RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

24,001 to 24,020 of 37,332 messages
09/12/2012 at 23:16
Shady - Welcome, if I'm not mistaken your on the asics 26.2 shortlist with Sarah. It's going to be a nervous week for the 2 of you.

Kfc - Yes plenty of speedwork in the book for you. I'd skip the chapter about running into street furniture as part of the x-training.
09/12/2012 at 23:17
Minni, don't you worry, my application will be in on Friday if I don't get through.

Spoons-cheers- think I'm going to pass the task on to my OH, he's far better at technical stuff than me (I'm pretty useless and not computer or phone literate)!

Hi Shady, good to see you on here. I've only been on here for a week and have settled in well, their a good friendly bunch and give plenty of good quality running tips and advice.

2old, I could possibly try with the vindaloo (although I haven't tried one before) but I would fail on the lager, I've never acquired the taste!
09/12/2012 at 23:18
Simon, I don't have any nails left and I'm driving everyone mad!
09/12/2012 at 23:31

Minni - Half pb is 87.34, mara is 3.27.52.

09/12/2012 at 23:52
Oompa - They're excellent times. There's quite a few on here with similar times, unfortunately not me.

Sarah - Didnt make it to the gym, so OH happyish.
If you make it, you've got the trip to the asics store next w/end to get kitted out, nice chrimbo prezzie!
Dubai Dave    pirate
10/12/2012 at 04:31

Morning

Moz has pretty well said it already but truly high mileage for mere mortals who work is counterproductive as we don't have time to recover, pros can handle the mileage because they get to rest. In the dim and distant past I used to regularly run 80MPW but my ultra times actually improved when I dropped back down to nearer 60MPW. Its the key sessions that really matter, i.e LSR, Speedwork and tempo, a MLR midweek is handy as well. The other point worth mentioning is that more than a few of us on here are not exactly in the first flush of youth and therefore cross training is a better way of reducing the battering our bodies take whilst maintaining aerobic fitness, its certainly worth noting that ALL of my PB's in this running life have come since I started Tri training. IMHO 60MPW is plenty for a club marathon runner of our level, though I prefer to train by hours than distance as it allows your average speed to increase without reducing your training load as happend when you set a mileage target. Usually I train 10 -13 hours a week which would correlate to a running total of about 70 -90MPW, so the training load hasn't decreased its just been shifted around and results have improved. Moral... X - Train.

O4S Nice see you back on form and put us all to shame, love the somewhere in Wiltshire comment. that will be me next year

Spoons: Hangover runs are so much fun.

Cycled pre dawn, could tell I haven't done much cycling of late, club run tonight.

10/12/2012 at 06:48

Minni / Sarah - this is the link:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/atomic-web-browser-full-screen/id347929410?mt=8

10/12/2012 at 07:02

Thanks very much for all the welcomes.

I was going to wait until I'd followed Minni's words of reading all 24,000 posts, but I think next Spring will have come and gone by then! 

Simon - yes you are correct........a very nervous, sleep deprived week.......whatever the result, I'm feeling more than confident now to reach my goals, now I'm feeling more comfortable reaching out for advice.

One thing I struggle with eating the right amount at the right time (I'm not saying I'm a glutunous pig.......just maybe eating my big meal in the evenings isn't the best). Does anyone eat 5 small meals a day instead of 3 like some running articles suggest? 

10/12/2012 at 07:38
Hi Simon glad you kept mrs Simon happy (ish)

Simon, my OH asked me what I wanted for Christmas and my birthday and I said I want to get through to the final 5. I'm not sure if he was happy (because it will be a cheap present for him) or unhappy (because its out of his hands and impossible for him to get it me).

Morning spoons, thankyou for the link, just tried to do it now but I need to add new card details to my account and I haven't got the time as should be getting ready for work. Will try again this pm. Thankyou.

Busy one at work this week unfortunately, was hoping netball tonight was going to be cancelled so I could go for a run instead but it hasn't been!
10/12/2012 at 09:32
Moraghan wrote (see)

Hello - I occasionally pop in here to see how much certain people are drinking!

You can run, but you can't hide...

Minni- Let's see... 100+mpw... tempting! With my speed however I would have to completely give up on sleep and all other non running activities.

10/12/2012 at 09:33

aaargh - what have I done ??

I meant 50 - that's FIFTY miles, not 80. Fat fingers ...   The 8 sits right above the 5 on the keypad . But DD is right - 50 miles is 80k

Sorry to disappoint, but I really only ran 50 miles, well 50.4 to be precise .

O4S: I can't believe you raced a half and raced it so well. You must be on the mend

Nice to see Moz pop in.

KfC: good to see you making plans.

Welcome Shady Ady

10/12/2012 at 09:37

Chick- I am so so disappointed in you!

10/12/2012 at 09:47

Bro: sorreeee  I bet you really did 80

10/12/2012 at 10:04

Chick- lol... no, not for a very long time.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
10/12/2012 at 10:20
http://media.al.com/huntsville-times/photo/2012/12/11967815-standard.jpg

im not really into "your mom" humour - but this certainly made me chuckle...

i think is the two contrasting expressions that make it

Edited: 10/12/2012 at 10:21
M.r Zuvai    pirate
10/12/2012 at 10:23

no running to report from unfortunately - had a vicious headache all weekend- pretty sure it's not related to knock on the noggin but thought it best to be careful  

10/12/2012 at 10:23

hilarious!!

10/12/2012 at 10:40
Mr Z - Brilliant! As you say, the expressions make it!!!
10/12/2012 at 10:42
Brolish wrote (see)
Moraghan wrote (see)

Hello - I occasionally pop in here to see how much certain people are drinking!

You can run, but you can't hide...

Good job I'm on the wagon.

I agree that sleep is the best form of recovery.  Even if you don't manage 8 hours a night (I don't) so long as you get quality sleep it does the job.

I'm in the eating small and often camp.  I find that I just can't eat a huge meal now.  (Although I did stuff my face with the girls before the TM). 

Poor eating definitely reflects on training.  You only get out what you put in. 

10/12/2012 at 10:52

guilty as charged on the eating front . Something to change in the New Year. That and jumping on the wagon

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.