RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

23,541 to 23,560 of 37,235 messages
30/11/2012 at 20:34
Minni, take Brol! That way the meteorite / rain / snowstorm & blistering hot sun will all be over your camp
Leave Mr Brol for BBQ duties though. He he. Mr Brol is very fast, does he do any other races Brol?

Brol, was more trying to accommodate 2 teams if OHs want to run, mr Brol & others more laps. Can't all fit in 1 team.

One of Knowsley guys came second last year, 18 laps of 10k. Scary. He has PF too.

O4S hope you feel better. Race & 5 hours marshalling doesn't ideal.
Edited: 30/11/2012 at 20:37
30/11/2012 at 20:43
FRC- we dont have to stick to one team, we can always split if we go over 8. I think we should probably start the list and see who's seriously committed. Mr B hasn't been running much but knowing him he'll just show up and blast a 40m 10k with no training. Very annoying
30/11/2012 at 20:44
Should I change my forum name to Jinxed? Lol.
30/11/2012 at 20:57
Kfc - Glad the calf is ok, sounds like you just need to be patient with the mileage.

O4S - Sorry your lurgy is taking so long to go, and with your flood problem aswell. I know you've cut back to just racing one day this weekend, but have you ever thought of resting completely, as a solution.

Minni - Looking forward to seeing you running up and down the touchline behind the camera.
30/11/2012 at 21:43

Simon: No!!  Apart from anything else Mr O4S wouldn't be able to cope if I wasn't getting any exercise..................

KFC - good luck with being patient

Kiwi - how are things on your injury front?

30/11/2012 at 22:06
O4S - Funnily enough I thought you might say that lol. Seriously I hope it clears up soon.
30/11/2012 at 22:08

DD- Did I read your post correctly that it was raining in your race?? Great race in such appalling weather

Brolish- Can you put my name down for Thunder Run please. Lets hope the weather is nice to us again.

Ant- Go for the sub 20 park run, What is your pb at the moment for a 5k?

Freemers- go get that pb tomorrow.

04S- Good luck with the 5hrs marshaling, make sure you wrap up warm.

Mr Z- I think you can do the thunder run in pairs, FRC could join you???

KFC- I think most of us neglect our core so I will put that one on my list, again! Did they say when you could start running?

Minni- Will we see you on tv Saturday or Sunday???

I was ill most of last week which gave me loads of time to think. I have not been enjoying running since October after Chester marathon. So I have decided not to be coached anymore and to go back to my running club and join in with others,which I have missed over these last 12 months. I hope to be able to keep up my weekly mileage but just do some runs with others. I hope I haven't acted in haste!

30/11/2012 at 22:22

Are we allowed to mention CHRISTMAS yet on here?  It's the 1st December tomorrow and we can officially put our tree and decorations up yiipppeeee. It's not me that is excited, it's my 5 and 7 year old, Honest.....Just wrote all my Christmas cards ready to post in the morning

30/11/2012 at 22:41
Gazelle - I run with my club every week and I fit into my schedule. If its a recovery run I go with the slower group or if its a session I get them to do it with me. At the weekends I fit my long run in around when others are running and will meet them for some of the miles. My running club is a big part of my life so there's no way I'd give it up. But it sounds like you'll enjoy running for fun for a bit.
30/11/2012 at 22:56
Ant P wrote (see)

Daren - Just looked at that New Years Day race you are racing next year. Bloody hell, the winner did it in 31 minutes last year! Doesn't anyone get pissed in Norfolk on NYE?! 

I ran it this year and had to stop for 5 minutes half way round. I was very drunk on NYE 

30/11/2012 at 22:58
Brolish wrote (see)

Spoons- loads of time to improve before Paris. What schedule are you using?

I have a coach called Kev. Or psycho mark 2.....

30/11/2012 at 23:22

Good luck to Freemers and Ant you know whating in the morning.  (but not together )

01/12/2012 at 00:30
Gazelle - I hope you find your mojo again, and as it's now 1st Dec it's ok to mention chrimbo, and change your name.
01/12/2012 at 09:41
Well that was a cold one! A light dusting of snow, a bit of ice and some slushy puddles, but I zipped it up and nailed it. Sparkling new PB by 31 seconds - 20.57 . I just hope they don't add 3 seconds on the official time...will find out later...
01/12/2012 at 09:49
Brilliant Feeemers! Well done. Fully recovered I'd say!
01/12/2012 at 10:12

Well done Freemers

01/12/2012 at 10:38

Excellent Freemers, 31 seconds is a great improvement over YKW.

01/12/2012 at 10:40
Well done Freemers, that's a nice early Xmas prezzy well done.
01/12/2012 at 10:42
Freemers - Well done, an extra prezzie under the tree, in tricky conditions.
01/12/2012 at 10:57

Christmas is ages away.

I'm looking at Christmas lights outside my window, listening to some awful brass band playing carols outside my front door and now Christmas has invaded my place of refuge, the RW forums.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.