RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

23,621 to 23,640 of 36,985 messages
02/12/2012 at 14:11

Hmmm I can't find it.  Off to carry on with the investigation...

02/12/2012 at 15:48
Minni wrote (see)
You don't need to put in your predictions for another few weeks but it might be worth giving them some thought and make sure we all set realistic but challenging targets.

* although its not a competition.

This made me laugh. I'm going to feel you standing over me when I put my goals in, tsking at any overly ambitious, point-risking prediction.

Not that it's a competition. Oh no, it's such a fun, relaxed activity that it definitely wasn't the reason I did a 20 mile run on a treadmill last winter.

And will all Team Minni members have to swear an oath of loyalty?

Edited: 02/12/2012 at 15:49
02/12/2012 at 16:41

I'm back from 2 hours on the trails doing that thing we don't talk about because it's boring which is a bit like walking but a little bit quicker.

Cold out there today....

02/12/2012 at 16:51

So, how can i put this??    Today I moved myself from Bath to Bristol by non mechanical means.................................

16 miles slow [about two and a half hours] with a quarter mile paddle in 6 inch deep water with ice floating on top .  This was not ideal for the chest infection and general lurgy I am still carrying around in a backpack, so at my suggestion BA and I took off our socks and took the insoles out of our shoes before going through.  Then dried my feet on my hat [!!] and put everything back together.  We were going to go through without shoes at all but were warned that there was some rather nasty stuff lurking in the muddy depths.

The expedition was slow enough that I didn't have a coughing fit, but fast enough to feel well exercised - who would have thought 'unicycling' could be so much fun

Minni you have to tell us who this eejit is - unless DD is being honest, in which case he deserves all the mud, cold and rain the UK can throw at him............

Weeble:  I did 25 miles in 2 stages for Jantastic when Mr O4S had just broken his ankle just so Minni wouldn't set the dogs on me.  Drove 13 miles from home, ran back to see he was OK and then 12 miles back to the car taking a shortcut.  I still can't believe I did that

02/12/2012 at 18:30
old4speed wrote (see)

Minni you have to tell us who this eejit is

I would tell you guys but I don't think it's my place to let the cat out of the bag.

02/12/2012 at 18:32
Me neither we need to give the culprit a chance to fess up and grovel...
02/12/2012 at 18:48
Thanks Minnie, will have a look and see if I can recruit somebody to come with me.
02/12/2012 at 19:07

I can't fine the post. Someone needs to let the cat out of the bag....

Hi Sarah as a newbie to the thread, do you think we're all boring like this mysterious somebody does?

02/12/2012 at 19:50
Oompa/Chick - Glad you both managed to get out without any injuries.

Weeble - I think Minni will want us to cut our palms and give a blood oath for jantastic this year.

Minni - Blimey, this is turning into another who dunnit, like 'who shot JR'.

Well after taking the day off on Thursday cus of the lurgy, went out this afternoon for some cycling x-training, Wasn't looking forward to it, and still very cold, planning 12m @8.30, but felt great, and ended up doing 12m @8.22 ave. Calfs a bit tight but otherwise ok.
02/12/2012 at 19:56
Sarah - Welcome, anything to tell us about your running history/aims. Don't worry about the silly festive names, they'll only last month.
02/12/2012 at 20:00
Don't mention the R word!!!! So boring.
02/12/2012 at 20:13

OK, my colours are firmly nailed to the mast - the next carol singer gets it.............

02/12/2012 at 20:26
O4S - I thought Spoons would of gone for the Scrooge link. I might like Christmas, but feel free to take down some carol singers for me too.

Minni /Daren - You know what they say, this could be a smoke screen, and it could be one of you two 'who didit'. 'those who smelt it, dealt it'
02/12/2012 at 20:52

I'm loving the festive names, keep them coming.

A.A. wrote (see)
Personally rather than miles run I think we should log units drank!!

I'm in trouble!  I lost count of how many units I drank last night but definitely know I went for a nice leisurely 5mile run this afternoon.

Daren- What position are you in the band? Lead singer/drummer ect

Minni- I'm trying to sign up for Jantastic but have forgot my log in details doh! Can you sign up even if your not doing a spring Marathon? I'll be sticking to halfs and 10k's over spring.

I've won some bling Last night was my running club annual awards, I won the fastest lady(over a 1.3mile route)and most improved female of the year yippee.

02/12/2012 at 20:54

When the cat is finally let out of the bag I think you will find it's a flaming rude one!

Minni -  Don't forget Homeland.

02/12/2012 at 20:55

Gazelle -  X post , congrats on the bling.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
02/12/2012 at 21:01
Enjoy homeland - in having a hunt through the forums for the offending post but drawing blanks so far! I have a few suspects in mind!
02/12/2012 at 21:04
Just sat down with my glass of wine to watch Barry. It's the highlight of my week. I hope it didn't peak last week!

Gazza - result! Well done!
02/12/2012 at 21:08
Gazelle- whoop whoop many congrats, well deserved bling
02/12/2012 at 21:19

Gazelle - Congrats on the bling.

Who is this mystery forumer??? 

Sarge... NO

Rosemary... NO

Penry, the mild mannered janitor... COULD BE?

Sorry, one too many Hong Kong Phooey cartoons!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.