RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,041 to 25,060 of 36,152 messages
03/01/2013 at 09:26
Brolish 4m wu and 4m cd. ? What do wu and cd mean ? Ta
03/01/2013 at 09:27
Ignore me, I'm being a clown
03/01/2013 at 09:31

Carter- warm up and cool down, not being a clown at all.

03/01/2013 at 09:37

I sat there wondering what they were and as soon as I hit the submit button I knew exactly what they meant !! Thanks for replying anyway

Dubai Dave    pirate
03/01/2013 at 10:02

Minni: what time do you land? I will get the Chauffeur to pick you up

03/01/2013 at 10:11
Carter - Don't forget you can always edit any of your posts if you make a Booboo!

Red - I'm the same, only 1 male shower, but if it's occupied I jump in the Ladies one! The laaaaadies don't seem to mind.
03/01/2013 at 10:19

Brol - Carry some bear spray, just in case.

P & D suggest 8m today with 4 at LT!... don't think i'm quite ready for that as i've missed the first two weeks of their programme, so i think a nice steady 8 is in order.

03/01/2013 at 10:21
simon62w wrote (see)
Carter - Don't forget you can always edit any of your posts if you make a Booboo!

Red - I'm the same, only 1 male shower, but if it's occupied I jump in the Ladies one! The laaaaadies don't seem to mind.

Pray tell how do I do this ?

Ha, Ive done it. Cheers Simon !

Edited: 03/01/2013 at 10:21
03/01/2013 at 10:24

Becs - when I've done lunchtime runs I find its easy to fit 4M into an hour with a shower afterwards.  It helps that I'm quick in the shower, don't wash hair for a lunchtime run and I dont wear makeup - more time running less faffing! 

What really helps is to have a bunch of other people at work to run with - when everyone else in the office sees you heading out regularly it becomes normal and not seen as a skive, and you'll get more people following your lead and wanting to try the same.  Its also a great way to have a gossip with people from other departments - I've had some pretty good meetings on a lunchtime run!

Spoons - sounds rubbish, hope the physio has better news.  Dont give up yet, it may not be as bad as you think.

03/01/2013 at 11:39
Carrot/Brol - my club haven't entered a team into the nationals so I won't be running. or . I'll come and watch though!
03/01/2013 at 11:57

Minni- that's a shame. I'm not sure yet I'll be doing it, will have to see closer to the time.

Oompa (Eh) wrote (see)

Brol - Carry some bear spray, just in case.

P & D suggest 8m today with 4 at LT!... don't think i'm quite ready for that as i've missed the first two weeks of their programme, so i think a nice steady 8 is in order.

Oompa- I remember those P&D LT sessions,I found them very hard to start with.

kfc. wrote (see)

Becs - when I've done lunchtime runs I find its easy to fit 4M into an hour with a shower afterwards.  It helps that I'm quick in the shower, don't wash hair for a lunchtime run and I dont wear makeup - more time running less faffing! 

KFC- I look like a rat after most of my runs, especially in the summer.  I can get away with no make up but there is no way I could not wash my hair!

03/01/2013 at 12:17

Welcome back, Oompa. Oh yeah, that dreaded first LT sesh ... do them when you feel ready.

Bro: great session - goes onto my big pile of "workouts I must try sometime"
but without the 4m cooldown. That must have felt like an eternity!

DD: that was quick! I once did one 85 sec 400m rep at the end of a block of 12 and puked afterwards . Not sure how you bang them out THAT quick!

I never wash my hair when I do lunchtime runs . I can squeeze in around 45mins at the most and that doesn't do much harm to my hair ...

Mr. Z. and Minni: Have rivalled you back . I don't quite see the point in this rivalling thing but what the heck... I'm game 

Freemers: that hip pain must be catching . My left hip (the one that was injured last year) started to play up yesterday afternoon. Hope its short-lived for you and me both .

03/01/2013 at 14:08

Oh no chick . I hope you hip sorts itself - mine was OK-ish on my run today, just the odd sharp twinge but not constant like yesterday.  I kept the pace down a bit just in case!

I need to do some packing I suppose....which amounts to throwing some walking and running gear in a suitcase so should take about 5 minutes!

03/01/2013 at 14:49

As a Jantastic team virgin, i don't fully understand the "rival" thing?

I've rivalled everyone who has commited to the same amount of runs as me??

03/01/2013 at 15:24
Oompa - Don't worry, I did it last year, and still don't know what the rival bit is about. The other puzzle, is trying to work out what peoples real names are that weren't on last year, like yourself, but all good fun.
03/01/2013 at 15:31

ST- All my races are"A" races I have a 10k in Feb, May and July and 1/2mar in April and June, I've never ran so many races in 6 months. I may even try and get a park run in on the 12th January, Just working on getting a pass to go and do it.

04S- Great racing.

Spoons- Good luck with the Physio on Saturday. Have you suffered with shin pain before?

Oompa- Good job Jantastic starts on the 7th, hopefully all of us wont miss any sessions.

Does a 10minute jog on the spot count as a 1mile run for Jantastic? Hubby was not happy when I told him I had to go out for 6 runs whilst on Holiday, I can see me having to set the alarm at stupid o'clock in the morning 

Brolish- Well done on your speed session, I guess it hurt at the time but as soon as the session finished it was worthwhile. Last Night I did 6x600m@5k, 200mjog, 200m@5k then 90's rest and repeated 6 times  I wasn't sure what my 5k pace was so just ran as fast as i could and stayed/tried to stay with 4 others. It's so much easier to do speed sessions with others it makes you run faster! I wouldn't of ran that fast on my own I would of kept to the correct pace.

I hope everyone with sore hips get better soon.

03/01/2013 at 16:07

we need a list with people's forum names vs. real names  I think there were 4 or 5 on Jantastic that I couldn't place on here. Guess Oompa is one of them

Edited: 03/01/2013 at 16:08
03/01/2013 at 16:24
Gazelle I wish... wrote (see)

Last Night I did 6x600m@5k, 200mjog, 200m@5k then 90's rest and repeated 6 times 

You did 36 600m reps at 5k pace and 6 200m reps too! Wow, that is a tough session!

Freemers, Chick - hope the hips are nothing serious and Spoons, hope the shin gets sorted too.

I haven't signed up to Jantastic this year as not really sure what's going to happen with this injury etc and don't want to put any pressure on myself to run more than I should. Feeling like I'm getting over the latest bit of the lurgy today and groin not so bad but think I might still give it a couple of days of complete rest before running again as I'm fed up of starting up again and then having another setback and want to get fully well/be able to run without any pain first.

03/01/2013 at 16:32

Gazelle- well done on the MONSTER session!

My Yaktrax got delivered.  It looks like something out of Fifty Shades of Grey....

03/01/2013 at 16:35

3.5k swim for me done today.  Excited about tomorrows run - I'll be doing 4x800m - the first of 2 sessions recommended in f*rman to ease non speedworkers (yep, thats me) into doing it. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.