RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

23,741 to 23,760 of 37,335 messages
05/12/2012 at 06:47
Great 5k time Sarah.

I'm having to split my 11 today since I won't be able to fit it in tonight so 7 miles banked this morning.
05/12/2012 at 06:58
That's an early start minni

Sarah - those PBs are perfect for a good go at sub 3.30. I should say I'll look forward to seeing you at the Green start, but if you get to Paris (fingers crossed!) would you attempt the double?

It's too early for Christmas forum names - I have 2 family birthdays this week to get out of the way (one down, one to go) before I can feel Christmassy....that's despite having finished all my christmas shopping and wrapped all my presents

I'm not sure the leak is fixed yet - email from work says not so still unsure on hot water situation with the showers today. If they are still off I'll leave work early and go to the gym near home instead. Can't miss another day
05/12/2012 at 07:38
Morning. Thankyou Simon. I've got to say, I was dreadful on the camera, I couldn't even string a sentence together. What's worse is during my training I had to be videoed loads so you would think I would be use to it!

Spoons-my friends did belvoir last year and said how wonderful it was. I have t seen them lately to talk about it but fingers crossed I might do it in the new year-think I was told it was rather muddy and tough last year!

Minni, I'm really impressed, that's dedication! I did some speed training last night so I think I will be having a rest day today. I may have tried to squeeze a little run in but with everything going live today I may just be setting up my thread after work!

Freemers, Im not sure what I would do, if I'm lucky enough to get through I think I would still try and do London but take it much more steady and maybe carry a bucket around for charity and wear fancy dress. My other option would be to defer it until the following year but I think that will be difficult going down with some of my friends and just watching. I think I would see how the legs feel in the two weeks between- what would you do?
Dubai Dave    pirate
05/12/2012 at 07:41

Morning

Welcome to Sarah, yes a 3-30 is very doable for you, copy whatever Minni does and you will be fine! Anything is possible with hard work.

2Old: Yep I'm in a bit of a dilemma as to what my MP actually is at the moment cos it keeps getting quicker, after years of being in roughly the same pace band I seem to have suddenly found a extra gear which wasn't there before. Will keep racing and see what the results tell me.

Off for a 2K splash in a minute and then 90 mins on the bike tonight. I'm with Freemers way too early for xmas names.

I won't be joining Team Minni in Jantastic this year as with a marathon on the  25th Jan and then the training required for JOGLE I can't see me spending too much time running February onwards.

05/12/2012 at 07:59
Welcome Sarah and good luck today.

Minni - that's an early 7 miles banked.

O4S - happy belated birthday for yesterday.

Welcome back 2old.

DD - surely you gotta go sub 3:15???

Heavy snow storm this morning walking the dogs but its already clearing.
05/12/2012 at 08:05

Spoons:  This was a present from BA, no diamond hidden, digested or otherwise

Freemers: normally I would agree with you about Christmas Forum names, but I am already in full Scrooge mode as cards start to arrive, Christmas parties happen [without me] etc.  I think it is probably that the University term ends mid December so Christmas gets pushed earlier than elsewhere.

Have just remembered we are entered in a half marathon this Sunday - what was I thinking?????

Still cold cycling in to work but OK for running after the first mile or so - sleet forecast for here

05/12/2012 at 08:25

Ant - Nice quick repeats, sub 20 wil be yours.

Target logged for Jantastic and I have appeared on Team Minni.

6 miles early this morning, daughter early morning swimming and she thinks I'm mad, and very cold, bit of rain but no snow.  Felt OK came out at 7:45 avg.

05/12/2012 at 09:03

Happy Birthday, O4S. Oooh, I hate that "my kid is sick leave" thing too . Luckily, the 2 girls I work with don't have kids either, so we are fine. Yeah, I'm a mean child hater  

Sarah: those times are fantastic. You will smash 3:30. I did and my times over the shorter distances are way slower than yours . Once your forum page is up and running, please post a link on here.

Right, will go and sign up for Jantastic now.

It has just started to snow here . This morning it was minus 3 and all the rain from last night had frozen over. I still managed a 90 minute run. Deliberately ran naked as I had to pay massive attention to those black ice patches.

05/12/2012 at 09:05

Sarah - I've never thought about doing two marathons so close together. A fair number on here have done them a month or so apart, and I'm not sure it's really been that successful - so if you do it then the charity way might be the best option.  Also, on the assumption you get your GFA time in Paris you won't need to defer your VLM place anyway as you can use the GFA for 2014....actually thinking about it, if you got your GFA in VLM this year, then that will also qualify for 2014 as they last for two years. So either way you are sorted. 

05/12/2012 at 09:34

Sarah- like the others said- your pbs look good for a crack at 3.30.  Very nice 5k time! Don't worry about getting everyone confused, it took me a while to get my head around who's who. I look forward to reading your 150 words.

Ant- nice speedy intervals there!

Minni- what's the reason behind your doubles?  Is it purely to up the mileage or something else?

Free- hope the leak is fixed and you can get your run in today. 

Barry- nice 6 miler, glad to see you're slowing down

Old4S- which half mara are you doing?

2cm of snow this morning (all gone by now) which obviously resulted in total meyhem on the trains. Being from Poland I find this very difficult to comprehend. 6m planned for tonight. 

05/12/2012 at 09:55

Minni - are you getting an internal server error when you try and change your forum name? I'm getting one - in fact I wanted to update some of my other details and get the error every time.  I've posted a thread on the website bugs section...

05/12/2012 at 11:01

Freemers/Minni - Santa will only let you change your names if you've been good this year. have you?

05/12/2012 at 11:50

Yeah I've uploaded the runs for Team Minni - I'm a much more reserved 5 runs. Minni - 7 runs! That must include doubles I presume?

Brolish - I grew up in Luxembourg and was also staggered by the UK's inability to deal with snow - but then I found out that they get the wrong type of snow here 

2Old - take care of that calf! Doesn't look like you took too much rest. 

Sarah - GFA for over 40s men is 3:15 - it maybe be more challenging that you ladies have, but it is definitely a motivation to do better

05/12/2012 at 12:25
sarah osborne 4 wrote (see)
I was told it was rather muddy and tough last year! 

Last year was the least muddy year it's been in ages!

Dubai Dave wrote (see)

copy whatever Minni does and you will be fine!

Yep - just go for your run at 4am every morning!!!

Edited: 05/12/2012 at 12:26
05/12/2012 at 12:47
Brolish wrote (see)

2cm of snow this morning (all gone by now) which obviously resulted in total meyhem on the trains. Being from Poland I find this very difficult to comprehend. 6m planned for tonight. 

Bro - Couldn't all the Polish workers bring the trains aswell, I'm sure they would work better than ours?

Any chance you can give us a heads up of your travel plans over the festive period, just so we know where to avoid ( not that your jinkst or anything ).

Ant - Yes and even when your 59 you still have to run sub3:15 to get a GFA at VLM. But they're very kind if you're 60, as it's only 3:20

05/12/2012 at 12:52

Minni- I have put 6 runs on Jantastic, one of the weeks I will be skiing each day,does that count as a run or shall I take my off road trainers?

Welcome to the thread Sarah, Good luck with the Asics comp, I got the privilege of winning the forum 6 this year My marathon time last year was like yours 3:45, and through the forum 6  being mentored by The Master Shaggy(we still miss you) my time in London was 3: 29, so 3:30 is doable. If you don't get through either competition then just stay on here, knowing that everyone here sees your training and results really pushes you.

2old/2old for xmas- I hope your sat down and resting that calf!

O4S- Happy birthday for yesterday. Good luck in your half on Sunday.

I trained with my club on Monday(First training session for a year!)I said I wanted a tempo run and that is exactly what I got! 6.38m @ 7:08mm.

I have a 10k race on the 16th December any ideas on how I should taper for it??

05/12/2012 at 13:09

Simon- lol. No travel plans for the festive season so would advise to stay away from London.

Gazelle- I have also put down 6 days and you just reminded me that I will be snowboarding for 10 days in January. I have made sure that there is a treadmill in the hotel and Mr B has been warned...  So what I'm trying to say is that I don't think skiing every day counts.... Tapering for 10k?  I just wouldn't do any speedwork from Tuesday onwards... What is the target speedster? Nice tempo session!

05/12/2012 at 13:20

1M run done - no calf stiffness    I've got a long way to go, but its nice to be back out there.

Sarah - those pbs suggest a good sub 3:30 with the right training.  I've been running marathons since 2006, and do lots of other sports too.  I've belatedly discovered its a good idea to do long runs in marathon training...   I'm currently trying to kick my body into action after 5 months off, aiming for sub 3:30 in VLM (Pb 3:31).

ant - Game on!

05/12/2012 at 13:36

I've signed up too. I was tempted to put 7 runs but what with winters normally being very hard in Nothern Germany I'm not sure I could manage doubles. I may up the ante for March and put 7 or 8 then, including some doubles. I wish it could be spring now

05/12/2012 at 13:38

Yeah cheers kfc - looks like the sub-20 is on! 10 days and counting, good to hear the calf is mending

Simon - re the GFA - all the London GFA times are a little soft if you compare them to NY or Boston. I wouldn't be at all surprised if London tightened it all up as well. NY for example has the female senior time as sub 3:10, and the male senior time as sub 2:45. Ouch!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.