RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

24,941 to 24,960 of 37,583 messages
31/12/2012 at 17:39
Freemers - hope hip is ok. I always have at least one long run like that.

I started marathon training today too with a big fat zero miles ran. Didn't sleep well with mr AA having manflu so have been shattered.

Well done on logging mileage guys. I haven't a clue.

Wine tasting party for me tonight. With no spittoon!! Very basic...cover the bottle, guess the grape, country, percentage and price!!

Happy New Year to you all
31/12/2012 at 18:22

Back from Ely 10km. First 5km I hated, struggled and my left calf/shin was playing. 2nd 5km I enjoyed, felt strong and my calf/shin felt fine. It was mega windy so forgot about the Garmin and just picked my way through the field. Finished in 47:11 which is shite I know but I must have overtaken 100 runners in the 2nd half so not all bad.

I seem to have developed a cold this afternoon though.

Anyway - have a great night tonight everyone and I hope all your marathon dreams come true in 2013

31/12/2012 at 18:55

Happy New Year in advance to everyone!!  I am racing 10k tomorrow morning, then hitting the road to drive to Holyhead, ferry to Dublin early Wednesday, drive to Belfast, 4 days sorting family stuff, repeat in opposite direction, back Monday 7th pm

My lurgy has returned with a vengeance, glands in neck are swollen and I can barely swallow

Appointment for test results etc when I get back so hope they can get to the bottom of it.  Marathon training started today with a big fat zero too!!

Might have wireless access from The Loft we are staying in [in the back end of nowhere], but if not 'I will return'

Scuba Trooper    pirate
31/12/2012 at 19:12

Happy new year everyone.

31/12/2012 at 19:57

I've been at work all day, and just about to finish, so if anyone is still online and/or sober, Happy New Year

FRC - Foot still a prob , but will try it out later in the week. I don't want to push it too soon, trying to get back into lsr's only for it to cause more probs, 1 step forward, 200 steps back , as they say. Enjoy your 2day double mara.

31/12/2012 at 20:34
Just quickly popping on to wish everyone a happy new year, hope you all have a fantastic night. Good luck to you all in 2013!
01/01/2013 at 01:16
Happy New Year Team! Now the hard work starts.
01/01/2013 at 10:15

Happy New Year.  Quiet on here today, all out running or a few sore heads?

Stayed in last night, managed a bottle of red but not feeling too bad.  Anyone see Hootenany with Adam Ant and Dexys -  memories of the eighties. Plan started yesterday with 4 slow and off out in a bit for the same with some strides.  Nice gentle first week, weather looks decent for a change.

01/01/2013 at 11:46

Barry - Yes I watched it, great 80's acts. I'm glad you didn't have memories of Petula Clark, otherwise you would be really old.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
01/01/2013 at 13:10
Afternoon team!

Just back from a very refreshing sea swim! Didn't bother with the wetsuit as I thought I was just going to plop in and jump out but found it reasonable enough to swim out the bouy and back, about 100 - 150 meter swim

A great way to clear out the cobwebs / hangover

Gentle trot later
01/01/2013 at 13:14
You're mad Zuvai!

I'm just back from a 3 mile uphill fell race, then jog back down.

Dog walk now then back to bed!
01/01/2013 at 13:21
Minni- how did it go?
MrZ- sounds like a nice way to kick off the year
01/01/2013 at 13:35
It went well Brolish and I'm really pleased I made the effort to go. It's not the kind of thing you can measures against any other race except for the effort level perhaps. Starts in the town the goes into the fells and its up, up, up. Was chatting to a non runner when the start bell went so started right at the back but picked people off and felt quite good. It was impossible to know position but I felt pleased with the way I ran, especially after partying last night.
01/01/2013 at 13:52

Morning all,

Zuvai that is just plain crazy!

Minni awesome running from you after partying last night.

finally able to face the world after a bacon sarnie, epic hangover after an awsome ny's party at a Walkabout pub in London, only downer missed the fireworks as the police had shut the roads off!

Here's to everyone fulfilling their running dreams and an injury free pb filled 2013

Scuba Trooper    pirate
01/01/2013 at 13:56

Mr Z and Minni mad ways to start the year. I managed 15mile in an hour on my bike this morning, first nice weather in a while so really nice to be out and about.

Hope everyone's hangovers clear well.

Just noticed that I've done 7 straight days of training, only about an hour a day and moderate heart rate, I don't feel tired. May have to fit in a rest day but not tomorrow I want to get back in the pool.

Good luck with Jantastic everyone.

01/01/2013 at 14:37

Mr Z / Minni - nice starts to the year

I ran 7 miles easy off road. Muddy out there. Lovely blue sky. Now to see the fireworks

01/01/2013 at 16:26
Minni- good effort and what a great way to kick off the new year
10m for me in the sun (forgot what it feels like). No major hangover to report.
Look forward to what this year brings
01/01/2013 at 16:38
Yes lovely to see a bit if sun today. Looks like most are straight back out there after the NY celebrations. Looking good for Jantastic. And I see we're now up to a large team with the edition of BK on the end. But who is BK...? Identify yourself!

Turns out I won a prize today.
01/01/2013 at 16:46
Whoop whoop Minni! Tell us more!
01/01/2013 at 17:01
Don't know what it was for Bro. I went straight home after the race instead of going to the pub because I knew I was living on borrowed time and the hangover was waiting to kick in! But a fell running friend messaged me and said he'd drunk my prize so I guess it was beer! I definitely wasn't in the top 3 finishers because there were some fast fell types there so it must have been an 'old bird' one!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.