RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,301 to 25,320 of 36,157 messages
08/01/2013 at 22:35
Minni - bet there are lots of hills in the Castles marathon .....it's very flat here ...but tempting . You guys are putting me to shame ..better dig out my shorts . When's the GNR ballot ? Maybe it's time I did that one . Will sign up for Coniston tomorrow
08/01/2013 at 22:42
It's actually quite flat along the coast. GNR ballot is open now.
08/01/2013 at 22:46
Minni - how much s along the coast though? Where's the rest ?
08/01/2013 at 22:49
Google it (can't do links on my phone). Run Northumberland website and there's a course map. The whole marathon route is really beautiful - but rural - but on roads.
08/01/2013 at 22:52

What a nightmare day. Left at 7:15am. Just got back. Knackered. Exercise done - zero

M.r Zuvai    pirate
08/01/2013 at 23:04

decent run tonight - had to do an errand so ran 4 mile WU, then was supposed to be 4m LT then 2 CD

unfortunately i got pacing all wrong and my 4M LT turned in to 2 x 2m at faster than LT  (6.51 , 6.55, [2 min recovery] 6.45, 6.51) It wasnt intentional but i have a tendancy to tense up when trying to run faster - after i calmed down in the recovery i was faster and much more comfortable!

lessioned that need to be learned:
1) learn to pace FFS
2) calm down!!

then to top it off my shorts developed a whole and i lost my keys en route - so i had a 40 minute wait for the lady to get home while in my shorts, t shirt and gloves!!

luckily the local pub took my in - didnt falloff the wagon despite the temptation!!

still, 10 miles in the bag and logged on jantastic!  

08/01/2013 at 23:12

Well done O4S . 2nd place seemed below your usual standards and that explains it!

Chick, Jantastic does call for advanced 9a skills.

Minni, . At least you made it back and didn't feel the need to go outside someone's front door which some kind soul has done to us.... Hoping we can get the council to clear it up.

I've done runs on very limited breakfast but that's as far as I've gone with limited fueling. There's an increased risk of picking up illnesses as your immunity is depressed, particularly if you're not refuelling afterwards.

Darren, oh no . Can you cross train? If so do please keep joining in with the thread. Kiwi and Spoon's reports are pushing me to push myself in my cross training.

Today I fitted in a quick gym session - rowing machine and strength training. Rowing machine seems fine as well, which is good as it gives me another training option, but bad as there are far too many painful sessions I know that I could try.

08/01/2013 at 23:47
Minni - Was that a Jantastic run logged, or 'runs' logged. Hehe
Edited: 08/01/2013 at 23:47
09/01/2013 at 09:50

2old - I had 2 bowls of porridge and 1 banana, with another banana on the train to Blackheath. Should've felt , but didn't... Worked a treat! 

Mr Z - I'm with you re pacing and relaxing. I can't run a given pace without Garmin. 

Cooks - Sorry, missed your earlier post. No worries re TWHM if you can't do anything. Thanks for trying.

Recovery 5 for me tonight.

09/01/2013 at 10:22

Morning gang.

I'm crap at pacing myself too. Yesterdays run was supposed to be 5m threshold. I was on the treamill and  could hardly stay on at 7:15 oace, kept having to slow it down as it felt too hard.

Then todays run was 8m with 6@mp :
8;45, 8:27,7:42,7:36,7:37,7:36,7:36,7:42. I was trying to do mp @7:45! They it felt far easier than the treadmill running yesterday. WTF??

Anyway - 3 runs done for Janfedupalreadytastic and Day 9 on the wagon

Edited: 09/01/2013 at 10:24
09/01/2013 at 10:22

Morning

Oomph-that was one hell of a fuelling session-Minni would have exploded after that and think of the cleaning up Becsa's Council would have been left to do.If only the recovery run was as easy as it sounds

Becsa-the rowing machine is mental and physical torture with no escape-good for character and muscle building. Looks like your Council Tax is going to go up

MrZ- I have no trouble controlling my speed as my body doesnt seem to want to do fast, at least thats until taper comes then I have to fight to hold it back. Great session.

Trip to Manchester in the fog today ...hope it clears as MLR planned for tonight.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
09/01/2013 at 10:46
2old - we appear to be on very similar schedule - MLR for me too tonight, ironically it will be in Manchester as well!!

Whenever I travel with work it normally messesy training up loads as there's do much travel time and all the other faf - so my solution is I'm not going to use any public transport and run everywhere instead! There's about 6 miles between the office and where I stay in manc. Hope this trial works as traffic in Manchester is a nightmare so avoiding it would be a massive bonus!
09/01/2013 at 11:05

Mr Z-I will be back home from Manchester to do mine. Looks like very similar schedules-mine's a variation of P&D 18week up to 70 miles pw (with recovery weeks-skiing)though I doubt I will get to 70 often--I'll leave that to Bro. That way of commuting will save a lot on fuel.Im about the same distance from my office but need access to my car during the day.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
09/01/2013 at 11:23
Yup, I'm on the P&D 18wk up to 70, but like you there is a few variations thrown in. I doubt I'll get up to 70 often as ive swapped out some of the recovery runs for some swimming and cycling

I've not done a full 5 days at work since the beginning of december - this week feels like it taking aaaaaages - dragging!
09/01/2013 at 11:33

MrZ-it will be interesting to compare progress. You need a holiday!

09/01/2013 at 12:06

AA - day 9 on the wagon? Is this the longest since you were at school? I'm on day 4....

09/01/2013 at 12:43

Minni: ouch! Sometimes jumping into bushes is the only way  sometimes there aren't any and disaster will strike .

But that's no excuse to mess up somebody else's doorstep (poor Becs)

2old & Mr Z: P&D 70 for me as well, although I prefer the 12 week schedule. Which means I still have a bit more time for base training .

AA: 9 days on the wagon, very impressive! I'm on day 2 again

09/01/2013 at 13:43
Haha Chick - there were no bushes it was too public and the only toilets I found were locked and a key had to be obtained from the county council offices - 60 miles away!

12 miles banked at 4:45am, which gives a nice night off.
09/01/2013 at 13:46

12 miles at 4:45AM!!! Jesus, I just don't know how you guys do it.

I did 5 miles at lunchtime in the sunshine. Marvellous

09/01/2013 at 13:57

nice one, Min! I had a lie in . Didn't hear the alarm and slept for 9 hours . Obviously needed it ...  will brave the rain tonight though. It seems like a quiet day and I hope to leave in an hour or so. The joys of flexitime

Everyone in the office is ill . Have stocked up on Echinacea, Vit. C, First Defence and hand sanitiser. Totally paranoid coz the thing that's making the rounds is bronchial. If I catch it, I can kiss my spring mara goodbye.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.