RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

23,601 to 23,620 of 37,583 messages
02/12/2012 at 12:30
Morning All,

5 miles of "fast trail walking" this morning and it was fabulous.

Not a twinge or a niggle in sight... Bring on Jantastic (before I get injured again!)

There, not a single mention of running... DAMN!!!
02/12/2012 at 12:55

Right then, I'm off for my (whispers).... Run

02/12/2012 at 12:56

To avoid boring anybody, in future, can we all please substitute running with YKW'ing.

02/12/2012 at 13:16
Hi,, im pretty new on the forum and am going to ask something running related, sorry! Just wondering if anyone knows anything about park runs up in Newcastle/Gateshead? Visiting the in laws next weekend and thought it would be nice to get out on a run sat morning?
02/12/2012 at 13:24

right, xmas decorations are up and I changed my forum name

Hi Sarah and welcome. I live in Germany, so can't help with Newcastle. But Minni would know

Minni wrote (see)

Mmmm   Just having a browse around while I wait for it to get light and spotted this on another thread from one of our posters:  

The 3:30 thread is a bit snoreee sometimes, they only talk about running, mostly.

You best not drop into the 3:15, or worse still the 3:00 thread then!

hm ...    I thought we posted more about drinking or partying than running. Whatever ... that person seems to have a grudge to bear.

I ran today , 6 miles and no knee pain. Hooray!!

02/12/2012 at 13:55
Minni wrote (see)

Mmmm   Just having a browse around while I wait for it to get light and spotted this on another thread from one of our posters:  

The 3:30 thread is a bit snoreee sometimes, they only talk about running, mostly.

You best not drop into the 3:15, or worse still the 3:00 thread then

Lol- so so busted! Minni- come on, tell us!

Gazelle- hope you enjoyed malibu last night- very well deserved.  Sounds like you needed a change if you haven't been enjoying your running lately, so good call.  It doesn't mean you can't go back to coaching at some point when you feel like it again.  Go and get your mojo back!

Minni- hope the weather is cooperating today...

Weeble- nice mileage there

Right I'm officially exhausted with this recovery week.  Way too much drinking. Look forward to a 3m plod later today.

02/12/2012 at 13:55
Hooray indeed Chicka.

Sarah - yes there's quite a few in the area. Have a look on the parkrun website and you'll find all the details there. I've only ever done the Newcastle one although I might have done a race on some of the Gateshead route.
02/12/2012 at 14:07

I have done a bit of research and I now also know who the culprit was!

It didn't actually take much guesswork...

Edited: 02/12/2012 at 14:09
02/12/2012 at 14:11

Hmmm I can't find it.  Off to carry on with the investigation...

02/12/2012 at 15:48
Minni wrote (see)
You don't need to put in your predictions for another few weeks but it might be worth giving them some thought and make sure we all set realistic but challenging targets.

* although its not a competition.

This made me laugh. I'm going to feel you standing over me when I put my goals in, tsking at any overly ambitious, point-risking prediction.

Not that it's a competition. Oh no, it's such a fun, relaxed activity that it definitely wasn't the reason I did a 20 mile run on a treadmill last winter.

And will all Team Minni members have to swear an oath of loyalty?

Edited: 02/12/2012 at 15:49
02/12/2012 at 16:41

I'm back from 2 hours on the trails doing that thing we don't talk about because it's boring which is a bit like walking but a little bit quicker.

Cold out there today....

02/12/2012 at 16:51

So, how can i put this??    Today I moved myself from Bath to Bristol by non mechanical means.................................

16 miles slow [about two and a half hours] with a quarter mile paddle in 6 inch deep water with ice floating on top .  This was not ideal for the chest infection and general lurgy I am still carrying around in a backpack, so at my suggestion BA and I took off our socks and took the insoles out of our shoes before going through.  Then dried my feet on my hat [!!] and put everything back together.  We were going to go through without shoes at all but were warned that there was some rather nasty stuff lurking in the muddy depths.

The expedition was slow enough that I didn't have a coughing fit, but fast enough to feel well exercised - who would have thought 'unicycling' could be so much fun

Minni you have to tell us who this eejit is - unless DD is being honest, in which case he deserves all the mud, cold and rain the UK can throw at him............

Weeble:  I did 25 miles in 2 stages for Jantastic when Mr O4S had just broken his ankle just so Minni wouldn't set the dogs on me.  Drove 13 miles from home, ran back to see he was OK and then 12 miles back to the car taking a shortcut.  I still can't believe I did that

02/12/2012 at 18:30
old4speed wrote (see)

Minni you have to tell us who this eejit is

I would tell you guys but I don't think it's my place to let the cat out of the bag.

02/12/2012 at 18:32
Me neither we need to give the culprit a chance to fess up and grovel...
02/12/2012 at 18:48
Thanks Minnie, will have a look and see if I can recruit somebody to come with me.
02/12/2012 at 19:07

I can't fine the post. Someone needs to let the cat out of the bag....

Hi Sarah as a newbie to the thread, do you think we're all boring like this mysterious somebody does?

02/12/2012 at 19:50
Oompa/Chick - Glad you both managed to get out without any injuries.

Weeble - I think Minni will want us to cut our palms and give a blood oath for jantastic this year.

Minni - Blimey, this is turning into another who dunnit, like 'who shot JR'.

Well after taking the day off on Thursday cus of the lurgy, went out this afternoon for some cycling x-training, Wasn't looking forward to it, and still very cold, planning 12m @8.30, but felt great, and ended up doing 12m @8.22 ave. Calfs a bit tight but otherwise ok.
02/12/2012 at 19:56
Sarah - Welcome, anything to tell us about your running history/aims. Don't worry about the silly festive names, they'll only last month.
02/12/2012 at 20:00
Don't mention the R word!!!! So boring.
02/12/2012 at 20:13

OK, my colours are firmly nailed to the mast - the next carol singer gets it.............

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.