RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

23,201 to 23,220 of 37,110 messages
23/11/2012 at 13:42
A sure sign you're still recovering DD. That and the added work of being a single parent. I don't know what Mrs DD was thinking leaving you at an important time in the racing calendar...

I have a 5 mile race tomorrow. I'm still coughing and will make a decision tonight after my outside run whether I think it's on or not. I'm keen to do it at HMP (which is only about 2 seconds slower than my 10k pace, 3 seconds 5k)
23/11/2012 at 13:46

Get in DD - he who wacks hardest wins My gym has an outdoor heated pool. Its quite nice in winter actually. Just make sure you wear a cap or your head will freeze. 

O4S - arrgh, I'd be going mental if I had water running through my ceiling. 

Best of luck to all the racers, both marathoners and half marathoners. The weather here today is lovely, hard to believe that another storm is due.

My headtorch trail run was fun last night despite the gale. I did wonder whether we'd end up with a tree across us all, but luckily they all stayed standing. Felt like damn hard work though so I guess that's a good thing!

5K handicap for me on Sat  am, followed by XC on Sunday. I'll be taking it easy after that...

Cheers, Ant

23/11/2012 at 13:47

DD - nice report, no bling and an equalled pb. Proper shit!

Norwich weather reports brings back horrible memories for me

O4S - you are getting all the crap weather aren't you. Hope you get your house sorted...and your lurgy (())

Back into double figures for me this morning for the first time since TM. 11 miles done on the treadmill. The lanes are all flooded here and couldn't be bothered to run along main roads  Jeremy Kyle kept me entertained though

23/11/2012 at 14:00
Similar to 2old's Superman, Martin H from next door ran VLM dressed as a purple fairy. He pb'd at something like 2:47.... Never under estimate the fancy dresser.

O4S - sounds like a nightmare. Go to bed and sleep through it.

Ant - tough week for you after your half. Keep an eye on that calf and make sure it doesn't start to play up again. You need to tick over for another few weeks then start the marathon training.

KFC - how did the physio go?

AA - glad to see you've finally got off your backside!
23/11/2012 at 15:36

2old - 5 mile runs are where it's at

DD - Wot no bling?

I'm off to bowling with the cubs.....

23/11/2012 at 15:52

Bro & Barry - Good luck for Sunday... deeply envious.

KFC - Interesting to see what your physio said??? I saw an osteopath for the first time ever this week and there was lots of technical talk about small patellas, over-tight tendons, muscle imbalances and my "q-angle" being better than expected! Coupled with lots of stretching and cracking, i'm none the wiser?????????? 

She is going to a knee seminar about some new fangled knee treatments on 5th Dec, and i get the feeling that i might be a guinea pig! I've got physio booked for Monday, but i'm being a good boy and letting the calf heal by only swimming and x-training... no running!

23/11/2012 at 16:13

O4S - Sorry to hear about your indoor water feature. I hope the bikes are ok.

DD - A sub 45min 10k at the end on tired legs. Yes that's proper shit, go and flog yourself for slacking. Or get one of your domestics to do it.

2old - Why is your reception poor for your tv? Is it at the end of your garden in a shed?

Ant - Well done on your nightime trail run. Btw which headtorch do you use?

Minni - Come on, you've dragged this lurgy thing on for a week now. Pull yourself together and get out there.

23/11/2012 at 17:15
23/11/2012 at 17:45

Ant nice headtorch, been looking for a petzel. that looks good.

Oompa, sounds promising. Chiropractor sorted my problems, osteopath generally meant to be better.

DD - nice tri. Tired legs? You still did great. As Minni says, can't be at best every race, especially after last week.

2old, went for a run with Vicky at lunch, she said hello. Described the first half of Liverpool as a "jog". 3:11 marathon a jog? even in a superman suit. Tony the Tiger was the full gorilla type not the skimpy costume, bstard!  Enjoy MM if you get out.

o4s hope you feel better and leak sorted.

good luck to Barry, and Daren with Norwich half - if on? Huge amounts of PMA in Brols direction. When is Brol flying ? (apart from Sunday of course )

23/11/2012 at 17:58
simon62w wrote (see)
Minni - Come on, you've dragged this lurgy thing on for a week now. Pull yourself together and get out there.

You sound like my husband!

23/11/2012 at 18:09
Minni wrote (see)
simon62w wrote (see)

You sound like my husband!

Minni - No he would of said, 'stop this running lark, and get my tea on'

23/11/2012 at 18:15
Haha - so true!!!
23/11/2012 at 18:54

Just tea? What about breakfast/lunch/dinner??? 

Ignore previous post about not running... just might have to after this!!!!

Scuba Trooper    pirate
23/11/2012 at 19:19

Alpkit head torch is wicked and only £15 used it for Thunder Run 24 in the woods at night and it was great.

Minni - Take it easy if you race with that cough.

O4S - Hope there not too much damage from the leak.

Go Brolish !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

23/11/2012 at 20:06

I'm pished ..... 

23/11/2012 at 20:30
Haha Chick - go girl.
23/11/2012 at 21:17
Yeah minni you're definitely right. I wouldn't normally race this much after a half. Just need to do this for the club. I'll try to take it easy.
23/11/2012 at 21:35
Chick - cheers!!! Me too...
23/11/2012 at 21:39

Yeah 2old I guess I am a bit insane, tis why I get on with you lot so well!

Lots of laps and chaos by the sound of it DD, well done catching up two of the 'old adversaries' up!  Is it really so bad to miss out on the podium for the first time this year? It's November!  You must need to employ someone just to keep your trophies polished

5 mile runs are where it's at? Aw man, I've been doing 4 mile and 6 mile runs.  I am SO not down with the kids

Simon I use a Petzl Tikka 2 headtorch (nothing to do with curry) after a few on here recommended it. It's good. I've never tried any others.

23/11/2012 at 22:03

I have a petzl tikka 2 and it's good.

But - I used to have a Petzl MYO RXP and it was awesome. Not cheap though. A bit like running with a car headlight on your forehead! Unfortunately I gave it to my ex wife along with everything else I owned. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.