RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

23,941 to 23,960 of 37,506 messages
09/12/2012 at 09:31
Spoons- again??? Lol.
09/12/2012 at 10:15
Bro- I will give it a go but I haven't worked out how to upload pics here. The file sizes always end up to big. Anyway they are more midi than micro. Funny talking about pet pigs as I cook sausages. That reminds me to go and feed them .. Again. The calf feels as tight and hard as a small medicine ball. I think the problem us that I reduced the size of the calf area when I fell backwards onto my ski boot and this is now taking its toll. Be assured I will get there. Pain is in the mind. Not sure how many miles I will manage to do .. If any but not worrying about it as I felt pretty good yestrday minimal fitness lost.
Spoons- best way to clear the head .. Enjoy .
09/12/2012 at 10:29

Ouch, Simon . Glad the injury doesn't seem too bad. But give it a few rest days if the bruise still hurts badly.

2old: nice to see you back!

Well, the race wasn't cancelled. Apparently the conditions were ok where the race was taking place but we never made it. Total wipeout this morning. 15cm of fresh snow and none of our roads had been cleared yet. The 45 min drive would have easily taken twice as long. In the end couldn't be bothered to go through that for a mediocre time. Let's face it: running on snow isn't really conducive to fast times. It's now raining and blowing a hooley. Yuk. I baked a bread and made some x-mas cookies instead . Once it's less slippery out there I will go for a little run. Target  mileage for the week is 80 and I am missing 6 to get there

Spoons: get out there! Running makes the hangover disappear in no time, honest!

09/12/2012 at 10:30

O4S: hope they find out what's wrong with you. It may just be a virus that's taking it out of you.

09/12/2012 at 10:48
Chick - Fresh baked bread and cookies, yum yum. Can't you wiz some in the post for a very stiff x- runner hehe. Didn't sleep well last night and now my whole body aches. Sounds like I've got a good excuse to lie in front of the telly and watch the European xc champs on BBC at 12.00.
Oh and if you get them here by 12.00 even better.
09/12/2012 at 11:00

80 chick?  Did you say 80????   Sounds like you've got a lot of snow.  Shame about the 10k.

Lovely morning here.  Windy but the sun is out and the air is cool rather than cold.  16 miles avg 8:45.  I'll take that.

Spoons  - tut tut!

09/12/2012 at 11:02

Old4Scrouge, fingers crossed the blood test will show something up and if not least it will rule common causes of teeling tired out such as anaemia and thyroid problems. I know we have a lot of whooping cough going around still which can make you chesty, wheezy and tired without many signs when you listen to someones chest. Hope they get to the bottom of it soon and your feeling better soon.

O4S Hope you feel better soon....again whooping cough is going around at the moment and causes persistent chest symptoms (sometimes up to a couple of months)....dont always get signs on the chest...might be worth asking to be checked to see if you have had that to give you some answers

Hi 2old, and Gazelle, thankyou for the positive comments

SBC, I cant believe that they didnt cancel the race in those conditions, you did right staying in. 80 miles? OMG, thats loads....how do you fit all those in?

Ouch simon that sounded painful, but least it didnt spoil your run. Hope your not too sore (and black and blue) this morning?

What a fabulous idea minni, Sarah recommended a foam roller at BC last week so i was planning on getting one, but now I can use the home made version instead!

2old ive found that the photos ive saved on my computer are too large to upload on here, but if i download and save them again from facebook, they some how become smaller and will upload on here!

Spoons, Im in agreement with 2Old and SCB....best way to cure a hangover is to bite the bullet and go for a run, although its not going to be an enjoyable one, good luck!

Ive itchy feet...at my inlaws, left my trainers at home, so ive got to wait until I get home this evening before I can get out on a run!

09/12/2012 at 11:05
Chick- good call and nice mileage there! I'll be following in your footsteps soon.
Simon- sounds like a duvet day is in order. Thanks for the heads up in the xc champs.
Minni- nice LSR.
09/12/2012 at 11:05

Sorry to here about your aches this morning simon , have you a local pool to go to, swimming may ease things for you? 

Good run this morning Minni, i'd take it too! 

09/12/2012 at 11:12

I had company this morning, which was nice.  Did 1.5 first then met a running chum for 13.5 then the last mile on my own.  Didn't see anything dead this morning but did see a beautiful fox running though the fields, a heron, and a big ball of black and white fluff which was a collie pup and was determined it was coming with us!

Sarah - I do the facebook trick on my pc to save opening up photoshop, which always seems to take forever.  Can you do that from your phone too?  I'll have to investigate. 

09/12/2012 at 11:18

Sarah - we were talking about paces of long runs the other day.  These were my paces today:

1)  - 1m - 9:07
2)  - 1m - 9:02
3)  - 1m - 8:58
4)  - 1m - 9:34
5)  - 1m - 9:03
6)  - 1m - 8:59
7)  - 1m - 8:40
8)  - 1m - 8:45
9)  - 1m - 8:52
10)  - 1m - 8:30
11)  - 1m - 8:48
12)  - 1m - 8:24
13)  - 1m - 8:45
14)  - 1m - 8:22
15)  - 1m - 8:08
16)  - 1m - 8:07

Later on I'll start to add some MP miles into the long runs and also do some progressive ones - starting with easy miles and gradually speeding up so finishing at MP.

On Tueday night past I did a quality session that looked like this:

1m - 8:28
1m - 8:59   Inc Hill
1m - 9:05cal   Inc Hill
1m - 7:45
STRIDES  (about 0.5m)
2m - 7:06/m 
90 secs recovery
1m - 6:58/m
90 secs recovery
0.75m - 6:55/m
90 secs recovery
0.5m - 6:35/m
90 secs recovery
0.25m - 6:15/m
90 secs recovery

1m c/d added

09/12/2012 at 11:27

Sounds like you had a lovely run seeing all that wildlife. Its always nice to run with someone else aswell, the miles just seem to disappear!

I havent been able to upload anything from my phone yet as I dont get all the little icons (smiley faces, bold letters, underlining etc) on my phone.

Thankyou ever so much for the paces above. Im going to write them down and attempt something similar. Im going to do a slow longish run today and then hopefully something similar to your Tuesday night session later in the week. It looks really good, I like challenging runs like that. I will let you know how I get on although im not sure when im going to fit it in yet, have a clinical meeting after work on tuesday until 21:30 and then im working late on wednesday until 21:00 (from 8:00)....hoping that netball training tomorrow gets cancelled (as we dont have a game until jan now), so I can fit another run in! 

09/12/2012 at 11:33
Sarah - Thanks for that. Yes I've got a pool, steamroom, and jacuzzi at my gym. So I'll just tell my OH that the Doc recommends I go to the gym today!

Minni - What, you only did that Tuesday progressive run once. Come on you've got to catch up with Chick doing 80m in Dec, before official mara scheds start.
Dubai Dave    pirate
09/12/2012 at 11:44

Hey Folks

Chick: I'm guessing that you have gone metric on us and are talking about 80K, if i'm wrong thats serious mileage.

Simon: Bet you don't do that again

Minni: Your FB pictures make in look far too cold to run

So after a day of lyng around hungover and sick, dragged myself to work today not feeling great but laced up the trainers at lunch for 9 miles at 7-20's, it didn't feel great but it didn't feel desperate either. I feel much better now

Fridays splits show me that I went through half way in 45-12 and I had already had two walk breaks by then, the next 3 K up to 13K were desperate with a 7 min/K in there and then I settled down to run a steady MP to the end. I wasn't able to speak for most of yesterday so will accept I wasn't well and should have probably not raced. 

09/12/2012 at 14:37

Chick - 80 miles or Xmas cookies? Hmm... Cookies every time.

Did my 12 in 1.39.17 this morning and it was lovely out there, cold but not too bad. Ran a local trail that is fairly flat out & back. Interestingly, had no K-tape on the knees and no calf guards and didn't get "funny feet"? Physios... what do they know??

Splits were:-

1) 8.20 (2) 8.01 (3) 8.24 (4) 8.17 (5) 8.15 (6) 8.17 (7) 8.16 (8) 8.23 (9) 8.16 (10) 8.14 (11) 8.14 (12) 8.21

Are these too fast for a slow run? 

09/12/2012 at 14:49
Oompa - No, perfect for F*rman sched! hehe.
09/12/2012 at 14:56

Simon - Does the F*rman schedule include lampposts?

09/12/2012 at 15:14

* bollard

09/12/2012 at 15:20
Lol!

Oompa - remind me again what your HM and marathon PBs are?
09/12/2012 at 15:32
Oompa - Oh yes, bollards, lamposts no problem. I think I'll try Mr Z's head plant at work tomorrow, as we have swipe cards on our doors lol.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.