RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,201 to 25,220 of 37,089 messages
M.r Zuvai    pirate
07/01/2013 at 15:26

oompa - i think it just people who havent understood the process - happens every year! and people always get really bent out of shape over it!!

yes Brol, I've seen the route now and its a cracker!

Oompa: those idiots didn't read the instructions. Rather than logging the runs after doing them, they are logging the ones they are planning on doing. D'oh! No worries, the MT boys will tell them off.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
07/01/2013 at 15:47

cute gif for the day:

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/11/26/Gmq-smhIw0CD9iMomODBPA2.gif

it's not even a friday!!!

07/01/2013 at 15:48

Too late i've just logged 30 runs... a day

07/01/2013 at 16:20

Cheers guys. Yeah, hopefully I'll get back into it once I'm fully recovered. To be honest, I was really disappointed to have to make the decision initially, but after two and a half years training without any real let-up I'm quite looking forward to taking a break now!

Minni, I'm nowhere near being able to play football. I can't even kick a ball at the moment . We've only got about 6 games left this season so think that might be my season done to be honest, especially as I'm skiing at Easter, so wouldn't want to risk aggravating it ahead of that even if it did feel better in a month or so.

At least I can still cycle without any problem so should be able to stay reasonably fit - swimming wouldn't be a lot of use as x-training for me Oompa - I can only do about a length!

Love the gif btw Mr Z

07/01/2013 at 16:24

Just logged my first Jantastic run, second on the board for team minni after AA got us started  

Did my 'long' run - 8.5M total with 7M at 8.28 pace.  Pace felt easy, but my big challenge will be getting my running endurance back, towards the end I was aching and it felt much harder than I'm used to.  Rewarded my poor legs with a nice long soak in a hot bath (RIP shaggy) and a good stretch and some core work.  Onwards and upwards...

Spoons - does it hurt to laugh today?

Daren - thats a shame - come back when you've got the running mojo back

07/01/2013 at 16:28

Oomp- Im thinking of using Chicks technique- I will run around the block get into my car drive a mile run around the block again back to my car repeat twice more and arrive at work run around the office and thats five runs done-simples

Simon-Ive signed up for the Mad Dog 10k in Feb-are you doing it too? Now I need a half marathon for March except I cant do 17th March-Liverpool or Trimple 20mile as I have to go and watch a rugby international then grrr

Minni-they organise lots of marathons up your way

Mr Z-ahhh very cute-bet if you run the video for 5 mins more we see their skins hanging on the garden fence. My Canadian relatives hate those things-real pests and the carry rabies.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
07/01/2013 at 16:35

2old- i hope not! - they're red panda's a highly endangered species! Racoons do look like they're always scheming!

Darren - im sure you'll be back much sooner than you think! perhaps a couple months clean break might give you the mental break to come back with interest! if swimmings an issue - why not use this as an oppurtunity to develop a stroke?

07/01/2013 at 16:58

Daren -  Wise decision to give running a break to recover, and runners always feel sorry for themselves when not running,  but you'll be back,look what you achieved last year, be a shame to waste all that natural talent.

Red -  Good news on your steady comeback.

Well done for the start to Jantastic, my first isn't until tonight, running into and home from work on nightshift.

07/01/2013 at 17:07

Mr Z – it makes our provincial little jolly up’s at the county out-grounds seem a little bit backwards doesn’t it! The Glos skipper was saying the other day that having watched it on Sky it seems we’re missing a trick or two… having said that, most of what I’ve seen the standard hasn’t been great, but then I guess that’s the risk you take in T20.

Chick – thank you very much for that, replacement 405CX it is then! They’ve offered it for £78 which seems a pretty good deal so I shall get it ordered first thing tomorrow morning.

Daren – sorry to hear about your injury woes. I know exactly where you’re coming from and it is extremely hard. I’m sure like you've said that after a bit of time off you’ll be itching to get back into it though.

07/01/2013 at 17:24
MrZ- oops ! Should have known that as I saw some in Sydney Zoo.
Barry- isnt that two runs you'll be able to log?
07/01/2013 at 17:45

I thought it was raccoons too ....    very cute indeed.

78 quid for a replacement 405CX is great, redders! I paid about 100 for the 410

07/01/2013 at 18:39

Rest day for me today on the first day of Jantastic - glup. But I banked 14 miles yesterday at a pretty good clip and am taking it easy today post riding.

Minni - I hope you're right about it being a good spring. I've just about kicked my Achilles twinge, but still got a little ankle stiffness. I've had to rejig my training plans and am actually dumping 2 XC races to focus on getting the miles in

Chick & KFC - the weather in Andalusia was sunny most of the time, with temps around 15 degrees max, so not that warm but perfect for all those climbs. It was an organised tour via Skedaddle.

Spoons & Daren - darn injuries. I feel your pain.

Simon - yep the alpkit gamma is a good piece of kit. Came in useful in Spain actually as we got lost at one point and ended up finishing in the dark! Heel injury - is that a reoccurrence of your PF?

AA, Bro & Mr Z - big up the non boozing. I haven't had a beer since Thursday myself and plan to do the entire rest of Jan 

Carrot - 20 miles, bosh, laying down a marker already, nice one.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
07/01/2013 at 20:08

first Jantastic run done! gentle 5 mile recovery run  

07/01/2013 at 20:57

Daren - sorry to hear you're benched too. Sorry, can't do Saturday as I'm out on a work do

Another hours pilates plus another massage tonight. 

07/01/2013 at 21:05
Oompa - no way re twhm! i fear it will be an uphill battle as a warning that it was selling out went around the harriers email group last week...... however i will try & my wife says i'm very trying! hope you're Good buddy!

Daren/spoons, sorry to hear re injuries hope on mend soon.........
07/01/2013 at 21:19

hi all - some really impressive runs going on here...makes us on the road to recovery look a little pedestrian !!

another 4 mile jolly for me tonight and kept it at 9:30mmpace , good news avg hr 155 so it's dropped nearly 20bpm in 1 week...small steps i suppose !! i will stick with this until HR dropping into 140 region.

plan is to do 4 runs per wk...not part of jantastic but its my own target.

keep up the good work all

07/01/2013 at 21:28
5m easy done and logged in
07/01/2013 at 22:01

Yep that's me off the mark too with a late 3m recovery. 

Glyn - its not too late to join...   Jantastic.

There's been a bit of talk on the Asics threads and others about fuelling, or rather not fuelling for long runs.  I'm a great believer of you only get out what you put in and when marathon training make sure I get either a recovery drink or milk and food down my neck as soon as I finish a harder session.  There's all kind of talk going on about running in the evening after not eating since breakfast and not eating for 2 hours after runs the then only proteins. 

Can anyone elaborate on this?  I'd be worried that my muscles weren't getting what they need to recover.

I tend to only have water on long runs (over 16) and really only take gels later on to get used to them for the marathon.

I wonder what the thinking is behind this 'lack of food' approach.

Or really what I want to know is, would it make me faster?!!

Edited: 07/01/2013 at 22:03
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.