RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Minni v Dubai Dave

25,321 to 25,340 of 37,583 messages
09/01/2013 at 21:40

Edited: 09/01/2013 at 21:40
09/01/2013 at 21:42

Swam tonight. 110 lengths   But it was only a 15m pool 

i have a rip n my speedos so no more swimming until I've had a delivery from Wiggle

09/01/2013 at 21:48
Carter - enjoy it. Possibly your team are using the crash and burn strategy?!

I have every faith in the team so not worried in the slightest. We had people running with legs bandaged up and two days after having tumors removed last year. These are not people who give in. We will be in top place when it matters!

;-)
Edited: 09/01/2013 at 21:49
09/01/2013 at 21:56

The more pressing question is Minni, did you finish your 1K reps after you'd had a clear out?

Hope your day has been better today Spoons.  How's the shins? And the post-yoga/pilates DOMS? Good call not swimming again until you have a pair of hole-free budgie smugglers.

Have you sewed the hole up Zuvai? Can't forget the gloves on a cold night.  Good paces for your LT miles, even before you calmed down!

Hope you can get the council to clear up the mess Becs, some people really are disgusting

Your training sounds like it's got plenty of speedy stuff in AA, what plan are you following?

Keep those germs at bay Chick, I doubt anything can get through your defence tactics

6 x 1M @ 10K pace does sound pretty grim for a lunchtime run Gazelle, sometimes the legs just don't want to cooperate! Still a good session banked.

I wasn't up quite as early as Minni this morning (or probably Bro and Chick) but did my recovery run at 6am this morning after the club session last night.  As part of my cooldown last night on the soaked all weather pitch I put my XC spikes on to have a go of running in them.  Planning on a couple of miles of grass in them at the weekend also....

09/01/2013 at 21:58
Minni- did you get that from Rocky? Churchill? Brilliant we will win
Gaz- excellent CNBA session . Frankenplan probably looks like Frankenstein lots of odd bits bolted together to create a bit of a monster . Sounds like some of the sessions devised by the coaches for some here
Spoons- that swim took some mental strength. Not sure I want to know any more about the rip
09/01/2013 at 22:04
Carrot - no I didn't finish it because I had a meeting to attend but rescheduled it for Friday. Are you doing the next North East Harriers League xc at the beginning of Feb? Can't remember where it is but down your way somewhere.

Gazelle - sometime the head is willing but the legs are not - still a good session.
09/01/2013 at 22:11
Carot - Is Parsnip the guy at the bottom of Team Minni, with 7 runs to do and none logged, if so I'm not worried then, as you'll be kicking his arse too!

2old - Heaven help anyone not pulling their weight. Minni will be up even earlier to come and sort me/us out!
09/01/2013 at 22:14

I don't know about the next Harrier League, I might have a go as practice for the Nationals!  Are you running?  I don't want to sign up for too many short races as it means skipping a speed session or other quality stuff. 

09/01/2013 at 22:15

X-post - yeah Simon he'd just not logged his runs so far, the buffoon.

09/01/2013 at 22:17
Yoga class tonight.

Council said not their problem

It's the end of the week that matters for jantastic.
09/01/2013 at 22:44
Simon- maybe they are / you are doing it to deliberately wind up our leader?
Beca- complain to the ombudsman or are you too chilled after yoga?
Signed up for The Coniston 14 today. Excited about this one as its regarded as pretty special around these parts ..hope they're right. So that's two races booked before VLM . Is that enough or should I go for more?
09/01/2013 at 22:47

went mad today and ran a mammoth 5 miles  !!!

all at 9:30mm pace again and HR dropped to 152 avg so inching my way towards the 140's...will do 4mile friday and then use sunday as my LSR and maybe drop in a 6 miler. 

4 runs per wk is plenty for my sorry body at this stage I think ...

09/01/2013 at 22:48

i'm 100% on target for my jantastic goals....oops i did not manage to register sorry Minni

Dubai Dave    pirate
10/01/2013 at 06:37

Morning Folks

See you have been busy discussing fueling, IMO at our level its whatever works for you. I often do long runs of 20+ miles with zero fuel before hand, mainly cos I can't face food at 0430!. I usually use a couple of gels in a marathon but always laugh to myself at the folks laden down with fuel belts at the start, sadly their nearly always Triathletes who have a real love for gels. Gels really work on the bike and I will take one every 45 mins on a long ride, not so convinced when running and prefer coke. 

2Old: I nearly dropped dead when i paid for the lift passes myself.

Bro: hope your enjoying Whistler, the Hobbit comment was  a classic

Out of the sandpit on Saturday and off to Val d'Isere on Sunday just in time for teh next dump of snow, weather forecast has max temp at -11C at the end of next week, my kids will freeze.

Out of the door this morning at 0500 for 90 mins on the bike, cool and blustery, will swim a 2K set at lunch. Last nights 6 x 1 mile off 2 minute recoveries went 6.26 / 6.31 / 6.26 / 6.21 / 6.19 / 6.12, was almost croaking on the last one.

10/01/2013 at 07:54

DD -   Very impressive mile splits.

2old -  Is that all the way around the Lake?

AA -  Very decent MP miles, always nice when a run feels good.

Minni - Good early 12  miles, speaking of VLM have you a target yet.

Chick -  Got to be hard with the sickies at work, anyone at my work with colds/lurgy get told politely, once,  to get away from me. 

6 miles slow last night, and 4 this morning with middle 2 "brisk" which were meant to be 7min/mile but came out just under. 2 more runs for Jantastic.

10/01/2013 at 09:54

I've updated my MT runs - however, there's no rush is there? I thought we have till next monday to log the runs anyway. 

Frankenplan - basically I have an overall mileage progression and have put my long runs in. I have got some MP stuff in there later in the program and am doing an intervals progression over the period. The rest is filled in with MLRs (as per P&D), LT runs with the club, easy runs and recovery. The Franken aspect is to modify it on the fly to cope with injury/illness. I haven't even done the detail for the second half of the plan. I will use that to work on any weaknesses I spot. 

DD - Dubai to VdI. That will be a temperature shock. I have a friend who lives in Geneva and travels a lot for work. Last year when it was -20 at lake geneva he was on business in thailand in the mid 30s. It was a shock for him coming back!

10/01/2013 at 10:00

Morning all

DD-this must be your tapir time-queue Mr Z for a pic-so those intervals are very impressive. Re lift passes-even 14 year olds were regarded as adults!!! A disgrace. The lifts should be quiet for you anyway.The areas where there was no sun were very very cold not helped by my minimal body fat.Hope you get that dump of snow so you can enjoy the off piste. I dont take coke-I hear it irritates the nose

Barry-not sure of the route for Coniston-I will check.Minni will know anyway. Shall we guess Minnis target? My guess is 3.14.59. Steady running there and fast 2 today.

Plan says 5 recovery for me though when I woke up I just wanted to stay in bed to recover. to me...off the wagon tonight I think.

10/01/2013 at 10:05

Ant-re Jantastic- perhaps Team Minni should agree not to log until the last day so as to avoid motivating the other teams on a daily basis to keep up? Your plan looks like mine but with a bit more speed work throughout. Looking at mine that seems to come in March in my plan--not looking forward to that. Yes DD will notice the temperature difference. When I got back last week it went from -4/6 to 12...was my body confused!

10/01/2013 at 10:09
10/01/2013 at 10:59

Morning all. Working at home today as my boy is ill. Trying to concentrate on work while the Playstation is going is tough!

I've dug out some old budgie smugglers so will swim again tonight.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.