RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

23,581 to 23,600 of 37,232 messages
02/12/2012 at 06:15
I'm up for jantastic. It really motivated us all last year. Minni - can you post a link for crappy technos like me ?

Kiwi - hard lines, but looked like you had fun.

Lucky Charlie hey - keeps great company
02/12/2012 at 06:59

Mmmm   Just having a browse around while I wait for it to get light and spotted this on another thread from one of our posters:  

The 3:30 thread is a bit snoreee sometimes, they only talk about running, mostly.

You best not drop into the 3:15, or worse still the 3:00 thread then!

02/12/2012 at 07:24

What? What scumbag posted that Minni? I hope he/she doesn't ever invade our thread....

02/12/2012 at 07:41
Well another day of not running for me...I'm off to Good Food Show in Birmingham! Drinking and eating all day!!
02/12/2012 at 07:56

Have fun AA

I'll be going for a long run this afternoon. Hope that's not to boring. I know some people don't like us talking about running, this being a running forum and everything..... 

02/12/2012 at 08:02
Spoons - frankly that's rather dull....this is a Runners World Forum so please keep all your running talk out of it!!
02/12/2012 at 08:03
Personally rather than miles run I think we should log units drank!!
02/12/2012 at 08:46

I thought we did that anyway.

Spoons. wrote (see)

What? What scumbag posted that Minni? I hope he/she doesn't ever invade our thread....

My lips are sealed.    The poster might want to elaborate.....

Roads are still frozen but just back from 5.5 in the fields.  That's going to have to class as my long run today.   

Off to the Toon Christmas Shopping with the kids later.

02/12/2012 at 08:46
Minni, spill the beans! Who was it?! I'm not sure why you'd be on a running forum if you find talking about running boring.
Anyway, on to non running things...
Excuses, excuses Kiwi yeah, agree the kiwis were gracious in defeat. At least you got to see an entertaining high-scoring game.
Had a great gig last night and managed to get 7 bookings for next year out of it - 5 back at that pub and 2 birthday parties - so not a bad night's work
Off to play footy in a bit and then going to see Norwich take on your lot this afternoon Carrot.
See, no running there at all!
02/12/2012 at 08:47

Lol!

02/12/2012 at 08:52

Daren - will you remember your old forum friends when you're a mega rock star? 

02/12/2012 at 09:24

Kiwi -  Glad you enjoyed the game, no doubt we will get hyped up before the 6 Nations, let's hope we deliver.  Richie McCaw was very gracious in defeat but no doubt seething inside and Dan Carter's face was a picture but it  could have been a lot closer bar a couple of handling errors in the last 10.

Daren - No wonder you don't do marathon training, you would n't have time to fit it in.

I'm up for Jantastic, I was part of the 3:15 team last year, so hopefully you'll let me in. I've not run(been boring) since Florence and raring to get back on it tomorrow. Lots of slow running before Xmas before the plan kicks in.

02/12/2012 at 09:44
Minni - Was it a regular poster or just a lurker? Enjoy your chrimbo shopping with the kids!

Daren - You'll have to try and tie all the gigs into where there's good Hm's, when you go on your Uk tour!
02/12/2012 at 10:03

Glad to see you'll be on the winning team this time Barry.

Will we be seeing Daren on IACGMOOH?   King of the Jungle.

Simon - not a lurker!

02/12/2012 at 10:25

Howdy everybody. Congrats on the YKW PB Freemers. Looking forward to my assault on the numbers later. 

Missed the rugby yesterday because I was watching Arsenal meekly capitulate to Swansea. Tough times for the Wenger Boys. Had to drown my sorrows after that so am a bit bleary this am. 

Got my long run in yesterday - 10 miles. What a gorgeous day. Ran on the trails in south herts, lots of ice about but no problem offroad. Next XC race is next weekend, be interesting to see what the conditions are for that.

02/12/2012 at 10:41
Daren v carrot today then! If only our game lasted 23 minutes yesterday we would have sorted Man U! (Non - running chat!!)

Daren - well done on a good night out gigging! (More non-running chat..!)

Barry - defecting to a winning team! No split loyalties we hope
02/12/2012 at 11:12
Minni - Will you be outing the person, or is the reason you're not naming them cus you're blackmailing them.
Btw, did Mstr Minni get his 5 mins of fame yesterday.

Ant - Yes looked a gorgeous day for running yesterday, I was unfortunately chrimbo shopping.
02/12/2012 at 11:26
Barry + Darren - the second half was absolutely awesome + I make no excuses England played brilliantly, their defence was excellent + the A.Bs defence was shit! Nearly lost my voice screaming at them to tackle! Was all very exciting + glad i got to experience Twickenham at full capacity!

Minni - w.t.f?! Someone thinks this thread is boring cause everyone only talks about running?! It is a running thread! Sorry everyone to have banged on about the rugby

So lets talk running - Freemers - blimey that is an awesome y.k.w p.b, well done!!

Ant - nice one getting 10 miles in in those icey conditions, as you say x-country conditions next week might be interesting!

Barry - good to see you've defected to the winning team for Jantastic

Daren - awesome gigging, don't know how you find the time to fit it all in!

Minni - probably will have to count me out of jantastic, only getting in one run a week at the moment, focussing on spin/gym work to build the glutes back up.

Weeble - I hear you re christmas, have told o.h he can put the tree up if he wants, am in a panic today sorting Christmas presents + cards as the cut off to NZ is Weds 5th Dec, stupidly early!

O4S - I love that you have banned Christmas in your house. Sorry I missed the bit when you were suffering from the flood waters - hope it is all dried out + sorted now? Whhen do you break up for Christmas? We have to teach all the way up to friday 22nd, am dreading the christmas carol singing students already
Dubai Dave    pirate
02/12/2012 at 11:32

Hi Folks

Just back from camping on the beach, swam in the Indian ocean just after dawn, try that in Northumberland in July let alone December! Only down side was the ,monster rave going on nearby, loud music all night stopped at  0700! 

OK I'll own up you lot only ever talk about runnings its bloody boring

Ran 21 miles yesterday at a fair old pace, I'll admit it I'm marathon fit! Nowt today too tired from a very disturbed night.

Right off to buy the Crimbo tree with DD1 & DD2, very excited. There was a time I would have said bah Humbug but DD1 & 2 love it and it becomes infective, though its not rammed down my throat as in the UK. 

Edited: 02/12/2012 at 11:33
02/12/2012 at 11:50
Simon - he got on great but I still haven't seem it. I didn't go because they were going to be there for about 3 hours. I'm not that dedicated!

Kiwi - I could do with some doing some work on my glutes too. They often niggle when I'm doing faster stuff. That also seems to be where my fat gathers.

See, no mention of running!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.