12 miles at 4:45AM!!! Jesus

that was my thoughts!

09/01/2013 at 15:33
M.r Zuvai wrote (see)
Ant P wrote (see)

12 miles at 4:45AM!!! Jesus

that was my thoughts!

+1 !!!

Ant - Are you doing P & D up to 55 mpw as i've got 5 to do today? My fragile fitness levels cannot cope with anything much over this mileage!

2old - I'm thinking of having 3 bowls of porridge pre-VLM this year. 

09/01/2013 at 16:40

Minni- 4.45? Crazy lady!!!!

Oompa-In that case I wont be running VLM behind you!

So many P&D people here , maybe theyll sponsor us?

09/01/2013 at 16:44

I'm not very good at early mornings....

09/01/2013 at 17:16
It's not that I want to run at that time of the morning, or at 10 o'clock at night but I do want to do the best I can in London and this is the only way I can fit it in. .

Nice to not have to go out tonight. . Means I can do household chores instead.
09/01/2013 at 19:50

Running at night is kinda fun though

Oompa - no P&D for me, I have devised my own Frankenplan. However at the moment I am base building after a achilles/ankle injury before Xmas. Things looking ok though

09/01/2013 at 20:06
Minni - Nice early start for your 12 miler, well done.
Re Jantastic, I noticed there's still a few of us on zero runs, which for me with just 3 runs shouldn't be a problem. Will you be kicking some arse on Sunday to make sure we've all logged are runs before the cut off on Monday!
If I remember from last year, we started slowly, and then stormed to the top of the leader board.

Becs - Enjoy your row sessions on the machine of the devil, there's no where for your muscles to hide!
09/01/2013 at 20:13
Don't worry Simon I'm keeping a close eye on it. I know a couple of people said they wouldn't update until the weekend. Parsnip hasn't recorded anything yet but in sure Carrot will keep him in order.
09/01/2013 at 20:27
Minni- don't apologise or justify why you run then..we know why. Enjoy your night off. Looking forward to you kicking arse.
Ant- like the idea of Frankenplan...mines more of a Danplan
Simon- are you looking to have Minni kick your arse on purpose?
MLR done 14.3 miles av pace 7.55mm. Started to feel it on the final hill home.
09/01/2013 at 21:26

Weeble/2old- I think Abingdon opens in the first week of February, its still my number one choice unless I can get talked into doing one further afield. The two new marathons in York and Northumberland look good also, oh decisions, decisions.

Zuvai- Good run yesterday for you, very nice pace.

Becs- yuk ref your door step!

AA- Its funny how one day your body doesn't let you do the run prescribed and then the next day its better.(more to follow on this in a mo)

Minni- I hope your enjoying your night off or are you already in bed? Total respect to you for getting out for a run at 4:45am.

Ant- what does your Frankenplan look like?

20ld- A nice MLR there.

I decided not to join the speed session with my club mates tonight as last week I couldn't control my pace and did my fastest pace to date. So I set off to do 6x 1mile @10k pace at lunch time, I had to talk myself into getting out there as the CNBA fairy arrived. The 3mile warm up was fine, then my legs went on strike! I just couldn't get them going, I'm putting it down to "one of those days" My mileage has been quite low for the last month and the last speed session was last Wednesday so not sure what happened. I ended up only doing 4x1mile reps at just under MP. Total miles with wu and cd were 8:83miles so I wont grumble too much. Pace on 1 mile reps were: 7:18, 7:24, 7:16, 7:22 with 3 min recovery in between. 3rd run for Jantastic with a double recovery run planned tomorrow!

09/01/2013 at 21:32

.....he's on the case!

09/01/2013 at 21:37
Minni - PSOF are currently beating Team Minni !!!
09/01/2013 at 21:40

Edited: 09/01/2013 at 21:40
09/01/2013 at 21:42

Swam tonight. 110 lengths   But it was only a 15m pool 

i have a rip n my speedos so no more swimming until I've had a delivery from Wiggle

09/01/2013 at 21:48
Carter - enjoy it. Possibly your team are using the crash and burn strategy?!

I have every faith in the team so not worried in the slightest. We had people running with legs bandaged up and two days after having tumors removed last year. These are not people who give in. We will be in top place when it matters!

;-)
Edited: 09/01/2013 at 21:49
09/01/2013 at 21:56

The more pressing question is Minni, did you finish your 1K reps after you'd had a clear out?

Hope your day has been better today Spoons.  How's the shins? And the post-yoga/pilates DOMS? Good call not swimming again until you have a pair of hole-free budgie smugglers.

Have you sewed the hole up Zuvai? Can't forget the gloves on a cold night.  Good paces for your LT miles, even before you calmed down!

Hope you can get the council to clear up the mess Becs, some people really are disgusting

Your training sounds like it's got plenty of speedy stuff in AA, what plan are you following?

Keep those germs at bay Chick, I doubt anything can get through your defence tactics

6 x 1M @ 10K pace does sound pretty grim for a lunchtime run Gazelle, sometimes the legs just don't want to cooperate! Still a good session banked.

I wasn't up quite as early as Minni this morning (or probably Bro and Chick) but did my recovery run at 6am this morning after the club session last night.  As part of my cooldown last night on the soaked all weather pitch I put my XC spikes on to have a go of running in them.  Planning on a couple of miles of grass in them at the weekend also....

09/01/2013 at 21:58
Minni- did you get that from Rocky? Churchill? Brilliant we will win
Gaz- excellent CNBA session . Frankenplan probably looks like Frankenstein lots of odd bits bolted together to create a bit of a monster . Sounds like some of the sessions devised by the coaches for some here
Spoons- that swim took some mental strength. Not sure I want to know any more about the rip
09/01/2013 at 22:04
Carrot - no I didn't finish it because I had a meeting to attend but rescheduled it for Friday. Are you doing the next North East Harriers League xc at the beginning of Feb? Can't remember where it is but down your way somewhere.

Gazelle - sometime the head is willing but the legs are not - still a good session.
09/01/2013 at 22:11
Carot - Is Parsnip the guy at the bottom of Team Minni, with 7 runs to do and none logged, if so I'm not worried then, as you'll be kicking his arse too!

2old - Heaven help anyone not pulling their weight. Minni will be up even earlier to come and sort me/us out!
09/01/2013 at 22:14

I don't know about the next Harrier League, I might have a go as practice for the Nationals!  Are you running?  I don't want to sign up for too many short races as it means skipping a speed session or other quality stuff. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.