RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

24,161 to 24,180 of 37,089 messages
Scuba Trooper    pirate
12/12/2012 at 12:59

Brolish - I can't believe you need a ninja suit I though you loved the cool weather

Mr Z and DD - Would be nice to put faces to names, didn't AA say she was considering the Half at Henley too? We need to be careful talking about the dark side too much or Minni will have words.

Mr Z which spring marathon are you planning? How much time do you have between that and starting IM training for Sep?

Gazelle - Good luck on Sunday it sure you can pb given the year you have had.

Minni - If you get a team together for Thunder Run make sure you get the sun rise leg, it was really cool this year running form dark to daylight particularly over the hills and back into the campsite.

I'm looking forward to joining in the crisp frosty runs soon. KFC I hop aboard your back up gradually train, core work and X trianing will probalbe start before the running, I really need to get back in the habit of stretch a minumum of 10mins a day.

12/12/2012 at 13:09
Scuba Trooper wrote (see)

Brolish - I can't believe you need a ninja suit I though you loved the cool weather

ST- I never said I didn't like it, I'm loving running in freezing conditions while wrapped in my ninja suit.. It's a good look, you should try it.

2old wrote (see)

Bro-9? How is it you are running less than double figures?I

2Old- give me a chance!  I'm still recovering!

12/12/2012 at 13:15

ST- I have just read back and glad that your "procedure" went well. Do you need to rest or can you go back to your busy lifestyle?

KFC- What core work are you doing? I did loads at the beginning of the year but have been lazy recently. Must put core work on my list of to do's.....

Brolish- Loving the Ninja suit

Minni- When is the BM? Did you say that you have a xc race this weekend?

Ant- Are you still going for a parkrun PB at the weekend?

M.r Zuvai    pirate
12/12/2012 at 13:21

ST - im doing VLM, for the last two years i've found mixing IM training and marathon training quite compatitble, with the marathon period being particulary focussed on running, but still doing a decent anmount of swimming and cycling in place of recovery runs, then post marathon focussing heavily on the cycling. Seems to work for me, with pb's in each element each year. I dont tend to take much of a break in between, for the first two weeks i just keep it to gentle cycling and swimming before throwing some more intensity in. last year the spring marathon and the beggining of july IM were probably too close and i didn't feel completely race ready, but with Henly being in September that's ample time this year.

12/12/2012 at 13:22
old4scrooge + BA(H) Humbug wrote (see)

Checked the official results for last Sunday - 11 people were DQ'd for wearing Ipods contrary to entry form and pre-race announcement.  I was 11th overall and would have won the FV50 if I hadn't been a FV60 [well I know what I mean.........]

I don't suppose Mora would approve of doing a 50 mile off road event the week before TM

old4scrooge - 50m is just a warm-up for you though isn't it!!  Glad to see the ipod rules are being enforced - I would have loved to been there when the news was delivered.

Gazelle - best of luck on Sunday, hope you get good conditions.

I've managed to persuade my marathon running other half to do some middle distance focused training and sprinting as she's a tad one-paced.  I should have suggested this in summer as it's freezing standing round between drills and sprints at the moment.  My ninja suit doesn't seem to work properly.  At least you can do online coaching in your birthday suit!

Edited: 12/12/2012 at 13:23
M.r Zuvai    pirate
12/12/2012 at 13:23

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/481487/gallery/photo1.jpg?width=350

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/481487/gallery/photo2.jpg?width=350

photo's from this morning

12/12/2012 at 13:23

Us pensioners have to ration our winter fuel allowance   BA was moaning but I told him the thermometer said 8.2 degrees and he couldn't tell without his glasses that I was [yet again] lying!

Brol: still in shorts??

2Old: two showers - I only had my own company between runs 2 and 3 and I managed to put up with myself.

12/12/2012 at 13:35

Moz- Far too much information on the Birthday Suit! well it is down this end of the woods

12/12/2012 at 13:47
Moraghan wrote (see)

I've managed to persuade my marathon running other half to do some middle distance focused training and sprinting as she's a tad one-paced.  I should have suggested this in summer as it's freezing standing round between drills and sprints at the moment. 

I can imagine my OH suggesting that I'm a tad one paced and progressing to give me drills.  It would end up in tears... He dared to suggest the other day that my marathon pace is 'just a jog'... It wasn't pretty.

At least you can do online coaching in your birthday suit!

Tooooooooooo much information! I have a mental image now...

Mr Zuvai- stunning pics, very jealous!

O4S- nope, no more shorts, I had to give in yesterday morning...Have you ever seen a ninja in shorts?

12/12/2012 at 13:52
MrZ nice photos! It was lovely this morning. Very Christmassy.

I managed 9 miles @8:30 this morning.

Tri guys - I am really tempted by the Challenge Henley Half. Just a bit bloody expensive and I'm not confident on the bike. Still gotta pluck up the courage to put the pedals and cleats on ....!
12/12/2012 at 14:01
Moraghan wrote (see)

.  At least you can do online coaching in your birthday suit!

You'll have us signing up to skype next.

Are you coaching your OH now?

I used to be an iPod snob but I've grown to love it, especially when I'm running in the dark.  I wore it for TM and I'll admit I was considering it for London.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
12/12/2012 at 14:09

Minni  - i can't believe your wore an ipod at TM! given how much company you had i would have thought it would have been last thing you'd want to wear!

AA - do it!! that'd be awesome! you're right thought - it is bloody expensive!

12/12/2012 at 14:18

I ran most of it on my own!   I thought Spoons was going to do a couple of laps with me but he buggered off to the cake shop as soon as we were off.

12/12/2012 at 14:20

Brol:  I have no idea what a Ninja is OR what it looks like.  They might well wear shorts [or a tutu] for all I know

12/12/2012 at 14:22

Brol - tell him that all runners look like that!  Not all look as though they're at top effort from mile 2 of the marathon though.

Minni - Yes, at least during this phase.  No need for skype....

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/323276/gallery/nakedatpc.jpg?width=350

12/12/2012 at 14:22

Gazelle - yeah parkrun on sat is the plan, I seem to have persuaded a few from my running club to come down as well, so we will be mob-handed. I must admit that sub 20 feels like it will be a push, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Should end up with a PB at the very least. Best of luck in your 10K. Shame that the conditions this weekend are expected to be wetter and windier.

12/12/2012 at 14:29

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/571900/gallery/14_ninja.jpg?width=350

12/12/2012 at 14:36

lol!  If I wasn't on my work computer I'd have so much fun with this!!

12/12/2012 at 14:41

haha, all these reviews of MyASICS is making me laugh (although im sure I shouldnt be saying this with less than 24 hours to go until we find out whose through).

Thankyou 2Old, a 3:14 marathon would be great, but I agree, I need to get alot more LSR in. Im fine at the shorter half marathon distance as that what I have been concentrating on up until now. Despite that I am at a much better starting point this year than I was last year, going into training for VLM . Forgot to say, of course I will speak to you and stick around. This is one of my favourite threads

Thankyou DDits very reassuring that I can be running longer for my LSR, I just wish that I had spoken to you all at the beginning of summer now. Your comment made me laugh "not a 110%" but you have still being swimming, cycling and running twice, one of those sessions being speed work in the last 2 days....your def dedictated!

Spoons I thought I had finished all my xmas shopping but my dads just given me the task of getting all my mums presents from him (again)!

Brolish thankyou with regards to your warm up/cool down advice, ive taken note and will do this tomorrow.

1:30 is great Minni hope we have better condititions than last year to help us on our way. Was looking at some of the photos from previous years...I cant believe there are people running in short shorts and vests, it must be soooooo cold!

Mr Zuvai  where do you live, it looks gorgeous?

12/12/2012 at 14:43

I ran in shorts and vest Sarah.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.