RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,161 to 25,180 of 37,128 messages
06/01/2013 at 18:40
ive just typed something up on here and its not actaully gone up...no idea where that has gone!

Simon thanks for the ipad tips....I can actually do it (although now I seem to be incapable of writing on the threads...me and technology are useless).

Sorry to hear the bad news spoons, but well done with the classes today. I would love to have a go at both my I have a feeling I will be completely useless.

Good runs (and bike rides) AA, Carrot, Brolish, Minni, 2old and anyone else who ive missed off

I managed a steady 8:42 mls @ 8:37 - lovely day for a run, weather was perfect!
06/01/2013 at 19:56

Just done my 2nd yoga/pilates session of the day. That's 2.5 hours today. 

M.r Zuvai    pirate
06/01/2013 at 21:15

evening all,

a real cut back week for me - only 30 miles but its exactly what i needed - feel substancially better and ready to take on the world!  Got in a decent 30 mile bike this weekend and a swim! Im also really enjoying my core work at the moment !

My foam roller arrived the weekend  i can assure everyone that its suitably firm! and blue! very slighty nobbly too! I hurts like a absolutely bastard - but i did feel fantastic afterwards! that genuinely hurt more than any sports massage ive ever had! - particulary the ITB!

slightly related question; does any bodys archillies hurt in the morning? my first few steps first thing are pure agony - but once they wake up im fine! they never hurt at any point and are fine when running! maybe im just getting old! 

M.r Zuvai    pirate
06/01/2013 at 21:31

Spoons - pleased to hear it wasnt awful news - you never know a gradual build up  might be exactly what you need for a storming marathon! Im attempting to maintain all that other elements  that make you a good all round athlete while building the run milage - so much it carries over well

Minni / Carrot/ Bro - great long runs - there's a real momentum building 

Minni - the park run with the juniors sounded ace - a good lagacy you're building!

Bro - good idea - there's bound to be enough beers in chandos to make taking monday off worth while!! 

great intervals AA & KFC

Good luck with Jantastic starting tomorrow everyone!! - lets smash this!!

06/01/2013 at 22:10

Zuvai - The ITB area is always the most painful.

All set for Jantastic?  Remember from tomorrow EVERY run is essential - we don't want any slackers.    In exceptional circumstances permission to miss a run may be granted but to be honest I can't think any valid excuse off the top of my head....

06/01/2013 at 22:15
Minni- I panicked and changed my runs to 5 just because of the holiday. In case the plane gets diverted and I have no access to a treadmill for a couple of days...
06/01/2013 at 22:18

Good thinking Brolish!

06/01/2013 at 22:25
2old - Welcome back. As Jantastic hadn't started and you had great powder, I wouldn't of bothered running. After all you can run anytime, but you can't ski.

Minni/Carot/Bro/2old - Great lsr's by everyone.

AA - Well done on surviving your clip less bike ride.

Decided to wait til this evening to go for my run so I could try out my new head torch. Thanks I think it was Ant who recommend the Alpkit gamma.
About 7.7 m ( garmin battery died after 7.5m ), I took it nice and steady, @ 8.58 pace, and heal injury felt ok. It's a shame It's put me a bit behind sched, as was hoping to be upto 14m by now, but still plenty of time.

Roll on Jantastic tomorrow!
06/01/2013 at 22:26

Sorry to hear that Spoons. On the plus side you have a plan, but more importantly changed your Jantastic goals in time.

AA I'm very impressed with the non-boozing. Are you feeling any different/better?

KFC I'm running but still low mileage. The problem is I'm going for longer runs as that's what I enjoy, but I then get niggles developing and this week (err maybe partly down to a lot of drunken NYE dancing) I've had a lot of trouble with it. I think I need to be disciplined and go with the little and often technique. I've been swimming and walking for cross-training but neither get my heart rate anywhere near high enough to feel like I'm building fitness so I might have to suck up some gym sessions.

Nice 20 miler so soon Carrot. How many are you planning to do this time around?

Hope everyone's had a good running weekend. Nice xcing Bro, always nice to beat a rival.

I'm already trying to work out how I can fit Jantastic around a holiday in Feb. I'm going hand luggage only and don't really want to waste space on trainers. so it might mean me checking in in full running kit.

06/01/2013 at 22:29

2old -  Welcome back and nice long one

Minni/Carrot -  Good long ones, nice early 20 Carrot.  Only booked hotel for VLM for Friday and Saturday night, how easy is Chandos to find and are kids alllowed in?

Chick -   well done for getting out even if it was n't the best run.

AA -   Think it's just you and me for Wokingham, I got an email saying entries were closed apart from elites.

Brol -  well done for your XC race followed up with a decent long run.

Zuvai - Occasionally get a tight achilles first thing in the morning but I am getting old.  You need to visit my physio if you want to experience some ITB pain.

06/01/2013 at 22:33

Lol at you checking-in in full running kit Webble - don't forget your garmin!

Barry - Chandos gets quite busy but kids are allowed. Its dead easy to find - just off Trafalgar Square.

06/01/2013 at 22:35
Minni- I'm down for four a week for Jantastic... Should I do two in a day can I record them as two or one? My schedule says 10 recovery tomorrow 6 am 4 pm? Do I have to accept challenges today ? By the way yours disappeared somewhere before I could accept it?
Bro- still in great form ..great running
AA - love that TM.. I will be saying hello to one tomorrow I think
MrZ- sounds like Achilles tendonitis type trouble. I rehabilitated mine by heel drops on the stairs and icing and gentle running through the problem avoiding hills and massaging out any lumps in the tendon...ouch!Care not to make the problem
worse.
Sarah- nice run..my daughter has signed up for Paris so ay be going to watch her. Good to get in the atmosphere before VLM too. She did her first LR today 15 k down to Battersea and back. She'll be in pain tomorrow unlike you
Carrot- it's good to get a 20 in at his stage- well done
FRC- congrats on your sub40. Now you've cracked that nut you'll wonder why it seemed so hard next time
DD-a 6day ski pass for the entire area cost 240 odd euros. It was the only time I fell over during the week especially as I was buying for the whole family ..all .adults!!! Maybe tats why that guy was running there
06/01/2013 at 22:38
Minni - I have the same concerns as Weeble re February and Jantastic...what's the solution?
06/01/2013 at 22:49

*tut* are you off in February too...?

Ok, you need to take your kit with you and get your runs in.  Or if you're away midweek to midweek then you can get your runs in at either end of the holiday.  A run is one mile or more (but you don't want to cheat yourself out of the miles).

As for two runs a day, they count as two runs. I think so long as there's more than say 30 minutes between then its two runs.  Unless this will take you over, in which case it will be one run.

Runs must be logged by 8am on the Tuesday Morning.  Please ensure you can do this if you are away from home. 

06/01/2013 at 22:53
Minni - thanks for the info- midweek breaks can be ran round but a week off...hmmm. Looks like I I'll have to run and ski.
06/01/2013 at 22:56

06/01/2013 at 23:55
2old - Leave your skis at the bottom of the ski lift. Then run to it in the morning, and run back at the end of the day. Do that on just 2 days and that's your 4 runs bagged. Plenty of time for Apres-ski on the other days.
07/01/2013 at 07:01

Morning all. My abs and glutes hurt this morning....

M.r Zuvai    pirate
07/01/2013 at 08:08

morning all,

cycle and swim done this morning - unfortunately neither counts towards jantastic 

sounds like your double yoga session worked spoons!

07/01/2013 at 08:27

First (painful) step on the road to recovery Spoons!

I'm very impressed by the long runs being banked already, virtually everyone seems to be in good form at the minute, and long may it continue.

Bro - I agree with Weeble, Watford is a cracking half-marathon. I really like it, was a shame it was snowed off last year (with your luck, hopefully that's the bad one out of the way!). I didn't find the hills that bad to be honest - what goes up must come down so in the form you're in I wouldn't be surprised if you get a pb.

I'm very pleased to report I did 25.5M last week. That's a drop in the ocean for most, but signs that recovery is back on track for me. Managed 8M yesterday at exactly 9 min pace. Went off road to protect the knee which made me even happier at hitting that pace as most of it was either under water or resembling a ploughed field (which in one 500m section it actually was!). 

I'm just about finishing the Chrissie Wellington book I got for Christmas - inspirational stuff and well worth a read for anyone that hasn't seen it. The speed they manage a marathon in is mind boggling!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.