RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

24,701 to 24,720 of 36,179 messages
23/12/2012 at 20:57
I'm on the sofa with a blanket and two labs!
23/12/2012 at 21:26

I'm in the sofa with a beer. Just the one though....

23/12/2012 at 21:26
Merry Christmas ST and everyone else.

Thankyou ST, Ady and 2old. I really do feel that I've been extremely lucky to 1, have been chosen and 2, have Minni mentoring me. I'm just so happy that Minni is just as happy to be mentoring me too!

Did a 7 mile progressive run today, thoroughly enjoyed it and managed to escape a hangover!

Simon, I will see if there is someone we can contact to amend the thread to add in 2013.
23/12/2012 at 21:47
Simon- 2012- now that's taking numbers for numbers sake too far....maybe.
Sarah- think you'll be teaching us a thing or two. Typical you don't even get a hangover. Good 7 miler .
Minni - are you starting your LR in the dark? I finished my run today in the dark. Felt a bit vulnerable when the pavements disappeared. Had to dodge a few ponds that had formed on the side of the road from yesterdays rain especially when cars ploughed through them creating a huge tsunami.
Are we going to be jumping to and from the other 3.30 thread? Maybe a merger is on the cards ...or a hostile takeover?
23/12/2012 at 22:05
2old, I promise you I'm not normally as lucky....I've had a few awful hangovers in my time!

Sounds like youve had more of an adventure/obstacle run than a training run.....sounds like training for next years rat race!!
23/12/2012 at 22:06
2old - I know it's a bit complicated but I think it's important for Sarah to have her own thread to develop based around her training rather than our drinking! I'm sure everyone will pop in and support her but I think there'll be others out there who perhaps feel slightly uncomfortable about joining our thread because we've been going for so long and this will give them a chance to be in a sub 3:30 from the start.
23/12/2012 at 22:14

Just popping in to say hello and to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and New Year.

I have been away visiting family since Wednesday and have been naughty and not ran for the last 3 days Will get back on track tomorrow before our 10 guests arrive(Will be staying for 4 days!).

I'm looking forward to Jantastic, knowing that if I don't go for a run Minni will be shouting at me which should be enough to get me out there

Is anyone racing between now and the new year?

23/12/2012 at 22:25
Blimey Barry did you see that coming?
23/12/2012 at 22:34
Minni - Thanks, I was only curious re other forum six, but I'm a lazy b*stard, and that's too much hard work lol.

O4S/Kfc - Dont set off too soon on your RtW trip, if my euro millions tkt comes up on Christmas day I'll be joining you.

Gazelle - 10 guests for 4days, you'll need a holiday after that!
Edited: 23/12/2012 at 22:47
23/12/2012 at 22:46
Minni- dead right about Keeping separate threads but we can always pull your leg about it here after stalking you there ...who said I drink....I'll sue.
23/12/2012 at 22:48
Simon- I'm lazy and can't multi task so I'm going to have problems looking at two threads. Sorry the lottery is mine .
23/12/2012 at 22:49
Haha if we fall out we can come here for mediation!
23/12/2012 at 22:59
Gazelle- that gang staying should drive you out for a run if nothing else.
Minni - cant see you wanting to mediate somehow. Good old fashioned dispute resolution will be your way.
23/12/2012 at 23:45
2old - Don't worry, I'll drop some champers off for you in my 'Roller' on my way thru Ormskirk, if the chaffeur knows where it is! Hehe.
It'll be just like living in DD's world.
24/12/2012 at 00:37
O4S, Simon - I'm game if you are, let's go walkabout!

Minni, Carrot - entered Northumberland with 2 newcastle based friends who are training for edinburgh. See you there if you can wait long enough for us to finish

Gazelle - re racing, am in manchester for hogmanay and just scoped out that the nearest parkrun to where ill be has a run on the 29th and the 1st - hope to make it to at least one of those!

Just been to the pub with a friend to give her a tailored tried and trusted just get round training schedule for the edinburgh marathon - training continues tomorrow with some mountain biking, followed by karaoke...
Dubai Dave    pirate
24/12/2012 at 05:17

Morning

Yep two 3-30 threads is confusing and I don;t have time to read two, so your safe Minni I won't be over there to make sure your talking sense, which of course you will be having been mentored by me 

Simon: I know its such a drag when the chauffeur can't find an address, I did actually have a driver for a year when i worked in Abu Dhabi but lived in Dubai, sadly when that contract ended i had to start driving myself again. 

Cycled long before dawn on a cool foggy morning, another 90 mins in the bank, will run at lunchtime as not doing club night on Christmas eve.

Happy Christmas to you all

24/12/2012 at 06:49

So basically Minni can say whatever rubbish she likes as no one will be reading it anyway..... 

24/12/2012 at 06:56
Spoons- so nothing new there!
DD- you know when it's time to let go... Apprentices have to be allowed plenty of rope .It must have been tough remembering how to drive or did you just go straight onto the bike. Another solid session. Merry Xmas to you too
Don't know why I'm up now..no plans to run much today.
24/12/2012 at 07:28

Actually Spoons is sounding quite professional on his thread (a side we don't see much of on here ) I think I might just cut and paste.....

kfc - see you there!

DD - I've had good teachers.  I think you got something out of it too.  When we first met you hardly drank and went to bed at 9am every night.  Now you're always hammered!

For for 18m now.  I is marathon training!

24/12/2012 at 08:15

Minni - No i did n't, thought it was all a bit slow and then .   18 miles for your first mara training run, nice easy start .

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.