RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

23,561 to 23,580 of 37,336 messages
01/12/2012 at 11:14

I'm with Spoons on this. Yesterday I had to explain to my flatmates why I hadn't bought an advent calendar and that I really couldn't care less if they decorate the tree without me (I also object to the tree going up already, but I pick my battles!). Even though I was v. diplomatic I still felt like I'd confessed to hating kittens.

01/12/2012 at 12:22

Do you hate Kittens too?

I like kitten pie with ketchup....

01/12/2012 at 12:36

Afternoon all, not been around much this week so a quick skim over..

Gazza - I know where you're coming from. Get back into enjoying running and find your mojo.

Freemers - top run this morning.Well done. All looking good for your Srping training.

Spoons - didn't you cancel Christmas last year??!

Kitten and chips for me

01/12/2012 at 14:25
Free- yey great time!!!
01/12/2012 at 14:34

I just got up . I came home at 5:30 this morning ....   brilliant brilliant pardee . Hangover is bearable but the CNBA fairy is with me today. Knee hurts a bit .... danced my socks off yesterday. My voice is gone too, much to the delight of Mr. chick.
Ooooh, I love office x-mas dos

Freemers: well done !! Brilliant time

01/12/2012 at 15:30
Well done Freemers! Smashed that PB!
Come on England! Brilliant first half! Are you watching Kiwi?
01/12/2012 at 15:32
Yay - official result is 20.56
01/12/2012 at 15:41

well done Freemers! 

Nice pardeeee Chick.

Just had to ditch my run for the second time today because of ice.

01/12/2012 at 17:23
Minni- oh no ref run
Off to my running club Christmas party, tell me it's not too early to be drinking Malibu???? I won't be coming home at 5.30 like Chick as I have kids to see to bah humbug
01/12/2012 at 18:34

That's the bah humbug spirit Gazelle, there's always a downside to everything Christmassy.

Bad luck on the ice Minni, but it pays to be a bit careful. I had one of those silly accidents today where you're one stroke of luck away from breaking something. Thankfully the luck was on my side for once but I've learnt not to run over ice on hills again.

Anyway 13 miles down, longer than planned as it turns out I don't live quite where I thought I did, but hopefully the leap won't have done me any harm.

01/12/2012 at 18:47
Weeble - great that you're back up to running that distance.

Minni - nightmare. And it's gonna be colder tonight. But don't panic.

Chick - top respect.

Gazza - have fun tonight. Ew, kids and a hangover. Not a great mix!!
01/12/2012 at 18:52

I have banned Christmas in this house [as I do every year] much to Mr O4S's delight - he makes Scrooge look like Mother Teresa!! 

8 hours marshaling D&D'd.  I pulled out of the race myself as they were very short of marshals and it was as good an excuse as I was likley to get.  It is the running club party tonight but I have only just warmed up and I'm not sure if I can be bothered to go out again.

Fantastic Freemers

Weeble:  if you carry on that way about Christmas your flatmates might decide you don't live where you thought you did [although I love your commendable attitude to all things tinsely]

01/12/2012 at 19:05

Freemers -  Congrats, very nice running.

Chick -  Good partying, impressive stamina, enjoy the recovery.

Weeble -  Good to see your mileage building.

01/12/2012 at 19:23
Weeble - You see if you'd let your flatmates put the Christmas tree up, you could of found your way home easier.

Daren - What a turn up for the books, I bet Kiwi won't be on here for awhile.

Spoons - I bet your playing Slade and Wizard on your ipad as you type your posts.
01/12/2012 at 19:29

Weeble - great mileage. 

Be careful out there folks. A guy from our club went over in a park run this morning. Luckily nothing broken but is facing 8 weeks off with ligament damage.

01/12/2012 at 19:30
Simon Santa Claus wrote (see)
Spoons - I bet your playing Slade and Wizard on your ipad as you type your posts.

Lol indeed!

01/12/2012 at 20:01

So funny Weeble!  Great to see you posting that kind of mileage.  Look at Freemers, all that time off and she's back stronger than ever.

Spoons - thanks for that.  I felt a bit of a wimp jacking it in this afternoon but every step was on black ice and not only was I worried about me falling over, I was also worried about cars skidding.  The lanes are worse.  I might hit the hills in the morning for a shorter option.

Kiwi - hope you've still enjoyed your day.  I've just watched the game and have to say England definitely deserved to win.   I love rugby.

Right everyone, gather round.  Time for team talk.....  (just between us.....)

Jantastic has been launched.  I have set up our team ready for everyone to register.  There has been some discussion next door, on the 3:15 thread, about joining forces with us.  I've laid down the rules ie. you never miss a run, or a mile, and you hit your race target time, otherwise you'll be hanged, drawn and quartered in Chandos on 21st April. .     Its natural they'd want to join us, afterall we were more consistent than their Consistently Consistent team,   however I think the competitive edge may win and they will set up their own team with an aim to beat us.*

You don't need to put in your predictions for another few weeks but it might be worth giving them some thought and make sure we all set realistic but challenging targets.

* although its not a competition.

01/12/2012 at 22:36

Well done to Charlie Brooks, Queen of the Jungle.  Of course she keeps good company....

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/46278/gallery/charlie_brooks.jpg?width=453&height=453&mode=max

01/12/2012 at 22:49
Minni - Great pic, but who is she! He he
Re jantastic, like they say, keep your friends close, keep your enemies (sub3:15) closer!
01/12/2012 at 23:22
Evening gang,

boy what a defeat at the hands of England, but the best team won on the day! Found the first half a bit boring due to the lack of tries, second half much more exciting. All Blacks coach has been very gracious, not bothered to make any excuses (must remember all barr 3 members were struck down by the norovirus on Tuesday). We still had a fantastic time, the atmosphere was beyond amazing atTwickenham!

Just in the door from London so will catch up tmrw, good luck to any racers + everone else take care, it is already freezing out there!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.