RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

23,781 to 23,800 of 36,192 messages
05/12/2012 at 16:55

Hi Minni - thanks for spreading the word, it is really appreciated. I've started a new thread Vote DS2 if anyone wants to know a bit more about me. Sorry, if it's a bit long!

For those that have voted already, thank you!

05/12/2012 at 17:11

I didn't have time to read the life histories but I have voted for the best looking people. I'm not saying who.....

05/12/2012 at 17:12

OK then, I voted for Sarah & DS2

05/12/2012 at 17:19

Thanks Spoons. Much appreciated and all that!

Can't believe how serious I am getting in wanting to win this. Just binned my annual night out in London with my old hockey mates on the basis that I need to train tomorrow!

05/12/2012 at 17:27

I had to double back in this thread to make sure which Sarah (sarah O) I was voting for, but done and you too DS2, good luck.

05/12/2012 at 17:28
DS2 - what group are you in?
Sarah - voted. I hope I voted for the right one ...

Speed sesh for me today. 6x700s on the tready
05/12/2012 at 17:30

Anyone notice the first timer on the asics 26.2 going for sub2:20, fast b*stard

05/12/2012 at 17:32
I noticed that and wondered if it was a typo!!
05/12/2012 at 18:28
Don't think it's a typo - he also says he wants to qualify to run the marathon for Wales at the Commonwealth Games...makes you wonder why he needs this competition, surely he has a good coach already if he is that good a runner? I didn't vote for him, on that basis alone!
05/12/2012 at 18:31
Yes Freemers I've read his pitch and wondered the same. There's no times of races to back it up and yet he must have the potential since he's got this far. Perhaps if he starts a thread we'll learn a bit more.

Or maybe DS2 or Sarah can give us more details?
05/12/2012 at 18:36

Thankyou guys for voting for me, im the sarah o in the busy life category (although you wouldnt think it the amount of time ive manage to get on here over the last few days....im hooked)

Im so grateful to you all, minni, simon, spoons, HHH, SBC, FRC, SSC, LC and everyone else who has voted for me.

Freemers i think your probably right about doing two marathons in 2 weeks...might be best to defer, i might not even get the chance to make the decision if I dont get through to paris so i will stop worrying for now.

I apologise about my profile/150 words....it sounds so dull compared to the others especially the other sarah's! I will have to work on a more exciting thread.

Just going to attempt a run....then the thread will begin. I will add a link when its sorted.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/target262/

Thankyou again for your support, I really do appreciate it

05/12/2012 at 18:40

I didnt get to meet him last friday so im not sure. Sounds like an impossible time (well for me) to aim for....what dreams are made for!!!

05/12/2012 at 19:25

So over the last few days running seems to have become an extreme sport with falls on black ice (hope all better now) and avoiding attackers . Take care out there all of you please!

Weeble, you seem to be getting back into things nicely now. So good to see after the tough time you had with your injury.

Oompa, sound like positive news from the physio as it gives you something to do to get training again.

Spoons, how is your new training programme comparing to the coach psycho one?

Sarah, welcome to the thread and good luck with the asics competition.

My non-running training has been better the last few weeks as I'm getting out on the bike more often now I'm not working 11 hour days plus making my pilates and yoga classes. However I tried running last Friday and almost immediately the knee hurt  so I cut it very short at 1.5 miles to not do more damage. I think I need to see a physio as the chiro's treatment hasn't done the job as it usually does. Any recommendations for one around South London or near Waterloo/Victoria/Westminster area?

I'd like to do Jantastic but unless I can make considerable progress on the knee very soon then I think it'll rule me out.

On non-running stuff, Chick that sounds like one good Christmas party. I hope mine next week is as good, but I doubt it.

O4S, my birthday a couple of weeks ago was nearly as bad since that was one of the 11 hour days at work, although OH did what he could around that. However I did get a diamond as OH asked me to marry him this last weekend .

05/12/2012 at 19:33
Hi Laast Christmas - I'm in the GFA.

I didn't meet fast Ricky but the guy I sat next to ran 18.03 for the 5k and got lapped .......twice!!!

I did think he'll have a proper good coach and that why does he need this as well so voted for someone else.

Lot of talent though and great ambition!
05/12/2012 at 20:10

A fast 5k doesn't necessarily give you a fast a marathon though, eh guys?!!

BecsA - that's brilliant news! Congratulations!  Gosh we're going to be busy with weddings. 

AA - well doen on your reps today.

05/12/2012 at 20:21

I'm voting for the 2.20 guy just to call his bluff. Although the shortlisting has improved over the past couple of years so maybe he has a decent stab at it and that would be good to watch.

Glad to see you running niggle free KFC. It may only be a mile but it still counts.

Barry I'm doing three a week at the moment. If I do marathon training I'm doing a four runs a week schedule, so only one more to add in.

Although after my glee yesterday I've had discomfort in my hip all day. So hard to know what's acceptable pain and what's a warning sign.

Becs, congratulations! And sorry to hear you're still struggling with the knee. I'm never sure what counts as a good physio, I had a good once over from the Sixt physio in Fulham, but a dreadful time at their City branch so not sure that's a ringing endorsement of the chain.

Happy belated birthday O4S. Come on, you'd worry if BA suddenly started splashing out!

05/12/2012 at 20:25
Becs - Great news, which mara are you going to run for the honeymoon? He he!

Minni - In the first timers I went for the girl. The sob story of her OH dying pulled at my heart strings. You girls are good at that.

Cyclists - Dont forget BBC1 9pm War on our roads, should be a interesting.
05/12/2012 at 20:36

Brolish/Minni- I have checked and I can update Jantastic on the Saturday before I go skiing and update the week whilst i'm away on the Monday on my return, so panic over phew! Brolish- What date do you go? I'm in a different resort than you so I shouldn't have anything to worry about

Thanks for the info ref the 10k, I'm looking for a pb so anything under 41:50!!!!

KFC- Glad you enjoyed your run, can I ask why was you out for 5months?

Freemers- Nightmare ref showers, you will have to take some wet wipes with you next time.

oompa- Good news from your physio.

Sarah- If you run Paris you can be a  cheerleader with me at London. I'm saving my GFA for 2014.

Becs- Hope you can get your knee sorted out asap. I'm guessing its ok when you cross train? Congratulations, have you set a wedding date yet?

05/12/2012 at 20:51

Becs- many congrats!!! I have a great physio in Richomond who is also a very good runner.  Pm me if you're interested and I'll give you the details.

Sarah and DS2- done! You both got my vote.

Sub 2:20??? That is strange. Surely if you're that good you have a coach already or can get one easily without the competition...

AA- nice reps!

6m done @ 8:27.  I seem to be running my easy runs at the same pace I was running them before the mara which is encouraging.  Hopefully won't take me as long as the last time to get back to a reasonable pace. It's fresh out there.

05/12/2012 at 20:53

Gazelle- xpost.  I think it's 16th Jan. I'm not running a marathon so there's nothing to worry about! LOL

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.