RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

24,021 to 24,040 of 36,980 messages
10/12/2012 at 07:38
Hi Simon glad you kept mrs Simon happy (ish)

Simon, my OH asked me what I wanted for Christmas and my birthday and I said I want to get through to the final 5. I'm not sure if he was happy (because it will be a cheap present for him) or unhappy (because its out of his hands and impossible for him to get it me).

Morning spoons, thankyou for the link, just tried to do it now but I need to add new card details to my account and I haven't got the time as should be getting ready for work. Will try again this pm. Thankyou.

Busy one at work this week unfortunately, was hoping netball tonight was going to be cancelled so I could go for a run instead but it hasn't been!
10/12/2012 at 09:32
Moraghan wrote (see)

Hello - I occasionally pop in here to see how much certain people are drinking!

You can run, but you can't hide...

Minni- Let's see... 100+mpw... tempting! With my speed however I would have to completely give up on sleep and all other non running activities.

10/12/2012 at 09:33

aaargh - what have I done ??

I meant 50 - that's FIFTY miles, not 80. Fat fingers ...   The 8 sits right above the 5 on the keypad . But DD is right - 50 miles is 80k

Sorry to disappoint, but I really only ran 50 miles, well 50.4 to be precise .

O4S: I can't believe you raced a half and raced it so well. You must be on the mend

Nice to see Moz pop in.

KfC: good to see you making plans.

Welcome Shady Ady

10/12/2012 at 09:37

Chick- I am so so disappointed in you!

10/12/2012 at 09:47

Bro: sorreeee  I bet you really did 80

10/12/2012 at 10:04

Chick- lol... no, not for a very long time.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
10/12/2012 at 10:20
http://media.al.com/huntsville-times/photo/2012/12/11967815-standard.jpg

im not really into "your mom" humour - but this certainly made me chuckle...

i think is the two contrasting expressions that make it

Edited: 10/12/2012 at 10:21
M.r Zuvai    pirate
10/12/2012 at 10:23

no running to report from unfortunately - had a vicious headache all weekend- pretty sure it's not related to knock on the noggin but thought it best to be careful  

10/12/2012 at 10:23

hilarious!!

10/12/2012 at 10:40
Mr Z - Brilliant! As you say, the expressions make it!!!
10/12/2012 at 10:42
Brolish wrote (see)
Moraghan wrote (see)

Hello - I occasionally pop in here to see how much certain people are drinking!

You can run, but you can't hide...

Good job I'm on the wagon.

I agree that sleep is the best form of recovery.  Even if you don't manage 8 hours a night (I don't) so long as you get quality sleep it does the job.

I'm in the eating small and often camp.  I find that I just can't eat a huge meal now.  (Although I did stuff my face with the girls before the TM). 

Poor eating definitely reflects on training.  You only get out what you put in. 

10/12/2012 at 10:52

guilty as charged on the eating front . Something to change in the New Year. That and jumping on the wagon

10/12/2012 at 10:58

Morning all,

I need to catch up with the weekend's activities - been offline for a few days and as always the thread has gone whizzing by

Welcome Shady - how far are you through the 24000 posts?

Quite a busy running weekend for me - 17 miles on Saturday @ 8.15 average.  And then I did a slow 10 yesterday around Epsom Downs - undulating route, so took it very slow up the hills, relaxed on the downhills and just enjoying the run really. Total of 45 miles for the week.

10/12/2012 at 11:01

Morning all

DD-what do you mean some of us 'are not exactly in the first flush of youth' Ive never felt younger....its a pity my body doesnt agree though. You are right about the cross training. I reckon that since starting tri training Ive done 3-5 hours extra training per week which running wise would have been between 21-35 miles on top of my average marathon training average of 50mpw .Obviously pootling along in the pool or free wheeling a bike down hill isnt the same but it all adds up and as a result this Autumn I PBd in my 10k HM and Marathon and 5k in a longer race . I cant say I avoided injury though interestingly my injury issues seem to have come from upping running from 60-75miles suddenly and changing running shoes and possibly not stretching enough.

Chick-only 50 miles !--slacking not allowed here

Thinking about what Moz says he is right about how running faster gets the mileage up. For VLR most of my LRs were done about 8.15 whereas for Liverpool they were about 7.55 of faster- 20 secs per mile soon adds up when you are doing a LR every 10 days and aMLR each week.Once those key runs are done you are well on your way to 50.

Mr Z - that runner doesnt seem impressed with the sign-if looks ccould kill! I bet a lot on this thread will be joining you with sore heads this month.

Sarah-run to and from Netball? Only a suggestion. You must be busy ---so many sick people at the moment-just look at this thread and a lot of it self induced.

Not sure about what to do today -10-12 on my own in the cold tonight or 4miles to the gym followed by a gym training session with mates.

Edited: 10/12/2012 at 11:02
10/12/2012 at 11:06

Minni-funny you should mention food and sleep-Ive decided to make a deliberate effort of getting more sleep-no more late films like Pulp Fiction or Good Will Hunting etc and more protein .It appears I am at the age where muscle wasting occurs more easily so I may need to give that part of my body extra help.

10/12/2012 at 11:08

Free-another cross post-thought youd jumped ship to another place(sub3.15) so good to see you back and excellent running. You just shown how LRs notch up miles -27 in two runs .Good running

10/12/2012 at 11:34

I have tried eating 6 meals a day.  It would be perfect if you had a personal chef who tailed you, otherwise it gets old very quickly.  It's a good way of retraining any 'eat until you burst tendencies'.

I also tried it with alcohol but there never seem to be any gaps and it turns into one long session.

Dubai Dave    pirate
10/12/2012 at 12:02

2Old : Talk for yourself, I don't freewheel down hill nor do I pootle around in the pool! In fact the swim sessions are the hardest sessions aerobically of the week. 

10/12/2012 at 12:03

Mor-if you run pushing a supermarket trolley you could run and eat all you want at the same time and run all day. Likewise with a beer barrel in the trolley...or for Minni-a wine vat.O4S would need off road wheels to be fitted and DD would have to have it made in carbon fibre with drop handlebars.

10/12/2012 at 12:05

I eat small and often although it sometimes drifts into big and often

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.