RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,101 to 25,120 of 37,338 messages
04/01/2013 at 20:11
KFC - I meant to say that those paces are very good for someone in the comeback trail. I'm sure that's what I do 800s in at the best of time. You're right - it's all about doing what's best for you.

Simon - what he was saying is he sees a lot of foot injuries so it probably is good for his business.

Spoons - miaowwww prrr....prrr.

I'm struggling with no wine tonight.

Barry - pacing the youngsters tomorrow.

Sarah - already said on your thread but well done today!
04/01/2013 at 20:33

Sarah - that's great well done. Did you watch TV or listen to music?

i'm pissed now

04/01/2013 at 21:06

FRC, great report. Well done on keeping going when it felt like it was all slipping away and pushing so hard at the end.

Minni wrote (see)

PS -  I'm loving running just now.

Minni,

It seems to be new shoes day on the forum today.

I try and foam roller after every run as I find it less painful than if I leave it for a while.

Simon, 7.5 miles seems quite a long distance to do after an injury. Is it worth doing some shorter distances to build things up gradually?

Could feel yesterdays spin in my quads today. Managed a lunchtime circuits class that was doubly 9a - both my OH and my team didn't know I was doing it since I was sitting with a different team today. Enjoyed it  and I wasn't the least fit there... in fact I think the girls there seemed to do better than the boys!  I'm going to try to do the circuits once a week and the spin when I can since I'm already cycling a bit so the circuits is probably a better complement. I mainly need to get over my guilt at taking a longer than usual lunch break especially as I think I worked more intensely in the morning in order to get away from my desk.

04/01/2013 at 21:09
Spoons. wrote (see)

Sarah - that's great well done. Did you watch TV or listen to music?

i'm pissed now

I listened to music...not a big fan of the TV. Lucky for me I had 5 new albums bought me for christmas so I got to listen to the majority of them today

04/01/2013 at 21:33

I don't watch mutch TV either although I do like movies. When I had a treadmill I used to put a DVD on and run until the credits roll.

04/01/2013 at 22:51
Spoons - Well done, those Tom and Jerry DVD's can last nearly 15mins...lol

Becs - Yes I probably should have. But Before I found this thread, I would do 3-4m steady runs, and anything more than 9m was a lsr. But after finding all you mile munchers, I never go out for less than 5-6m, and 9m is bearly a Msr. And it was mainly on sand so it felt ok.

Has anyone else tried the split screen keyboard on the iPad/Mini, I'm not sure whether I like it, and having it in the middle of the screen is a bit weird!
04/01/2013 at 23:01

Simon - tried it and don't use it

05/01/2013 at 06:32
Simon - it happened by accident on my iPad and I couldn't work out what I had done! Had to google it to find out how to get rid of it but like you already know...I'm a bit rubbish like that!

Anyway - 8 miles for me yesterday with 6@7:40 pace. That felt like 10k pace

Am venturing out on my bike with the cleats and clippy shoes for the first time thus morning. This might be my last post.....

Good luck park runners.
Dubai Dave    pirate
05/01/2013 at 07:35
Morning

KFC: well done on getting the intervals in

Gazelle: nice session

AA hope you made it back alive

Bro: 14.5 including intervals ? Nuts though have to admit I sometimes get close to that.

FRC: nice race report and yes I really do have a pub up on the third floor

Ran 20.5 miles this morning at 7-45 average, last 6 were quite a bit quicker than that. Given how hungover I was yesterday I was quite surprised too run even remotely well.
Edited: 05/01/2013 at 08:59
05/01/2013 at 09:03

DD - blindly that's quick!

AA - sounds dangerous.....

i'm off to physio

05/01/2013 at 09:30
Spoos - Good luck at the physio. Btw I forgot to ask you how to get the emotion icons on the iPad, cus RW doesn't like the emoji keyboard, and I think you posted a link previously thx
05/01/2013 at 11:30
How did the park runs go?

DD- damn quick long run!

Hope the physio has helped your shins Spoons.

Am buzzing from (what for me post injury) was a great run - 4 miles at 9:38m/m average. I know it sounds pathetic but with all the knee problems have been plodding at 10-11 m/m as any faster and the knee has been playing up. Plan is to add 1 mile a week to get back up to 10 miles as a weekend run. So nice to finally feel some progress Spin + gym scheduled for tmrw am.
05/01/2013 at 13:37

great news, kiwi

Kfc: nice 800s - I wouldn't/couldn't do them any faster either ...

FRC: 10ks planned on 27/1, 24/2, 17/3, HM on  April 1 and my spring mara on April 21.

DD: another pacy long run. You must feel very confident for Dubai mara!!

sarah: 15 miles on the treadie?? 

nice gym work, Becs

I did 3 x 2mile reps at around 10k pace today. Struggled in the wind & rain. It was hard work. Managed them between 13:41 and 13:50. No hip pain right now ... hope it's gone!

How did the parkrunners do?

05/01/2013 at 14:16

Kiwi - that's great, so pleased to hear it.

Nice reps Chick.  Keep this up and you'll be flying come April.

DD - looking good for the marathon.  What date is it - 21st?

Spoons - what did the physio say?  And how's the hangover?

parkrun for me this morning with the family.  Master Minni, Miss Minni's boyfriend (both first timers) and Mr Minni (second time).  Ran with Master Minni with BF about 30 seconds ahead and hubby about 3 minutes behind!  Dead proud of him, he started to by Vid-Saver" href="http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/spring-marathon/sub-3h15/168846-1166.html#"tire in the second mile but kept it going.  I encouraged him past a female with a huge bum - well he couldn't be beaten by that, could he? Then past another 4 in the last few hundred meters.  Finished just under 28:00, I think.  Dead proud of him - I almost wept! Over 400 runners at Newcastle today.

18 for me tomorrow.

05/01/2013 at 15:39
Kiwi - Great news, take it nice and easy.

DD - Great pace for a lsr.

Minni - excellent family YKW. That link, just links to the same paragraph on the sub 3:15 thread btw, you might want to edit out.

Chick - Well done on the reps
Edited: 05/01/2013 at 15:40
05/01/2013 at 15:41
Too late I can't edit it. I don't know how that happens - its always when I'm on the laptop. There must be a bug in there somewhere.
05/01/2013 at 15:47

DD - As previously mentioned, that's a quick long 'un! What time are you aiming for in your mara?

Spoons - Hope the physio has been useful, but as you state, get back in the pool. It certainly kept me sane over the last 6 months.

Chick - Glad the hip's behaving.

Minni - To clarify, did you encourage hubby past another 4 ladies with large derriers, or was it just the one, and was the size of their posteriors the prime motivator?? Hmmm... if so, i might have to rent a few bigguns for VLM.

Did a recovery 5 miler this morning in the rain @ 8.53. It felt bloody awful.

05/01/2013 at 15:52
No it was the boy. I'd left hubby for dead about 2 miles earlier! The additional 4 didn't have large backsides, only the one!
05/01/2013 at 16:41

Stiff today and feeling a bit sniffly - time for a rest day.

Nice family parkrun minni

Kiwi - awesome news

Becs - nice one getting out at lunchtime - hope it starts a good habit!

Chick - glad the hip behaved

Spoons - sounds like getting in the pool is a good plan - I'm finding it a good way to blow off steam when I cant run

DD, Sarah - great long runs

AA - how did the bike adventure go?  Still upright???!

05/01/2013 at 16:57
Spoons. wrote (see)

I don't watch mutch TV either although I do like movies. When I had a treadmill I used to put a DVD on and run until the credits roll.

Simon ive had my ipad 2 years now and I didnt even know it could do that!

Minni, 400 runners at park run...fabulous turn out. Will your OH be doing another one soon?

Good run Kiwi and Chick (without any hip pain )

I managed to squeeze in a short recovery run 2miles @ 9.13 min/mls to get to the gym, 12 miles on the exercise bike on level 9 hills in 36 mins, followed by 360 m swim (had planned to swim further but I was bullied out of the pool by too many children)

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.