - brilliant! Well done!! Nice new pb and still more to come I'd say.

Barry - nice 10k.
M.r Zuvai    pirate
18/11/2012 at 14:22

fantastic results cooks and barry

lovely cycle for me today

18/11/2012 at 14:24

Great stuff, cooks! 3:19 is awesome, especially if hot

Thanks for all your lovely comments. It wasn't an A race anyway and there's 4 more of these, one each month. So, roll on December

18/11/2012 at 14:52

Cooks - Well done on a Pb , looking forward to the race report.

Chick - So if this wasn't an A race, these other 4, are they B,C,D and E races. Well done for finishing anyway.

Barry - Year on year improvement is always good.

2old - Glad to hear the niggle seems to be sorted, I bet it was nice out there this morning.

Mr Z - Did you top DD's 200k monster bike ride, or something more leisurely?

18/11/2012 at 15:06
Cooks - 3.19 is brilliant, especially if it's hot, so well done

Chick - you did the right thing in slowing down. And you'll nail the next one

Barry - those 8 seconds are haunting you! It's still a fantastic result

FRC - wow- another great PB and sub 90!

Minni - good decision. Get better and come back fighting in the next one

Lovely day for a LSR today - 14 miles in the sunshine, really enjoyed that
18/11/2012 at 15:07

Chick - don't worry about it. You can't always win.

Barry - damn those 8 seconds! Good time there.

Cooks - amazing well done.

18/11/2012 at 16:35

just checked the results -- 9th lady and first in age group . I guess there must have been a few others that had a shit day

18/11/2012 at 17:39
Cooks and Barry- great racing.
Barry- I am sure doing a 10k a week before the marathon is much better for you than getting sloshed on tequila)
Chick- it just wasn't your day. Good call to drop the pace. Bring on the next one!
My head hurts like hell but it was good fun Right, back on the wagon I have a race to run next week.
18/11/2012 at 18:05
Cooks - Well done on the PB, great time, especially as you re-visited your breakfast!

FRC - A belated well done for your new half pb.

Chick - As Minnie said, if it's not to be... Onwards and upwards. This might make you feel better...

Well I don't think I'll be bothering anyone on the pb spreadsheet after today's performance...

Beautiful day in Brighton for running... Cool and sunny. Would've had PB written all over it if fit! Went for a very short w/up with OH, back to the car to get rid of hats trackies etc... Unfortunately as we approached the start line on Madeira Drive I felt the calf tighten (no pop this time though). Was 50/50 as to whether to run but decided to give it a go.
First 1.5 km to the turn was horrible, crowded and painful, however once heading back towards Hove the calf started to feel okay'ish so I left OH and started passing all the stragglers. Was running naked so had no clue as to my time, but felt okay going through 5k. Got to the turn at Hove and the slight incline that you wouldn't notice ordinarily put paid to the calf and then struggled to the finish line in a slowest ever time of 47.51!
However, all things considered, I'm glad I ran and can now rest without any races, so that I can (hopefully)be fit for New Year VLM training.
18/11/2012 at 18:18

Oompa - that's not a slow 10k at all!  Definitely concentrate on getting ready for marathon training now.

Chick - forget the time - you are a WINNER!

Ant - come on and put us out our misery.

Decorating done, roast dinner almost ready then I'm going to flop.

18/11/2012 at 19:39

OMG - if these are all slow 10k times [please tell me that it wasn't really a 6 minute PW Chick] I think I will stick to ultras. Were you all just born fast??

Congrats to Barry and The Cookster - great runs.

Chick - that may be shit for you but I'm with Becs on this one.  Well done on getting round and hopefully banishing the cold.

Spent today organising and washing up after a neighbour's 90th birthday 'do' at lunchtime so no running, just a brisk walk for an hour to shake out the cobwebs.

18/11/2012 at 20:14
Chick - don't worry and well done for finishing.

Cooks - amazing time. Hope you're ok.

Minni - it could be the plague. Rest up

Spoons - how you feeling?

Kiwi - hope you got through the 5 miles ok today.
18/11/2012 at 20:28

Cooks - great pb, looking forward to hearing more

Barry - great pb, so close...  Whens the next 10k for you?

Chick - roll on the next races in the series - I'm sure you'll have a pb and will love 10k's by the end of the series!  (and probably a clutch of bling too)

Oompa - eek, hows the calf feeling now?

AA - just in scotland until xmas. Its all a bit complicated right now, I'm split between Scotland, London, and the South Downs, and likely to be doing short bits of work all over for the next year.  My retirement is turning out to be rather difficult to organise!

2old - my local ones in London are Hackney marshes (same as Kev - if you are still about Kev hello!) and Mile end.  Theres 37 of them all around town though so plenty to choose from.

18/11/2012 at 20:35

Taking precautions for the calf so no running today, but found a gem of a mtb trail centre just 20mins away.  Fast flowing jumpy pumpy stuff, whippetted round the 10k loop twice with a big smile on my face.  Gonna take some of my old school mates there over xmas and convert them to biking

Haven't heard a peek from the calf today so looking good for a lunchtime run tomorrow

18/11/2012 at 20:45

Aw bugger.  Just entered Edinburgh marathon...

18/11/2012 at 21:20
Minni - Thanks for the kind words but i was shit!

KFC - Calf v sore at the moment but (and this is the frustrating bit) it'll feel fine in the morning??? I've never known an injury like it!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.